Dragon SAW Tunnel info

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Since I was around 12, I searched the internet for HOURS looking at photos of Tommy Lees boats, Mike Z’s Villain, Paul from the Netherlands builds (to name a few). I always like designing my own tunnels and recently I released the FREE plans for my 2006 29” Dragon design I raced at the 2007 WTC in Charleston with limited success (I came 3rd in Offshore!
default_smile.png
)

Today I am sharing some photos of my latest 4S straight line creation which is showing some REALLY good numbers (as you can see below). I hope by sharing these photos it can get some creative juices flowing. The Center section is the standard design used on my M11 heat racing boat.

My 4yo daughter did a great job of the video I think
default_smile.png

https://youtu.be/FUWFJc0fxUw

20160328_185039.jpg

Eagletree GPS Datalogger results of the 2 runs in the above video...motor was not unloading fully as I was only at full throttle for 1 second or so.

20160326_231545.jpg

This photo shows ALOT of what i have going on with this boat. I hope it inspires people to get involved and design THEIR OWN stuff and think for THEMSELVES...now, lets get these tunnel records up and over 130kph (80mph) where they belong!

20160326_234427.jpg

Here you can see these sponsons are 10mm skinnier than my M11 heat racing design

20160327_180821.jpg

I have not been using a cowl on my current speed runs and it seems to work well without!

Kris,

I'm new to boats, and I've never seen that outboard unit. What is it? What mount as well?

Regards,

Bob Horowitz

Kris...excellent looking boat, excellent looking runs! Good luck man. I hope to see you get that 80mph mark! Or at least 79 mph, so a Dragon, ML Boatworks/ PTI, and Aftershock Shockwave will be the only tunnels to go that fast! haha

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha yep...between us we have 2/3rds of the fastest tunnels going around EVER.

BUT you have the official HIGHEST SAW record mate...too bad it was ONLY with FE power
default_wink.png

Looking good Kris.

Must have been cold when you were taking those photos... socks and sandals WOW hahaha

Thanks for the kind words Kris. Boating is a bit low as playing a dad takes a lot of time and my interest has shifted a bit from tunnels to outriggers also. I still have a 21 and 45 tunnel ready to go.

Good luck breaking the 80 mph barrier! Now I'll follow you closely.
default_smile.png

Thanks for the kind words Kris. Boating is a bit low as playing a dad takes a lot of time and my interest has shifted a bit from tunnels to outriggers also. I still have a 21 and 45 tunnel ready to go.

Good luck breaking the 80 mph barrier! Now I'll follow you closely.
default_smile.png
No worries Paul, I always give credit where it is due. Your website had a large influence in my early days or designing
default_smile.png

Looks over 80 to me, nice and smooth, watch that line though
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Yep, bank came up fast! It is very hard to hold a phone (Galaxy S7) and a 4PKS radio all at once haha. I normally like to go further left at far end and swing around, but I got excited on this one
default_smile.png

Yeah...but riggers are easy haha

It takes skill to multitask with any of them thats for sure
default_wink.png

Back