need some help picking a exhaust for my car

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy has Magnaflows on his SRT-8 and it sounds wicked!!! Actually nice and quiet untill the loud pedal is pressed......

Take it from Mopar guys TTI is the only way to go! I'm sure my dad will agree. they are super high quality and they get tunes from a small block that are awesome. I recommend the Flowmaster 40 or 50 series Muffler with the TTI Pipes. If you want to spend the cash I think they make Headers and pipes to use with a CAT (stork or performance CAT) Just my 2 cents ;)
sorry to be ignorant.

what isTTI ???
TTI makes Mopar only exhaust. Like Magnaflow it is Stainless and warrantied forever. Magnaflow is pretty good, no doubt, but I would rather buy mopar parts from mopar people and chevy parts from chevy people. www.ttiexhaust.com is the web address. Not saying flowmaster is the best muffler but my dad's 73 Charger sounds AWESOME! He has either the 40 or 50 series. Word of caution though, they produce noise canceling frequincies that will also kill the bass in your car stereo while driving. That's how they kill the standard performance muffler drone. Good luck with your decission.

Oh yah and they always install easier than factory. Like for instance you put most anyone elses headers on any A-body and it's an all day affair as the steering linkage goes thru the drivers side header. Not TTI, I have removed factory and put in TTI in about 3 hours. Oh and they don't have the linkage thru the header! Besides if it's performance you want then just look at the #'s. NO ONE MAKES MORE POWER IN A MOPAR THAN TTI......PERIOD! If you do choose TTI I STRONGLY suggest using them from block to bumper if you want your money's worth. TTI suggests Dynomax or Flowmaster mufflers according to there site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jr, looks like addition of HEADERS and a catback. There is no catback giving ANY car a 50 lb/ft torque gain. Not happening.

I don't get anythng for promoting them, I've just seen it with my own eyes in black and white. I have installed these exhausts and seen before and after dynos with my own eyes. it's not just me, every mopar mag on the planet agrees with me.

An 08' SRT8 Challenger has an average of about 348-353hp & about 360-365ftlbs of torque at the wheel stock depending on driving style, as they do have that stupid cpu that TRIES to adapt to the primary driver.

Chris

I wouldn't waste my time.Did that say Chev on it.

Dave
Like I said, Mopar parts from Mopar people, Chevy parts from Chevy people, and Ford parts from the Junk Yard :p .

Remember, Racing anything other than a Mopar is like compeating in the Special Olympics, no matter if you win or lose, your stil a retard. :lol: (no offense to any Special Olympics Participator or challenged individual, you are to be respected for your daily struggles)

Open headers. ;) Loud pipes save lives. Chris start with a good quality set of tubular exhaust headers into a pair of high flow cats with the largest diameter mandrel bent stainless pipes that can be fitted to the chassis through your choice of mufflers. Magnaflow are pretty highly regarded.

well i will look into this tti stuff.. thanks jr

don, thanks for the info on the MBRP. i have been looking at them for a while

larry,

the car already has factory headers.. they are shortys.. if i go long tubes i have to either do a o2 sensor delete. or try to find extension cables.. OR i buy aftermarket shorties but at that point why bother.. american racing headers are REALLY REALLY NICE just don't know if i want to go thru all the work to put on long tubes for the little gains.

thanks for the info guys

chris

An 08' SRT8 Challenger has an average of about 348-353hp & about 360-365ftlbs of torque at the wheel stock depending on driving style, as they do have that stupid cpu that TRIES to adapt to the primary driver.
every challenger and charger STILL has the adaptive computer stuff.. that is why you pull the number 2 fuses in them let it sit for about 30 seconds and it resets it.. like driving a different car i do it once a week

the 12's are even worse with the MDS STUFF. stupid to put a 4 cylinder mode on a 475hp car in my opinon

chris

every challenger and charger STILL has the adaptive computer stuff.. that is why you pull the number 2 fuses in them let it sit for about 30 seconds and it resets it.. like driving a different car i do it once a week

the 12's are even worse with the MDS STUFF. stupid to put a 4 cylinder mode on a 475hp car in my opinon

chris
That's so you can tell your wife your buying it for the gas mileage. :p

chris
The PCM in my '04 SRT-4 will adapt also. Drive around for awhile without getting on it a lot and it will start running sluggish. Put regular gas in it and the knock sensor will cause the PCM to dial back the timing to limp mode...Like driving a Vega then! A quart of Torco Accelerator in a tank of 93 octane with water/meth injection and I can hold race gas mode through 4th gear. I just disconnect the battery cable and step on the brake pedal to drain the caps to reset my PCM, easier than pulling fuses on my car, and doesn't effect radio presets or cause other issues like on some vehicles. My 3" turbo back Exhaust and O2 housing were fabricated by a fellow down in Atlanta. Tig welded stainless,Magnaflo high flow cat. Side exit in front of the rear wheel on the driver side. No resonator or muffler and quieter and better sounding then the factory 2.25 exhaust with 2 resonators.

Latest posts

Back