Official Thread: 2010 World Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry that I cannot make it this year. I've just got too much going on. I've been working about 12 hours a day at the regular job then coming home and building boats. I just can't get away!

I hope you all have a great time and a safe trip...maybe next year!

Mark Hopper

Were sure going to miss Mark and the rest of the HTB boys. (Nanny's) Great competitors and all round stand up guys.

Hope we see you next year.

Mic

The weather looks good with the temps Fri-Sun between 78-85 and no wet stuff in the forecast. We had good weather today at open water.

We plan on running open water tomorrow from 8-10, with the drivers meeting immediately following with racing commencing after that. We will run 2 rounds on Friday, believe we will run 3 rounds on Saturday and the final round on Sunday.

Good Luck D12 Tunnel Guru's!!!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell ya after a good nights sleep...... Good weather, we did 6 rounds, and you dropped your lowest round . Tony Atwell killed Team Johnson/Wittrig I believe it was in open, with his sport d boat at about 5 mph. o yeah, best of all

Jamie Galiher goes to his first race and finishes all of his heats, taking his first trophy.

boats were FAST FAST this year, lots of all boat finishing heat , and a buoy 4,5,6 wind driven parking lot Saturday.

Al Naumann and Joe riding around selling live fish sandwiches PRICELESS

Dizzy tried to blow up everything he had, Electrics are HELLA COOL WICKED FAST !!!!!!! I want a FE..

Britton Takes a outlaw Shaman sport D and goes just under 60 with the first prop ever put on it, what a BANSHEE>>>>>

The MOD VP class is gonna be killer! The boats are just cool not to watch.

Bob Kensill drives all night after missing Friday (2 rounds missed) and KICKS ass like he was posessed.

We missed ya Mark, Grim, Dunny.

MeTime, you are the greatest thing that ever happened to us. Luv, Randy....

Big thanks to CMB for hosting, JJ for keeping an EYE on us ! ;) ;)

RP

no worries randy, i'll be ready for the next meet :D it was all worth it.

need to thank bill britton, and deryl nesbitt for there help an hour before my first heat. slammed a mod motor back together and pulled off a second place. this is what it's all about.

don't forget that awesome pass on atwell sr, then the kaboom did its thing(**** it) :(

would'nt change a thing <_<

my revenge will be a the GRAND PRIX B)

TIM

made it home safe & sound. no deer strikes this year ;) ! had a house full of company, been running my butt off showing them d.c, skyline dr. & stuff. back to work tomorrow. had a blast at the races, as always. saw old friends, made some new ones, & scored a few good deals. racing was so so, just lack of pond time with new boat/motor combos. weather up here wouldn't cooperate. my sundowner ob rigger was inconsistent at best, but when it ran, it was FAST! still good enough for second. never found the sweet spot on my b mod tunnel, finally found a needle that worked, got close, but no cigar. my villain's k&b blew up on thursday, never got it dialed back in just right after rebuilding it. james clegg, only 3 years service out of your build............. :rolleyes: :lol: . the mod vp that mic loaned me was prolly the brightest spot in my weekend! i didn't even have a motor bolted on it 'til thursday night. set it up according to mic's instructions & threw it in the water. it ran GREAT! this thing is a blast to drive. rears back on the transom in the straights, kinda like an old checkmate. once i got used to the turns, i was as fast as anyone out there. even mic, pitting for jay in one of my heats, said **** robin, when he saw it hauling the mail. tried to pass my old boat, that i loaned dick loeb, but hesitated & got too close to him. blew it over in his roostertail. blew it off again in the last heat, by going too wide on the back straight, & getting out in the wind. if not for my mistakes, i shoulda placed with it. a special thanks to john knight for all his help with my tuning/needle issues. he stepped up & did all he could to get me going!! THANX, john :) . as always, a great event put on by a great club. gabe & randy kept it moving along, even the "guest" cd did a good job. "the little green boat is leading, the little red boat is catching up" :lol: :lol: . good call, mud hen.......... see all of you next year, can't wait!!!!!!!

I would just like to give a plug to my Ole Bud Ron Drake for bringing Van's Tunnel Boats back to the table. Ron has devoted a lot of his time,money and effort to providing O/B Tunnel racers with the boats they want. Ron and his guys are also spending a lot of time helping customers with their setups and even helping racers that are in direct competition with their team. Thanks Ron for stepping up to the plate and putting together such a great team.

Sportsmanship and deturmination has payed off. Great Job Guys!

Keep thoes Rostertails LONG & LOW!

-Carl Van Houten,

made it home safe & sound. no deer strikes this year ;) ! had a house full of company, been running my butt off showing them d.c, skyline dr. & stuff. back to work tomorrow. had a blast at the races, as always. saw old friends, made some new ones, & scored a few good deals. racing was so so, just lack of pond time with new boat/motor combos. weather up here wouldn't cooperate. my sundowner ob rigger was inconsistent at best, but when it ran, it was FAST! still good enough for second. never found the sweet spot on my b mod tunnel, finally found a needle that worked, got close, but no cigar. my villain's k&b blew up on thursday, never got it dialed back in just right after rebuilding it. james clegg, only 3 years service out of your build............. :rolleyes: :lol: . the mod vp that mic loaned me was prolly the brightest spot in my weekend! i didn't even have a motor bolted on it 'til thursday night. set it up according to mic's instructions & threw it in the water. it ran GREAT! this thing is a blast to drive. rears back on the transom in the straights, kinda like an old checkmate. once i got used to the turns, i was as fast as anyone out there. even mic, pitting for jay in one of my heats, said **** robin, when he saw it hauling the mail. tried to pass my old boat, that i loaned dick loeb, but hesitated & got too close to him. blew it over in his roostertail. blew it off again in the last heat, by going too wide on the back straight, & getting out in the wind. if not for my mistakes, i shoulda placed with it. a special thanks to john knight for all his help with my tuning/needle issues. he stepped up & did all he could to get me going!! THANX, john :) . as always, a great event put on by a great club. gabe & randy kept it moving along, even the "guest" cd did a good job. "the little green boat is leading, the little red boat is catching up" :lol: :lol: . good call, mud hen.......... see all of you next year, can't wait!!!!!!!
Since getting my CD that was my first "offical" race and I was kind of thrown to the wolves..I just like to have fun..you guys know what color boats you drive and I am not as fast as Randy and Gabe at calling out everyones names. I would like to thank everyone for the great weekend..I had a blast but not sure if I want to call anymore races..I just don't want to hurt anyones feelings...Ms. Mud Hen

jenni, it was a refreshing change! i think all of us enjoyed it, just added to the fun spirit of this event.

Back