Penrith 3.5 tunnel race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gino

Well said mate and i think we all agree with those words,

Thanks to Tim and all those that helped us on the day,

Thankyou..

Tim if us newbies can help you in the Pits or lap counting etc mate where there to help you if we can.

Thanks for posting my 45 tunnel pic its the only one ive got cheers.

Guys what are you planing for the Tittles?being there everyday? Tim can we attend 1 day or do we have to make them all to Qualify etc?

whats the usual routine.

I may be able to work a day there or something maybe we can see if we can get all us there for at least 1 day?I know thats hard for you Kris but if your coming up maybe we can pic a day out of them all to get us all there.

greg

Hi All

I'm filling in the entry form now. The Mrs said ok :D . I'll be there the whole time. I wouldn't miss it! I hope that Andrew can make it to.

I've got some more photos with some fantastic ones of me and Gino. I need to setup a gallery but I don't know how. :(

Kris: what eng are you running???? I know that you are running a Villain. Just so that I know how much I need to mod to keep up. :D

Cheers

Chris

TimD said:
Mike,Yes - Paul S. had a Villain and Nemesis kit there yesterday and he said he had more in stock.

Could you give me a little info to set these guys up properly? They have your 1440's on order I believe, can you give me a suggested boat weight, CG point, prop depth and angle for the Villain / K&B SS combo with the 1440? As you can imagine - I'm trying to help out 3 or 4 new guys all at once while trying to race my own boats which isn't easy!! Any baseline you can give me would make it a lot easier!!

Thanks MATE B)

Tim.

Greg's 45 O/B

85353[/snapback]

Tim,

Here is my setup.

Villain S1

K+B SS motor (this will change this summer)

3lbs 14oz RTR

CG@33% (the plans call for 27...go to 31 or 33)

CL or prop .150" above sponson bottoms

1440 prop back cut 17deg cuped to 3.3 (PSRP #146)

.5deg negiatave trim

I like to run my boats a little loose.. for me the best setup seems to be that the boat just starts to get light at the end of the staight. I always lift as i enter the corner.

Let me know if i can help more..

Im shipping more stuff to paul tomarrow so remember mates you need to contact Paul S to get Power Surge Racing Products in the land of OZ.

ROCK ON.

Grim

Cool Pics Guys,

DANGER "WIL ROBINSON"

I herd there is a CAT with "TEETH" coming to the land down under. :eek: :eek:

:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Z,

Thanks dude, You Da Man!!!!

Greg and Gino - set your boats up as per Grimracers instructions!!!

Tim F. - Yeah - I can't wait to see the Lynx in person so to speak! I hope for the sake of the class revival here that it's not too dominant!

Chris - you can send the pic's to me and I can photoshop / put them on my gallery. Do you have my work email addy?

Gary - yeah - I have to be sneaky now with any new boat stuff!!!!!! She would notice an outboard in the fleet!

Andrew - I have a set of plans for the WOF28/30 you can borrow if you are interested. Alternatively there is the Villain or Nemesis kits or if you would prefer a 'glass hull there is an Aussie made hull that is very good called a gadjetcraft F1-11. (27inch hull). The US made hulls are great too but not readily available in Oz.

GTR has a fair collection in the ACT - you could PM him and see what he has handy.

The racing format for the state titles works like this;

Friday is a practice day - not "compulsory" - you don't have to be there if you want, but it is handy if you are serious.

Saturday and Sunday. Racing will start after the driver's meeting - no practice before hand as there is a nominated practice day. We will be using System A for scoring which is what we use at club days - points for place. At the end of the rounds of racing - probably 5 or 6 rounds over 2 days, your total score is added up from all the rounds and the places are worked out by highest scores. If you decide to skip a day for whatever reason, you don't get points for the races you missed on that day.

TimD said:
GTR said:
TimD - would you consider another tunnel?

85357[/snapback]

Gary,

I'd love to, but there are 4 reasons why I'm not doing it.

1. These guys are new to racing and I'd prefer to help them to get them on the right track so to speak.

2. They will have more fun if I don't race against them.

3. I have too many boats as it is, and I'm addicted to riggers.

4. I have no money :(

Maybe one of the guys will let me drive one in a race one day. :)

Tim.

85363[/snapback]

What can I say yall have some of the hottest women and yall love tunnel racing. Yall are alright. Dam americans are all going to gas!!! Anybody is looking to adopt a Louisiana boy. :) :)

First, Tim, on the practice day can we run anything (ie an FE Tunnel of mine?)

Second, i will arrive thursday evening (plan so far anyway) and leave monday

Third, Chris I am running a W/C K&B ;-)

With 5-6 rounds

over two days, we should have some sweet race time :) :D

Well with Gino and Chris filling out forms, me about to send mine...its looks like a go!!!! sweeeet

Kris

Hi All

Nice Gallery Chris looking good go the Tunnels,

Guys Just a Quick update im about a 80% chance being there Titles time,

The wife and kids said they may even come 1 day so its looking good.

Whats the cut off date for entries.

Cheers

Greg

Greg,

The deadline for the titles is the 25th feb. You have to send a cheque/money order to :-

Race Secretary: Mr. Graham Annabel

11 Valleyfield Court, Wattle Grove. N.S.W. 2172

Cheque/money orders to be made to "The Model Boat Club of NSW Inc."

If you dont have a copy of the entry form, let me know and ill forward it to you.

Chris,

good pictures mate. Compliments on a top job. Ill be in touch with you soon about sunday

Everyone,

I will be going to the state titles. I will be there on the sat and sunday, but not the friday. This came at a price i might ad. Me and the msrs had a big fight over it, but i won. Im not sure if i will be running a hotshot or a villan. Hopefully a villan. Either way, i look forward to it all.

Tim D,

Could you please send me an Email address or a contact number for GTR.

Cheers, Andrew V ([email protected]) B) B) B)

gmorty said:
Hi AllNice Gallery Chris looking good go the Tunnels,

Guys Just a Quick update  im about a 80% chance being there Titles time,

The wife and kids said they may even come 1 day so its looking good.

Whats the cut off date for entries.

Cheers

Greg

85583[/snapback]

25th Feb. No Exceptions!

I'm trying to get my dad to come up one time.... He is a photographer. We should get some fantastic photos then. :) :huh:

Tim D, disregard my last msg to you. I worked out how to contact GTR and i have. Thanks.

Andrew V

Kris Flynn said:
First, Tim, on the practice day can we run anything (ie an FE Tunnel of mine?)
Second, i will arrive thursday evening (plan so far anyway) and leave monday
Kris,

Shouldn't be a problem. Just stick to the rules (frequency key, stay on the course properly etc.)

Are you driving up?

Tim.

Speaking of the rules......

Here is the rule book!

You "newbies" :p might want to have a read of it, particularly the scoring and driver infractions. That way you won't be too surprised with the way things happen at an event like this. We tend to be a little forgiving on some things at a club day but this isn't going to happen at an event like the State champs. (especially if Grub is the CD :lol: :lol: :lol: J/K Grub! I'm always available for bribes when I CD :lol: ) Also a good idea to have a good read of the front page of the entry form, as there are rules specific to the event listed on it too.

And most important - don't forget it's all about having fun.

Tim.

Rules are one thing but when you are dead in the water you cannot break any more rules. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Easiest thing to remember guys is to have fun, keep running, stay in your lane, keep your distance from everyone else (3 boat lengths) and don't cut buoys. Then no one has a problem, except...................................

....................... when you cut a few buoys and get minus points :p :p :p

Grub - Talk to the hand, it can listen all day!

Tim: You have PM.

Andrew and I would like to build the WOF 28 for the NSW state titles.

We will see what happens. :D :D :D :D :D :D

TTYL

Chris

Ps: dose any one have some photos or a link for the WOF28/30?

Grub,

I believe your Dad has the "Pepsi" F1-11 with the OS outboard that used to belong to John Ramsay.... Is he going to bring it out for the NSW titles by any chance? That is a nice boat. Should do well.

Tim the troublemaker :p

Hi All

Just a Short note to let you all no my entry has gone in for the Titles.

Guys have fun the 27th sorry i cant make it im going to be very busy this week coming,

ive got some Gold Coast sites to visit maybe a little swimming on those Qld beachs,a few cold beers its going to be tough.Ill be there on the 6th March so hope to see everyone there then.

I wont get to visit the ITW site much this week but will still check my emails guys so have fun and have a good next meet.

Cheers

Greg

Latest posts

Back