Penrith 3.5 tunnel race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if thease guys ship worldwide?

http://www.acp-composites.com/acp-cat.htm

I had to order from them. There is no reason for the home depot & lowes in louisiana to carry anything over 1/2" foam ins.

When I asked thease guys to try to order it for me their reply was "no such product!!!"

CJM

The stuff you are looking for is called extruded polystyrene foam - usually blue/pink or grey depending on who makes it. You can get it at all larger insulation retailers as its used to line concrete construction and under floors/walls. $50 gets you a big sheet of 50mm thick. (2400X900).

Polystyrene (beaded type foam) is lighter but no where near as strong and much harder to work with. You can sand the other stuff and it with a sharp blade or bandsaw.

GT

Hi all.

I havent been on here for a while! been so busy.

With the controlled practice thing, im all for it. When those gas monos are going, you can barely complete 1 lap without flipping! :angry:

Ill help out in any way i can, so long as i can run my boat as well. Just show me what to do, and i am happy to do it. After all, its not fair that all the work gets left to one person.

andrew_v said:
Hi all.

With the controlled practice thing, im all for it. When those gas monos are going, you can barely complete 1 lap without flipping! :angry:

Ill help out in any way i can, so long as i can run my boat as well. Just show me what to do, and i am happy to do it. After all, its not fair that all the work gets left to one person.

89430[/snapback]

I have been talking to Grimracer today and he is sending me over his own Villan S1 to race for a one off meeting them we will be shipping it back to the US For all you guys running Villans it will be a great chance to look at the Masters own boat

andrew_v said:
Hi all.

89430[/snapback]

I have been talking to Grimracer today and he is sending me over his own Villan S1 to race for a one off meeting them we will be shipping it back to the US For all you guys running Villans it will be a great chance to look at the Masters own boat

Hey Paul

How goods this,thanks to Paul and Grim in advance,Paul make sure you can give us all plenty of notice so we can all make that meeting.

Guys not that long ago i went to Penrith with a 7.5 I built and no one there but me and my Tunnel,now theres about 5 of us with 3.5s the Villian Master is sending his boat over from the states and Tim the revival is well under way,

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Up the Tunnels!

how strong is this post going! This post will make ten pages soon, and i think it is great. Keep up the good work fellas.

Paul, Thats excellent news. Seeing that boat will inspire us all, and provide us all with some valuable knowledge. Top job.

PAUL STIRTON said:
andrew_v said:
Hi all.

89430[/snapback]

89757[/snapback]

hay Paul how are you going to drive that thing ? I know I have to have Mike pit for me to smack me in the back of the head to slow it down so I don't blow it over.( :D :D :D ) mickey

Like everyone's already said - HOW GOOD'S THIS !!!!!!!! Thanks a heap Mike and Paul, looking very much forward to that.

I hope it's not like the MONA LISA in the Louvre where you can't take photos of it LOL :D :D :D

Yeah Andrew, this post is going very strong - great to see

Gino :)

Grub said:
:ph34r:
89999[/snapback]

I know that boat! Gadjet Craft F1-11, OS engine with Carbon pipe. John Ramsay's old boat.

Bring it down Grub! Don't forget to take that red cover off the carb before you put it in the water though! It will go better! :lol:

Tim_Duggan said:
Grub said:
89999[/snapback]

I know that boat! Gadjet Craft F1-11, OS engine with Carbon pipe. John Ramsay's old boat.

Bring it down Grub! Don't forget to take that red cover off the carb before you put it in the water though! It will go better! :lol:

90008[/snapback]

AHHH the tunnel revival "It's ALL GOOD MATE!!" :p

poolschool said:
Tim_Duggan said:
Grub said:
89999[/snapback]

90008[/snapback]

AHHH the tunnel revival "It's ALL GOOD MATE!!" :p

90009[/snapback]

Im sure that Mike will have no objections to any one taking photos of his boat as he is sending it over to help promote yunnel racing in this country. The boat will probally leave the states on monday and should be here in about 1 week. Please make post on this topic if you guys want to see this boat I have seen it run in the states and the information we can all gain from this will be invaluable. Iwould like to thank Mike for looking after the Australian people this way.

Hey Paul,

I'm sure Props-4-U could supply some propellers over there also.

It seems like I am shipping over their every couple of weeks anyways.

Mike's Signature Series Propeller really works well on most tunnel hulls.

Paul, you know when you drive a tunnel you're suppose to lift off the throttle

when your entering the turn right? I would like to see this happen. :lol:

Good Luck Racing,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

I'm actually testing Mike's Signature Series Propeller on my Villain this weekend - wouldn't mind the chance to test some of yours as well - now that would be great.

Thanks Grim/Mark/Paul for these opportunities.

Like Paul said - great for us Aussies and the Aussie tunnel revival.

Gino :D

shoboat said:
Hey Paul,

Good Luck Racing,

Mark Sholund

90019[/snapback]

Mark let me see if I have this right , the throttle is the trigger on the transmitter right not used to throttling back on the twin.

shoboat said:
Hey Paul,

Good Luck Racing,

Mark Sholund

90019[/snapback]

LOL.. I was getting ready to e-mail Paul on this very idea.. Mark beat me to it... FUNNY AS HEII.....

The boat is boxed and ready for battle..

Paul.. YOU HAVE TO LIFT A TAD JUST BEFORE YOU TURN...LOL..... this is going to be fun... take the time to make a few runs before the race.. Run the CRAP out of it... DONT TAKE YOUR EYES off the boat near the end of the straights.. NOT KIDDING.. LOL....

ROCK ON.

Mark im working very hard on the last details of the Grimracer signature props..

THIS IS GOING TO ROCK!

Take all the pics you like.. this boat has one many many races and has both dist. and International wins under its belt..... i have let others drive the boat and they all blow it off so i guess i run them loose.. no worrys however as it has a throttle and when used works quite well... hehehehhee

DID I SAY THIS WAS GOING TO BE FUN.... O YEA

Mike

Grimracer said:
  this boat has one many many races and has both dist. and International wins under its belt.....
90040[/snapback]

It will truly be international after this excercise! Both Hemisphere's even! Hope Paul can handle the pressure to perform! hehehehe....

Makes this ex - tunnel racer proud reading this thread! B) B) B)

Tim.

Latest posts

Back