2012 World Tunnel Championship results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the congrats fellows. I don't get it right real often but always give it my all. I ran 65 heats in all 13 classes and placed in five of them, did not hold up a heat more than anyone else, and took two 1st places (Gas and Q Tunnel) and three 3rds (P Tunnel, Mod VP and Open Tunnel). I would have done better in P if I had not installed an uncharged set of batteries (one mistake in 65 heats) and better in Open if Rick Glover had not involuntarily modified my 40 inch WOF. Wudda-shudda-coudda right. I want to thank all that made the race possible and it was a class act. The CMB club did a great job and even sent a scuba-diver down to retrive my 20 Vision that sank on heat 3 of round one. Guess I shook that off pretty well. For equipment, control was by Airtronics M11, my P Tunnel was a box stock Pro Boat Stilletto! My FE Q tunnel was a Van Houtten designed Hornet with a Neu motor on a Fred Howe Lawless, Gas boat an M&L 480 with an Ellison Racing Concepts cowl, a modified (by me) YoungZ Inigma Lower unit by Dominic Young of South Africa (I used the same flex shaft the entire race and at least 20 full runs prior), Servo City steering servo, and my engine was a CC 26 Beast. Prop was special made Prather by Dick Tyndle. Thanks to Baxter Walton who contributed no-fee machining services, very critical to the gas boat's success. Thanks to all of those suppliers/mfgs. I appologize to Tony Atwell for hitting his dead Gas Tunnel in the 1st heat, but suggest you replace that camo paint scheme, it blends right in with the sparkle pattern on the water dude! I got hit twice this race so I know how he felt. The M&L 480 hull is pretty strong, it survived that hit, two others in heat 4, and a mauling by Ron Shaw in heat 5! Tunnel Heaven for 3 days, only once a year and I loved it. Here are some pictures of the fleet and my big smile. The "Fashion Statement" was due to the heat, lol. James Beasley, TN native, VA based military, tunnel addict.

2012 WTC Pics 015.jpg

2012 WTC Pics 010.jpg

2012 WTC Pics 008.jpg

2012 WTC Pics 001.jpg

2012 WTC Pics 013.jpg

2012 WTC Pics 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the congrats fellows. I don't get it right real often but always give it my all. I ran 65 heats in all 13 classes and placed in five of them, did not hold up a heat more than anyone else, and took two 1st places (Gas and Q Tunnel) and three 3rds (P Tunnel, Mod VP and Open Tunnel). I would have done better in P if I had not installed an uncharged set of batteries (one mistake in 65 heats) and better in Open if Rick Glover had not involuntarily modified my 40 inch WOF. Wudda-shudda-coudda right. I want to thank all that made the race possible and it was a class act. The CMB club did a great job and even sent a scuba-diver down to retrive my 20 Vision that sank on heat 3 of round one. Guess I shook that off pretty well. For equipment, control was by Airtronics M11, my P Tunnel was a box stock Pro Boat Stilletto! My FE Q tunnel was a Van Houtten designed Hornet with a Neu motor on a Fred Howe Lawless, Gas boat an M&L 480 with an Ellison Racing Concepts cowl, a modified (by me) YoungZ Inigma Lower unit by Dominic Young of South Africa (I used the same flex shaft the entire race and at least 20 full runs prior), Servo City steering servo, and my engine was a CC 26 Beast. Prop was special made Prather by Dick Tyndle. Thanks to Baxter Walton who contributed no-fee machining services, very critical to the gas boat's success. Thanks to all of those suppliers/mfgs. I appologize to Tony Atwell for hitting his dead Gas Tunnel in the 1st heat, but suggest you replace that camo paint scheme, it blends right in with the sparkle pattern on the water dude! I got hit twice this race so I know how he felt. The M&L 480 hull is pretty strong, it survived that hit, two others in heat 4, and a mauling by Ron Shaw in heat 5! Tunnel Heaven for 3 days, only once a year and I loved it. Here are some pictures of the fleet and my big smile. The "Fashion Statement" was due to the heat, lol. James Beasley, TN native, VA based military, tunnel addict.
Who was the unknown scuba diver, hope you bought him dinner. Usually cost $200 just to suit up and dive with no guarantees. ;)

James was running around all weekend like the Energizer bunny. Unreal the challenge he took on and came through it quite well. Pitting his boats right next to the starting pits helped immensely.

Anthony was the diver. He snagged a boat, a cowl and a pipe from Davy Jones Locker. Different locations in the lake and all in 20 minutes. He was down 2 weeks ago looking for a prop for Josh's 40 rigger. No luck on that one. He is getting to know that lake bottom well now.

Yes I did offer to pay and was told no. Seems there was some other arrangement, I made sure to express my sincere thanks. I paid for two divers many moons ago when another of my boats hit a bouy and split the deck from the bottom. I know the cost well. They did not find that boat, the water was too murky.

Yes I did offer to pay and was told no. Seems there was some other arrangement, I made sure to express my sincere thanks. I paid for two divers many moons ago when another of my boats hit a bouy and split the deck from the bottom. I know the cost well. They did not find that boat, the water was too murky.
Great too hear the club has a trained diver, you have new nickname" Energizer Bunny" B)

Pretty work James! You ran 13 classes?? Thats insane brother.

KP

had a great time pittingf for you and cant wait for fall nats and i would love to pit for u again
We are all glad to have you in the Tunnel Family John, you did a great job and impressed me with your cool head and your ability to learn quickly. Thanks for your help and pit assistance, you helped make it possible for me to win. I will return the favor this Fall. James Beasley

Back