Penrith 3.5 tunnel race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now i hope Tim had a good word to you fellas!!!

I want a turn up like this at the NSW state titels and hopefully the Nationals aswell!!!

I will make my way up, ifyou guys will also???

Dont make me beg...LOL

BTW i recognise two of those tunnels ;-) well one has more duct tape on it than i remember.

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Ill go to the NSW titles but I don't know who else will be going. I would love to see you there!

Those dam boys are like magnets!

Tim's grate! He gives us all the help he can.

Chris

Good show Guys, infact Great show guys. I am sorry that I could not stay lomger this morning.

So who took all the money home?

Regards

Mark

Nice pics Chris they came out good mate.

Thanks again to Tim for his help much appreciated.

Mark you missed a good day ,It was a shame you couldnt stay but nice to meet you,

Kris little bit of tape on a few but in my case lets just say the bouy kept moving on turn six as i was negotiating the turn :( Hope Gary doesnt see these pics but its not that bad Gary.

Gary the boat ran real well thanks just need to do a bit more work on my driving.

Kris Tim was working on us for the titles but im not sure yet what im doing as its the Easter weekend and i may be away but ill let You all know if im coming along.

Hi all. Thanks to everyone. I had a great time. Gino, if you read this, i have your ruler. Will get it back to you ASAP. I wont promise anyone i will be at the nationals or state titles, but i will promise you i badly want to be there. Gotta go anyway, its 12:50 am mon morn, and i gotta work today. Catch you all later.

Nice Lookin' Pond! What you Guy's Call a "Pond"?? Hey, I heard there weren't any

"Tunnels" in OZ. Good Show Guy's , Thanks For the Pics :)

Glad you guys had fun - thats what it's all about. I really enjoyed seeing you guys running - especially the look on Gino's face after a well fought heat win - that was priceless!

It looks like the 21 O/B tunnel class is in for a revival in Oz! I know of 2 other people there yesterday who are really interested in racing this class! 1 of which is going to try and have a boat ready for the NSW titles.

I had a talk with Wild Bill - he's the race secretary for the NSW titles and he will run the class if there are a minimum of 3 entered. B)

Mike Z - you'd be a proud Daddy - the 2 Villains were doing great! Once they get the right props on them they should really shine at this pond! They sure don't like any negative on the shaft angle - thats for sure!

Jerry,

Our new pond is perfect for running tunnels in. B)

Tim.

Tim

Dang.. i wich i could be racing my tunnel.. to darn cold outside..

I think.. o yea..im sure that more tunnels are going to be heading your way... i just shipped some..hehehhe

As for the props.. make sure you run the motor high enough.. to low and the boat can stuff..

Have fun and your right.. its always good to here of the fun and new groth that you guys are having.. makes all us yanks happy.

ROCK ON

Mike

Mike,

Yes - Paul S. had a Villain and Nemesis kit there yesterday and he said he had more in stock.

Could you give me a little info to set these guys up properly? They have your 1440's on order I believe, can you give me a suggested boat weight, CG point, prop depth and angle for the Villain / K&B SS combo with the 1440? As you can imagine - I'm trying to help out 3 or 4 new guys all at once while trying to race my own boats which isn't easy!! Any baseline you can give me would make it a lot easier!!

Thanks MATE B)

Tim.

Greg's 45 O/B

Guys glad you had a good day water looked great in the pics.

Greg - it's your boat and you can run it in to as many bouys as you like - mind you it's a slow way around the course.

TimD - would you consider another tunnel?

If any of you know of newbies who want to have a crack at 21 tunnel put them in touch with me as I think I'm down to about 8 now. lol

If I wasn't so busy I would love to come and race with you all as I have a couple of really good tunnels kicking around the garage and one or two OBs ;)

Tunnels! - Tunnels! - Tunnels!

What else is there?

GTR said:

85357[/snapback]

Gary,

I'd love to, but there are 4 reasons why I'm not doing it.

1. These guys are new to racing and I'd prefer to help them to get them on the right track so to speak.

2. They will have more fun if I don't race against them.

3. I have too many boats as it is, and I'm addicted to riggers.

4. I have no money :(

Maybe one of the guys will let me drive one in a race one day. :)

Tim.

TimD

I know you're addicted to riggers these days, and I agree all the new guys will get more enjoyment from racing each other (along with your valuable assistance). They won't always be new though. The money thing I can understand and I always forget you have 3 women in the household now. :eek: You may never be able to shop for boy toys again. :lol:

Hey Amigos,

what a GREAT DAY!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks to ALL you guys for a fun and enjoyable day - what it's all about.

Thanks Tim for all your help (and the 440). It's much appreciated - especially whilst trying to run your own boats.

Thanks also to the other members of the MBCNSW (sorry I don't know the names) who helped us out in the pits - for without them that's where we would be.

I can't believe how there can be so many unselfish people in the one hobby/sport. It's invaluable to newcomers and all-in-all adds to an enjoyable day.

Tim, I didn't realise that I smiled mate - well at least that's what the missus tells me! - See what Tunnel boating can do. ;)

Kris and Gary, make your way to the State titles, I'm in !!!!!! So that should be a minimum of 4 starters and if Greg and Andrew make it - which I hope they do that will be 6 - unheard of!!!! ;)

GTR said:
Guys glad you had a good day water looked great in the pics.
Greg - it's your boat and you can run it in to as many bouys as you like - mind you it's a slow way around the course.

If any of you know of newbies who want to have a crack at 21 tunnel put them in touch with me as I think I'm down to about 8 now. lol

If I wasn't so busy I would love to come and race with you all as I have a couple of really good tunnels kicking around the garage and one or two OBs ;)

What else is there?

85357[/snapback]

Im listening...........................

Just curious,

have you a villan or something longer than a hotshot you want rid of? I made my stock K&B 3.5 into an ss, and I ran it on sunday at Penrith on a hotshot abs. I couldnt even give it full throttle without flipping it. Ive tried heaps of different things with it, but i am convinced a longer boat would be far better. If you want to contact me, "[email protected]" is the go, or you can put another post up. Cheers and:-

Thats all there is! B) B) B)

Back