Official Thread: 2010 World Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad part is, I have had it filled out, check written and deducted in check register, in the envelope, and has a stamp on it! :huh: No boats tested or prepped nor unpacked! :unsure: I told you I was lazy!

Sad part is, I have had it filled out, check written and deducted in check register, in the envelope, and has a stamp on it! :huh: No boats tested or prepped nor unpacked! :unsure: I told you I was lazy!

what, still need daddy to hold your hand :lol:

tim

:lol:

gabe is the coarse lay out with 7 buoy or 11buoy?

shane
Dont say coarse! its going to be a smooth layout....LOl. I have already ordered the weather.

Updated the list, I forgot Brother Deryl in one of the classes.

Also, its 12 buoys. 5 on each end, and two entrance buoys.

~ Gabe
what was wrong with 3 on each side?

James had fingers and toes left over when counting bouys. So, to keep from getting confused, rather than cut off fingers and toes he added some bouys!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We Run 5 at each end and it makes a smoother curve (Sometimes anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of what Kris said. I have no idea, I was out of the loop on that one. I just came to the race, and there were 12 buoys. I assume the club voted to try it out, and thats what happened. I like it better!

~ James

Kind of what Kris said. I have no idea, I was out of the loop on that one. I just came to the race, and there were 12 buoys. I assume the club voted to try it out, and thats what happened. I like it better!

~ James

The CMB club did indeed decide in late summer last year to add in the additional bouys. One primary reason is that it turns the course ends from a triangle (3 buoys) to an arc (5 buoys). With that change, we hoped to end the carnage on the buoys that we had from previous races, and it worked very well. From the Fall Nats in 2008, we went through 25 buoys on open water thrrough Saturdays racing. Sunday 4 more were taken out for a total of 29. That is a huge expense and time killer. The racers were using them as targets to kill and not go around. The 2009 Fall Nats used a total of 5 bouys. It does make a difference. We use them for the club races and the two invitational races.

We also changed from round tubular buoys to all round buoys and that also helped. However, the 5 buoy change was the major factor for less carnage.

Try red balloons as buoys attached to foam with a rubberband. That's what we use, less damage to boats and cheap and easy to replace. U just need a few guys full of hit wind in the morning but we never seem to struggle with that hahaha

look beasley does'nt have a kneeler yet <_<

tim
Dizzy, You guys are too funny!! What on earth makes you think I am not putting one together right now!!! he he he! My problem is not the kneeler, it is resisting the OB Rigger class. I actually have one just calling to me to dig it out of the catacombs!! I may have to send in a registration adendum. I can't wait to race!! James

james, dig out that rigger. i'm putting one together, don't see anyone else (or anyone at all, for that matter) signed up for it yet. it was on my first entry form that the usps sent off into the ozone, & will be in the second one going out tomorrow or saturday.

well, there seems to be one floating around here, thier boat my motor <_< . i think i'll look into it. just to run robin down :p

tim

omgwtf, don't have any macs left :D i believe i learned my mac lesson. i have to many boats to get ready as it is, can you say revamp one more time.

tim

omgwtf, don't have any macs left
biggrin.gif
i believe i learned my mac lesson. i have to many boats to get ready as it is, can you say revamp one more time.

tim

My pit buddy finally listened and went to a NovaRossi and left the MAC's in the dust. I just showed him how well a NR IB and OB runs all year. We'll see how 2010 goes!

it was sad, robin got 4th at the wtc. i know i passed him with ease, to just stop and watch him pass me back :( i can't win if i can't finish. new year with new stuff john :D

time will tell

tim

Now that the Winter Nats have been completed, it is time to get cranking on getting the entries in for this race. I am calling on the usual cast of characters (literal in many cases), many are in FLA, that have not entered yet to get them in. They are:

Mic, Jay & Audra

the Junkers

Greg Cardone

Jeff Whiddon

Ron Drake

Carl & Co

John Otto

Steve Hearl

Grim

Dunny

Russ Williamson

the Harveys

Bill Britton

Dan Hutchinson

the Atwells (help us all)

Gary Erwine

Nub

Buddy Lowe

Jimmy Johnson

Chris Wittrig

the Nanneys

Mark Hopper

the Lumbs

Mark Poole

Jimmy Eddleman

Jimmie Shaver

Davis Ashmore

Wade Daughtery

And the rest of the gang

Remember, this is race #2 of the STORM tunnel race series. You know how well this race is run and the great competition among some of the best tunnel racers in the country. And it is the ONLY tunnel only race held each year.

I think you mean the "Junkers"?

...Rick Glover

Don Gilbert

Mark Scott

How about new guys?

Michael Luszcz?

Jimmy Duncan and crew?

No international challengers?

Think you got driving skills? Think you got a fast boat?....dare I say, think you have both?

Bring em on down and see how you stack up.

...Rick Glover

Don Gilbert

Mark Scott

How about new guys?

Michael Luszcz?

Jimmy Duncan and crew?

Think you got driving skills? Think you got a fast boat?....dare I say, think you have both?

Junkers for sure. A lot of guys, new and old racers from the past, are indeed missing. Get them in guys! We did well enough with the pace of the race that we ran 5 rounds, finishing up racing by 1 on Sunday and would like to do the same this year.

...Rick Glover

Don Gilbert

Mark Scott

How about new guys?

Michael Luszcz?

Jimmy Duncan and crew?

Gabe i do believe bermuda is considered international lol

Back