Do you have a hobby other than boats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zach, car hits the tire very hard. How much boost are you leaving on? I assume off the two step? As I dont see any reverse lights lit for a trans brake. Sorry, dont have speakers on the computer here at work.

I have a couple hobbies outside of R/C boat racing/building. One is car audio, and the other is pictured below. My daughter Addison :wub:

IMG_20120324_134928.jpg

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Needless to say I dont think she liked her peas very much this day!

IMG_20120327_185007.jpg
Now, that's a hobby worth having. All the rest is just stuff.

I have 7 gas boats, but my favorite toy is my 2012 Chevy Colorado 4X4 that I bought to tow behind my motor home. It came to me with a 5.3 litre 300 HP V8 engine. I think the 5.3 litre engine is the old 327. Then one afternoon I was watching the Speed Channel and there was an ad for a dyno shop. I called for a tune up and ended up spending close to $7,500.00. My 300 HP Chevy Colorado is now a little over 525 HP.

You really have to watch it on the freeway. If you're not careful, it will sneak up to 85 or 90 MPH on you.

Very nice Steve. It probably has the new ls1 5.3 in it. Those things make stupid power really easy. Been thinking about putting one in my 65 pick up

Rodney, that pass we left at 18lbs at 5500 on the trans brake. Probably could have gone a little quicker but I was running low tire pressure. Max boost in that pass was 24 psi. Realistically we probably could have gone 9's on the old set up as it was capable of 40 psi. It's would have been a time bomb on that set up. New set up should go 9.60's pretty easy. Looking for 8.90's but gonna have to cut quite a bit of weight.

Very cool! I have a couple buddies building notch back stangs, but they will be LSx powered nitrous cars. Should be in the 8's.

IMAG0283_zpsb79bf07a.jpg

I'm anti cross breeding but I will say that those ls based motors are beast! Hate to see em do that to a perfectly good coupe!

Bahahaha. Zach's got jokes! Ford had been behind the eightball for YEARS in the performance category. When you have Cadillac STS's of the 90's beating 5.0 Stang's of the 90's there is an issue ;) . But I will say the fox body stock suspension stuff hooks like mad. Just needs some good LSx power to get it anywhere ;)

And there is two of em'. Father and son both have blue notches that are going the same direction. All Team Z suspension stuff. Nice builds!

Someone would have to ask about other hobbies. In my case, it's the extremely time and money consuming hobby of square and round dancing. When you consider the costs of one of the wife's outfits(and she has a closet full), complete with matching shoes and fluff, the cost of fuel to go to a dance, festival or convention, lodging(be it an RV, B&B or hotel), club membership, and all the lessons it takes to learn how to dance, the costs add up quickly. In the last 20 years, for what I've spent, I could have bought a 40 foot long RV bus conversion twice over with enough boats to fill a large cargo trailer to tow behind it

Zach, how big are we talking? 4.40-4.50 in the 1/8th? I know of a few FI notches in that range that are SBC powered :) . This will clearly go no where. I'll stick with my GM. You can have that blue oval disease stuff ;) . All in good fun brother.

Hahaha! We've got a couple going 4.30's here. Kevin Fiscus is running a proline built petty tuned 700+ ci ford motor. Just set an 1/8th mile record with it I think. He's from orange park fl.

My other hobbie is building street rods I am on my 3rd one and it is taking the longest , I spend 6 months in Fl. and play with boats and go back to alabama and play with boats ans work on the Street Rod (39 Ford with a 302 stroked 5/8 and bored .030, roller cam C4 trans but looking for a 5 speed with bell housing for a 76 302 block). Will try to get the engine and trans in this summer, along with brakes wheels, tires,if the $$$ come along.

Walt Barney
WALT

We share in the same .....

Pictures included ..........

THUNDER   MAY 30 2009 004.jpg

DSC00024.JPG

MUFFLER KING ADD.jpg

MVC-007F.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

Copy of MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-022222222222S.JPG

I hit the rifle/pistol range every so often. not sure if it's often enough to call it a hobby, but it's partly because of the ammo shortages of the past year.

Here's my other hobby in which I'm going to dedicate more time to. I'm pretty much done with boating but I have always loved racing cars ;-) so here's my dragster.

I also have a Alcohol Burning 381 SBC pushing 800 plus HP with the Weiand 8-71 blower under driven for a bigger dragster (next race car)

Enjoy

Latest posts

Back