2013 World OB Tunnel Champs Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy its to bad Jeni called me to open the shed to get fuel tanks out. Sorry i witnessed one of the best decision of RC boat racing history. There were 1 ft rollers rolling dowm the length of the pond with with a driving rain. I took a picture with my cell phone but it was so nasty it didnt come out. I erased it I guess i should have kept it. Asked Shane you guys going to run in this stuff? He said we are just going to run our batteries down for storage. Now I hear it was a beautiful day at the pond. I was there 9 930 the time we would have been running it was unrunnable. The board of directors made a decision and it was based on the forcast of what was coming. What was coming was there when i got there Sunday morning. Boy i guesss its to bad i got the call or history revision could of happened. My 40 boat hit a wave at the end of the day sat and it destroyed it. With the way the swells were running Sat alot more boats would have been destroyed.

Its hard work to put on a race.

Boy its to bad Jeni called me to open the shed to get fuel tanks out. Sorry i witnessed one of the best decision of RC boat racing history. There were 1 ft rollers rolling dowm the length of the pond with with a driving rain. I took a picture with my cell phone but it was so nasty it didnt come out. I erased it I guess i should have kept it. Asked Shane you guys going to run in this stuff? He said we are just going to run our batteries down for storage. Now I hear it was a beautiful day at the pond. I was there 9 930 the time we would have been running it was unrunnable. The board of directors made a decision and it was based on the forcast of what was coming. What was coming was there when i got there Sunday morning. Boy i guesss its to bad i got the call or history revision could of happened. My 40 boat hit a wave at the end of the day sat and it destroyed it. With the way the swells were running Sat alot more boats would have been destroyed.

Unreal Rick..

Last edited by a moderator:
IT WAS NASTY!!!BUT I HAD FUN!!Ron thanks again for the two rounds. Congrats to all the winners ...... and 6th place to......................................jj.

I have friends on both sides of this "debate" but when you have a big race it should always be left to the RACERS to make that call on quitting early, they are the GUESTS of whoever the host club is especially with people traveling long distances to be a part of an event.

I have friends on both sides of this "debate" but when you have a big race it should always be left to the RACERS to make that call on quitting early, they are the GUESTS of whoever the host club is especially with people traveling long distances to be a part of an event.
AMEN!

I would like to thank the CMB club for hosting another great race. The weather made it hard on everybody, and they made a tough but safe decision. We, the Duncan clan, didn't have a problem with it. Yeah they could of waited until Sunday to see what the weather was gonna be like, but what do you do when the weather forecast says 15-20mph winds and 90% chance of rain. Harold and Corey were at the pond early Sunday morning getting there trailer, and said it was so rough we couldn't have run anyway. I personaly had seen enough, and had been in enough heats on Saturday where all we could do is idle, and try and keep boats on top of the water.

Again a big thanks to the CMB Club, Randy Premo and the other CD's who made this race possible. The Duncan clan had a great time as always.
suck up :p -Sr.

If that is the BEST DISSION THAT THE CLUB EVER MADE mybe we need to move the race to another location or another club. .SORRY RICK , THATS BS IF THE CLUB CAN'T HANDLE IT Mitch SR

in Atlanta Spring nats this year we had a storm coming thru they stopped the race had a drivers meeting and left it to the racers.. we all made the choice ran the run off's and the Twin shootout.

Rick I did say that we where only going to run fe but then it stopped sprinkling just after you left and we had fun running boats, the only time it rained hard was at 330 pm we where at the track till 630 pm, all of us that where there would say the same thing at no time was the water rougher than it was on saturday ,i'am not trying to piss anybody off but if you were not there you missed out on a lot of fun ,there were at least 10 people there that will agree with me .

I reckon it's time an Australian club hosted the World Tunnel Championships ;) LOL

Sounds like a great event guys, would love to get there someday and meet all you tunnel heads.

Can someone list what hull/engine combos placed in the mod classes(B,D,Open)?

Congrats to all!

Brad,

We would love to have you. The CMB has a great race site for sure. I am already looking forward to next year. The boat/engine combos I used in the classes I won were:

E Tunnel - first place-Proglass by Martin Tidwell, K/B 67, Equi Big belly pipe

Open Tunnel- first place- same boat and setup above

ModVP- first place-Vision and POD by Shawn, POD install and setup by Jeff Connelly, OS water cooled 21

Gas Tunnel- first place- ML Boatworks GS480 by Mike Luszcz/Dick Loeb, Zenoah by Donnie Padgett

Finish other than first:

P Limited FE Tunnel- third- ML Boatworks P300 with Aquacraft/Aquacraft

Boca Bearings/Red Max Fuel

Maybe the rest will chime in as well.... :)

Thanks Ron, always interested in what you guys are running over there and doing well with.

Congratulations and thanks for chipping in the info.

Sport D- first place-vision- nova .46 k&b can muffler.

D tunnel- first place- vision with a Nelson

open tunnel-3rd place-shaman with a Nelson.

Open tunnel - second place - hornet with a nova .46

Brandon,

3 out of 4. In "D" tunnel I was tied for 3rd with Jay both HTV/K&B's with Silver Bullets.

In Q tunnel I won with an HTV/Castle/Swordfish200

P tunnel Jay won with a Shaman/Neu/Swordfish220

Mic

CMB is a great club everyone who goes to a race there comes back. Give the club a break

Outlaw 40 was vision with a rossie with can.

Have to give Stan all the credit on my novarossi 20 and 46 there bad a!! Motors

Thanks

I reckon it's time an Australian club hosted the World Tunnel Championships ;) LOL

Sounds like a great event guys, would love to get there someday and meet all you tunnel heads.

Congrats to all!

Congrats to all!

That would be great I am sure Josie would let you use the pond! jj

Tough deal , things happen . Stick together with the common thread that holds all toy boat racers together .....the next race and good friends .I'm sure there were lots of good times had . I'll be there in October for the Fall Nats , rain or shine ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back