Official Thread: 2010 World Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh Update:

2010 World Tunnel Champs Race Entries

60 Boats total.

Sport B Tunnel - 12 Boats

James Clegg

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Dick Loeb

Karen Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt

Buddy Lowe

Jim Johnson

B tunnel - 14 Boats

James Clegg

John Knight

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Jon Harter

Dick Loeb

Bob Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt

Buddy Lowe

Jim Johnson

D Tunnel - 13 Boats

James Clegg

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Jon Harter

Dick Loeb

Bob Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt

Buddy Lowe

Jim Johnson

Mod VP - 4 Boats

John Knight

Shane Adderley

James Beasley

Dick Loeb

Sport 40 Tunnel - 5 Boats

Shane Adderley

James Beasley

Dick Loeb

Karen Kensill

Terry Trott

Open Tunnel - 6 Boats

Shane Adderley

James Beasley

Jon Harter

Bob Kensill

Terry Trott

Buddy Lowe

Gas Tunnel - 2 Boats

James Beasley

Buddy Lowe

FE Spec Tunnel - 3 Boats

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Dick Loeb

Sport 20 Kneeler - 1 Boat

Dick Loeb

James Clegg,

I am entering, I am just trying to figure out what classes I need to be in.

FE P-spec class I am definitely signing up for.

FE Open class...does that mean I can enter any FE powered tunnel I want..no guidelines for battery size or anything else?

Then there is the straight Open class...Can an FE tunnel enter it? Is it race what you got, no matter how crazy the setup is?

Also, do I need to become an IMPBA member BEFORE I sign up for this race?

Another question is: If the Kneeler class doesn't pick up anyone else other than Dick Loab, can me and him battle it out with mine being FE, and his doing a mod nitro setup? I built his kneeler, and talk to him daily and I know he would care less and probably have fun doing that!

Let me know James! Thanks, Mike Luszcz

Ok John & James, the entry is in the mail. (famous last words) Took a while to decide who's running what but 2 mod 20's 2 mod 40's 2 mod-vp's 2 sport 40's and a open and a sport20 for 10 boats from the HTV camp.

Tuneup in Brandon (Storm #1) and on to the worlds.

Mic

James Clegg,

I am entering, I am just trying to figure out what classes I need to be in.

FE P-spec class I am definitely signing up for.

FE Open class...does that mean I can enter any FE powered tunnel I want..no guidelines for battery size or anything else?

Then there is the straight Open class...Can an FE tunnel enter it? Is it race what you got, no matter how crazy the setup is?

Also, do I need to become an IMPBA member BEFORE I sign up for this race?

Another question is: If the Kneeler class doesn't pick up anyone else other than Dick Loab, can me and him battle it out with mine being FE, and his doing a mod nitro setup? I built his kneeler, and talk to him daily and I know he would care less and probably have fun doing that!

Let me know James! Thanks, Mike Luszcz

Mike,

From the club standpoint, FE Open is just that, run what you brung in the FE class. Must be an OB but that is all. Open tunnel is also run what you brung. Nitro, gas or FE, any size, can compete.

As for the IMPBA membership, you can sign up at the race, however with the race being almost 3 months away. We PREFER you do it now and have it done by race time. You will get your card back usually within 3/4 weeks. It reduces the admin time we have to deal with at the race.

We'll see how the kneeler class goes between now and the race. Dick has offered to sponsor the class so we want to run it. A lot of racers have yet to enter and are coming in soon. Time will tell.

John

Ok John & James, the entry is in the mail. (famous last words) Took a while to decide who's running what but 2 mod 20's 2 mod 40's 2 mod-vp's 2 sport 40's and a open and a sport20 for 10 boats from the HTV camp.

Tuneup in Brandon (Storm #1) and on to the worlds.

Mic

FABULOUS!! Now if we can just get the other FLA tunnel slackers to get entered. Would be a shame that PREMO would be the only TBM member to show up. He will have a hard road to hoe.

Mike,

From the club standpoint, FE Open is just that, run what you brung in the FE class. Must be an OB but that is all. Open tunnel is also run what you brung. Nitro, gas or FE, any size, can compete.

As for the IMPBA membership, you can sign up at the race, however with the race being almost 3 months away. We PREFER you do it now and have it done by race time. You will get your card back usually within 3/4 weeks. It reduces the admin time we have to deal with at the race.

We'll see how the kneeler class goes between now and the race. Dick has offered to sponsor the class so we want to run it. A lot of racers have yet to enter and are coming in soon. Time will tell.

John

Thanks John, I will probably enter all 3, and keep an eye on the kneeler class. It would be great to run a boat I build, but I have nothing nitro anymore, so it would be hard to get just one going! Talk soon, Mike

Mike,

John

Thanks John, I will probably enter all 3, and keep an eye on the kneeler class. It would be great to run a boat I build, but I have nothing nitro anymore, so it would be hard to get just one going! Talk soon, Mike

Understood and think about it some more. Besides, between Dick and James Beasley, they have easily a half dozen spare nitro boats hanging around, and that is no joke!

John, Dick has probably more than 2 dozen engines laying around! I was just giving him a hard time when I went up there last Friday! haha.

Updated the entry list as of today, Feb 11th.

Where are all those FE guys that always whine about not having classes to run??????

What about the Kneelers? The OB Hydro class is finally being offered, after much protest... where are they?

Also, **** I will be bringing flyers to the SOWEGA race next weekend****. I think there are a few FE'ers, and local tunnel guys who need to come to the big show. You can fill out the form, write me a check, and hand it all back to me. Save yourself $0.4? cents on a stamp.

84 Boats total.

Sport B Tunnel - 16 Boats

James Clegg

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Dick Loeb

Karen Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt

Buddy Lowe

Jim Johnson

Bonnie Stebbins

Rick Glover

Chris Wittrig

Audra Halbrehder

B tunnel - 19 Boats

James Clegg

John Knight

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Jon Harter

Dick Loeb

Bob Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt

Buddy Lowe

Jim Johnson

Travis Stebbins

Rick Glover

Chris Wittrig

Mic Halbrehder

Jay Halbrehder

D Tunnel - 17 Boats

James Clegg

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Jon Harter

Dick Loeb

Bob Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt

Buddy Lowe

Jim Johnson

Rick Glover

Chris Wittrig

Mic Halbrehder

Jay Halbrehder

Mod VP - 7 Boats

John Knight

Shane Adderley

James Beasley

Dick Loeb

Rick Glover

Mic Halbrehder

Audra Halbrehder

Sport 40 Tunnel - 9 Boats

Shane Adderley

James Beasley

Dick Loeb

Karen Kensill

Terry Trott

Rick Glover

Chris Wittrig

Mic Halbrehder

Audra Halbrehder

Open Tunnel - 8 Boats

Shane Adderley

James Beasley

Jon Harter

Bob Kensill

Terry Trott

Buddy Lowe

Chris Wittrig

Jay Halbrehder

Gas Tunnel - 3 Boats

James Beasley

Buddy Lowe

Chris Wittrig

FE Spec Tunnel - 3 Boats

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Dick Loeb

Sport 20 Kneeler - 1 Boat

Dick Loeb

B OB Hydro - 1 Boat

Travis Stebbins

Open FE Tunnel - 0 Boats

James, Just so you have a head count, I am entering:

-FE Spec Tunnel

-Open FE Tunnel

-Open Tunnel

I will not be sending in my entry till late march tho. I want to see what happens with the kneeler class before I send off, Thanks, Mike

im trying to work out the details of me attending the big show . i have my application in hand and ill send out my entry form this week looks like 20 mod tunnel, 20 stock tunnel, and 40 mod tunnel . thanks for the reminder !! i probally would have waited to late and missed my chance to go. now i just need to get the time off from work figured out

James, Just so you have a head count, I am entering:

-FE Spec Tunnel

-Open FE Tunnel

-Open Tunnel

I will not be sending in my entry till late march tho. I want to see what happens with the kneeler class before I send off, Thanks, Mike
Mike,

Suggest you send in your entry now anyway. If the kneeler class is cancelled, your $$$ will be refunded. We are trying, very hard, to get this class started and if several hold back, it will not go at race time. Same for the FE entries too. Guys are watching on what classes are being entered.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I will send it in a week or so then. I just mailed off the IMPBA membership today, so I want it to be processed so I can give you guys my IMPBA #. Mike

Mike, we dont really need the number. We just need to see the card during check-in at the race. You can just put "applied" in the section on the entry form, unless you have been a IMPBA member before, then your number will be the same as the old one. Looking forward to meeting you and checking out these FE rockets in person.

~ James

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool. I will get started asap! Yeah, I am pretty excited to get down there. Never been to a race, so this should be one heck of a time! Look forward to meeting you guys too! Mike

Ok, I finally got off my a$ and filled out the entry form. It goes out in the morning..

quit calling me and clogging my pm's, and you might have more time for the important things :p

just getting my post count up :rolleyes:
Clogging YOUR pm inbox huh?

Do you want me to cut and paste some of your messages?

Oh yeah... Just adding to my post count. B)

Updated the entry list on the first page...

Still waiting on quite a few of the normal guys. Little birdy says that Grim and Dunny have other business commitments, I cant imagine anything more important than the World Tunnel Champs for a tunnel manufacturer....

90 Boats total.

Sport B Tunnel - 18 Boats

James Clegg

Shane Adderley

Tim Dean

James Beasley

Garry Geiselman

Dick Loeb

Karen Kensill

Randy Premo

Terry Trott

Deryl Nesbitt