Do you have a hobby other than boats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool ride- I take it Joe / big Chuck and Ralphie are gonna tune it for ya ;)
No I actually have a friend that owns a racing shop in Florida and that's where it's going to be tuned.then it will go to the race track for final adjustments.

But team roadrunner are official crew and team members of my race car ;-)

julian & charles, just come to my house. i can't set ya up for 1,000 but 500 is available. gun season starts saturday, all sighted in with my savage 110/7mm rem mag. next year, hagerstown, fort richie or capitol race, take an extra day & bring the firearms!!!

I enjoy racing vintage mx bikes. Some of the brands are Maico, Ossa ,Penton, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda. Have a few road bikes V65 Magna, ZX11, GT 750 Triple, XS 650, BSA 650.

Also a couple Harleys. Enjoy them all.

My dad started teaching me to build and fly control line planes when I was 10 or so. 50+yrs later, I still like doing it sometimes. I helped a friend build a cl plane this spring and entered a CL aerobatics (stunt) contest this fall. First contest I've flown in a contest since 99". Also fly RC planes and enjoy fishing in between all that and boats.

My other hobby. Nothing breaks a bad mood like sending a few 5.56 rounds down range. :D
my favorite gun is my old browning A5 shotgun, don. older than me :eek: , & the choke (full) is still tighter than browning's published min. specs. believe me, it's NOT from lack of use.....assault style rifles just don't excite me, if 5 rounds of 12 ga. 00 buckshot don't do it .........

Rifle season here in MI opens this Friday. Can't wait. Are these hobbies, sports, or obsessions?!?! Remington model 700 in win 270 is my choice for whitetail in the mitten state. The 30-06 my wife shoots is a good one too, another mod 700 s.steel, composite stock tack driver. Then onto the snowmobiles for winter.

My other hobby. Nothing breaks a bad mood like sending a few 5.56 rounds down range. :D
my favorite gun is my old browning A5 shotgun, don. older than me :eek: , & the choke (full) is still tighter than browning's published min. specs. believe me, it's NOT from lack of use.....assault style rifles just don't excite me, if 5 rounds of 12 ga. 00 buckshot don't do it .........
Yeah but I can drop someone with one shot before they ever get close enough to use a shotgun, not to mention there's something about a 5.56 round leaving the barrel @ 3300 feet per second....... :D

And even if anyone does get close enough to be a physical threat my .45 Glock with the hollow points will do the trick. B)

Might have to take you up on the coming up one day early to do some shootin', just the percussion from a 62 grain 5.56 gets the blood pumpin'. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but I can drop someone with one shot before they ever get close enough to use a shotgun, not to mention there's something about a 5.56 round leaving the barrel @ 3300 feet per second....... :D

And even if anyone does get close enough to be a physical threat my .45 Glock with the hollow points will do the trick. B)

Might have to take you up on the coming up one day early to do some shootin', just the percussion from a 62 grain 5.56 gets the blood pumpin'. :p
not a problem don, i've got some 130 gr. handloads for the 7 that step out at around 3200 fps. i can shoot an intruder out by the mailbox, around 1/4 mile down the driveway :ph34r: . the savage 110 chambered in 7mm rem mag is a tack driver, the 3x9x50 mm scope helps......lmk if you want to shoot, i'd enjoy a day of punchin' holes.

Get real Don , Many ranges rent chronographs. I doubt you could push a 62 grain pill over 2900 fps.

Somebody say .45's........

I've collected a Springfield Armory and Para Expert.

Me like big boom B)

Gene

Get real Don , Many ranges rent chronographs. I doubt you could push a 62 grain pill over 2900 fps.
Glenn the NATO 5.56 62 grain green tip penetrators (NATO SS109 U.S. M855) are spec'd @ 3100-3300fps. I can tell you from first hand experience the M855 rounds are worlds apart from a typical 55 grain .223 or 5.56. Didn't believe it myself until I started shooting them, serious SHTF ammo. ;)

Don is rights about the NATO ammo, it will definitely do the trick. I prefer the 7.62x 51mm version so I can drop'em at 500-700 yds . A little Tannerite well placed on the perimeter helps too.

Glenn the NATO 5.56 62 grain green tip penetrators (NATO SS109 U.S. M855) are spec'd @ 3100-3300fps. I can tell you from first hand experience the M855 rounds are worlds apart from a typical 55 grain .223 or 5.56. Didn't believe it myself until I started shooting them, serious SHTF ammo. ;)
Don, the way most ammo and bullet makers SPEC. out their products is more or less thru a 26" test barrel. For every inch of barrel length under that you can expect to lose around 40 FPS/per inch. Military rifles and commercial bolt actions are different animals. The Mil.Spec. autoloaders use a 1-9 twist (to stabilize the 62 grain pills) while the commercial bolt action ,223's use a 1-12 twist(for the 50-55 grain pills). In any case- I've never had a problem putting a 5.56 or .223 round on target @ 400M :) . A very accurate and pleasant round to shoot.

I'm glad the panic buying is mostly over, 7.62x39 is back down to reasonable levels. Though I've no idea why people still seem to be gobbling up .22LR.

Glenn, 55gr stuff runs ok in my Mini-14 (1:9 twist) but now i'll give the heavier bullets a try. I'm probably the weak link with the ghost ring sights, though.

Jim around here the CCW classes are using .22lr for training and qualifing,

Guess the instructors and classes are buying them up in bulk.......

Gene

Perhaps Gene will chime in on where the .22 LR rounds are going. I did not pay much attention to the 7.62X39 till I went shooting with a few co-workers -one had mounted a really cheap scope on a AK-47. He was not happy with the 2" groups so he removed the scope and put three rounds into a one inch group@ 100 yards with the iron sights. I was pretty impressed- so I asked him to move over to my bench and shoot my heavy 26" Bbl. Remington VLS .223. The first shot was dead on and after the second shot he said- I think I missed. I told him their is no way- lets go check the target. I noticed the one hole was slightly elongated. He had put both shots into one hole.

Back