Penrith 3.5 tunnel race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Andrew, But how is the poor driver going to see without a windscreen? :lol: :lol: My best GPS effort with a 21 O/B was 82kph.

One time I had it in there and it moved turned off the rx switch! luckily it was doing a slow, tight turn at the time!

Newbie Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim_Duggan said:
Who's going out there on the 27th?Newbie Tim.

86761[/snapback]

Me!!!! I wouldn't miss it!

Tim do you know what causes "bobbing" of the boat when it reaches top speed. Can it be something to do with the height of the prop, or shortness of the boat and to much pitch on the prop? What do you think?

Hay Andrew. Good work mate! Not to bad for a hotshot ABS. :p :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll need to try it out on mine someday.

TTYL

Chris

Tim_Duggan said:

86761[/snapback]

Me too! I wouldnt miss it either. :D :D :D :D I might (hopefully) be getting a WOF 29" hull on sat. Waiting to hear from GTR. I have another Engine on its way from the states. Ill only be racing my hotshot on sunday though. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

I will be selling the hotshot shortly with a stock 3.5 if anyone is keen.

Chris: Do you wanna ring Gino and find out if he is going, and maybe we can organise to take 1 car between the three of us? Just a thought. Hows your WOF going? any further progress?

Tim D, The windscreen is in the process. Still deciding, Black, blue or silver? maybe gunmetal?

I was just out playing football....... I'm stuffed!

The WOF looks at this stage that I'll not be able to run it at the Titles. I'm too slow at....... well evrything. :(

The place where I had a copy made, some how made it at 95%. That stuffed me up but I'll cut out the sponsons L8R tonight. I've got all the 1/32 pecies cut out. That's it. And the radio box.

TTYL

Chris

Hey Andrew, the boat looks great - good job <_<

I won't be there on the 27th but am good to go for the 6th

Chris, the 1440 prop arrived today from Grim. If you want to use it this Sunday, I suggest you come and pick it up as it will need sharpening and balancing before use.

Gino

poolschool said:
Hey Andrew, the boat looks great - good job <_<
I won't be there on the 27th but am good to go for the 6th

Chris, the 1440 prop arrived today from Grim. If you want to use it this Sunday, I suggest you come and pick it up as it will need sharpening and balancing before use.

Gino

86786[/snapback]

NO worries Gino. I thought that the prop was S/b from grim. Not to worry I'll pick up sometime but with all this building, I don't know when I'll have time do finish it off.

Cheers

Chris

Hi All.

I just got my hotshot back from the paint shop today. I said just paint it a bright color I don’t care. I saw a red bmw in the shop ready to get painted. I thought that it was going to be that red. It turned up today looking a million dollars….. Well not quite but still good. They painted it a red base with an orange pearl and a metallic mixed in. Out of all the colors they could have painted it they managed to paint it almost the exact color of Andrews. The reason that I painted it was to have a different so that others could tell them apart. Not to worry it still looks fantastic.

See you all who are coming on Sunday.

Chris

have a look:Hotshot Hull

cjm102 said:
Tim_Duggan said:

86761[/snapback]

Tim do you know what causes "bobbing" of the boat when it reaches top speed. Can it be something to do with the height of the prop, or shortness of the boat and to much pitch on the prop? What do you think?

86776[/snapback]

Most likely motor too high, or the CG is wrong. If the prop won't unload with the motor lower, try back cutting it.....

Tim.

Hi Guys

Good to see this post is still going strong,

Letting you know i wont be there tomorrow 27th

Drove back from QLD today big drive,day at home tomorrow few jobs need doing here after being gone 9 days

Ill be there the 6th

Boats look good painted well done.

Greg

Hey Chris good pics, wish i was there ;-)

too bad your ute is Holden ;-)

Kris Flynn said:
Hey Chris good pics, wish i was there ;-)
too bad your ute is Holden ;-)

87508[/snapback]

Are you a "blue oval" man Kris?

Might have to bring mine to the State titles....

Bring your WHAT Tim? :D

I only dream of having a really nice car...although i am slowly making it that way, but my damm boats and things on the car keep breaking and taking money ;-)

GO THE STONE BROTHERS!!!!!

I'm not a big Holden fan nor a big ford fan. But I wouldn't own another ford after owning my old XF wagon. My ute is a "Limited Edition" too. Only 600 made over 98-99. The first of the SS Ute’s. I only purchased it to put my motoX bike in the back..... I haven’t had time to put it back together (Boats). I've had it for 12 months :( . If I could own anything it would be an Audi RS6/RS4. The 2 fastest cars that I've ever driven. :D But I don't have $200,000.

I put some more photos up last night.

Hey Chris,

Definetely a good car choice. But the thing overhere is cops. On the water where I drive the boats, there is a speed limit of 6km/h-that is around 4 mph- for the big boats. My tunnels hopefully will hit the 50+ mph and no speeding ticket. ( No ticket for owning endangered animals like the Lynx either)

How about that.

Ronald-aka Moron

gmorty said:
Hi Guys
Who went up on the 27th and how did it all go?

Good day?

Cheers

Greg

87661[/snapback]

Hi Greg..... and others.

Andrew, Mark and me. It was a very close race with me and Andrew. Mark had a little problim where he ran aground with the engine still running(no fail safe) and turned his lovely blue head to black. :eek: He had problims all day long after that.

TTYL

Chris

Hey Tim, sounds good buddy, bring it along and maybe show us what it can do! LOL

STOP HAVING FUN WITHOUT ME!!

Latest posts

Back