Do you have a hobby other than boats?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Moore

So I will start since I am interested in what everybody else does. I am kinda computer nerd of sorts like playing with a ton of stuff. Computers, I have 8 running in total, have 2 that I work off of, 2 that are servers for work, 1 that controls cameras and lighting, and the rest are the kids and wife's. I have planes and cars, trucks and crawlers RC. A couple hot rods (65 Corvette, and 72 Datsun with a 67' 327 Corvette engine), Minibikes and Mopeds. Also I have a 3 year old boy, that is Autistic, that takes up most of my free time, not a hobby and not a job but is one of the greatest joys of my life.

Truck Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWgZXLUy25U

Crawler Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1XZ35zZZ1w

What else do you have as a hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
My other hobbie is building street rods I am on my 3rd one and it is taking the longest , I spend 6 months in Fl. and play with boats and go back to alabama and play with boats ans work on the Street Rod (39 Ford with a 302 stroked 5/8 and bored .030, roller cam C4 trans but looking for a 5 speed with bell housing for a 76 302 block). Will try to get the engine and trans in this summer, along with brakes wheels, tires,if the $$$ come along.

Walt Barney

Sort of a hobby, sort of work. We are one of the very few shops left, especially in this area, that build older custom engines. I am currently building a 396 ford engine. A 351 W engine stroked and bored. A really good running street combination. Recently built a 427 Ford engine that is going in a Cobra kit car.

A few 383, 372 and 406 chevy SB engines, ect.

An all original 375 HP matching # 396 in a 1968 Camaro.

Charles

More of a affliction than a hobby really :D

99 Buell Cyclone, 120 hp, 385 lbs, clipons, drag strut, forcewinder, flowed heads, etc......

Gene

I have a couple hobbies outside of R/C boat racing/building. One is car audio, and the other is pictured below. My daughter Addison :wub:

IMG_20120324_134928.jpg

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Needless to say I dont think she liked her peas very much this day!

IMG_20120327_185007.jpg

A growing number of grandkids (2 boys, a new baby girl, and another due this fall so far!)bring joy into our lives now. Old Wallster Gramps wouldn't mind if one of them picked up the hobby and I would gladly wrench and coach for them, I'd even paint a pink boat. A little newbie fly fishing for bluegills and crappie, and of couse my recent kick a** A/V system I was showing off a few weeks back. But not ready to hang up the boats yet!

I do know of someone on here going by the name of "Tiny" that has a new tire-burning Dodge Challenger, but I don't want to steal his thunder. I can verify that it WILL effortlessly pull a third gear burn out, then we ran out of room in town, LOL

Wallster

My wife say's I have ocd with add.

I have 4 1911 pistols I love to take to the range and make dirty one of them I built myself from a frame kit.

07 Shelby mustang I have done alot of work to for unknown reason to make faster.

I have split enough 302 for blocks in half to know not to build one if I want to make some real power or go for a pre 70 year block for the stronger nickle content but 500hp seem's to be the limit for a factory 302 block either way.

My current moth balled project car is a 2003 mustang with the engine out of a lincon mark 5 (the rear will drive lincon) with the tumble/b heads .

I don't know if I want to try and carb this 4.6 4v or break out the twin turbo set up or both( I may trade with car shortly for a 68 vette someone put a tall deck 454 in and stuff don't fit for some reason and they don't know why).

My last car project was a 86 mustang lx with a 427 side oiler crammed into it with med riser heads.

The one before that was a 79 mustang opc with a 351w 68 year block bored and stroked to 427 with 2 stage nitrous.

I got to drive it down the track a few time's before they noticed I did not have a cage in the car or a helmet on my head.

The thing I got right now that's taking up alot of time is a deaf great dane pup that's blind in one eye.

I like to Kayak with my wife....last Friday my Granddaughter and i went fishin with em...had a GREAT TIME.....Ive been buildin and launchin a fair number of model rockets the last couple of years, again involving my grandkids and kinda reliving my youth....just got back from the local gym flying my lil Park Zone airplanes....as much as i LOVE playin with model boats, ive come to realize how money ive spent and its kinda scarey....ive realized there are fun things to do that dont cost quite so much....though i hope ill still be able to play with boats as the people who are involved in this hobby are absolutly INCREDIBLE!Oh, and Rodney, if you read this, THAT IS ONE BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL YA GOT THERE! Ive never seen such BEAUTIFUL BLUE EYES!

Here is one of my scale 400s.. this is an Agusta 109A using Axe 400 mech. It has retracts and is starting to tune out very well.

Grim

This one is my OH-6 loach. It also uses Axe 400 mech and has a lighting system.. simple but flys well.. its over 3 years old now and still flys great.

Grim

Here is my UH1C. It was published over 5 times last year in a few different magazines. Its been a work in progress but just this last winter I managed to get all systems working. I was about to give up.. but it paid to stick with it. Its now flying great!

Here is a video and a pic

=
Grim

My kids, robotics, high power rocketry, car audio,gaming,fishing, hunting,computers and CES design, on road cars, and anymore I can add.

my family, hunting & fishing (have the land & pond right outside my front door :D ),& OLD SCHOOL mopar muscle cars. besides my family, mopars are in first place. '73 charger, 408 stroker, efi, gear vendors od, 727, 3.91 gear. "cop car" suspension & brakes. also have 1 vintage bike - '72 kawi 750 triple, been completely "denco'd". anyone besides foley remember denco? all they did was triples. frame#304, engine#284, denco r.o. #181. supposedly the first one sold in fla. i.ve had the charger since 1999, the bike since 1978.

I am Commissioner of an NFL Football pool. I Golf in Summer and Bowl in the Winter. Too many irons in the fire. 1 of them will have to be dropped, as Model boating is #1 for me .

I fly fish, hunt birds, snow ski and teach Sunday School. Of course all of that is after chasing my 4 kids around. AND whatever my wife wants to do.

Robert

Quote: "Anyone remember Denco"

Yup sure do, had a set of chambers on my 74 H1.

Drove clear to Action Cycles in Tulsa to pick em up ;)

Geeez Robin, The "stock" H2 was a beast.......

The full Denco treatment, WOW!

Gene

yep gene, it's an absolute beast! triple squish band heads, whatever porting they did for "stage 3", vm 36 mikuni's, denco chambers. i added a swing arm off a '74 (1" longer), needle/torrington brngs. for the swingarm pivot, tapered rollers in the steering head, bilstein rear shox & steering damper, air fork kit, 1 tooth smaller countershaft sprocket. 138 hp dyno sheet from denco, 423 lbs. ready to roll, WAAAAY better than a cup of coffee in the a.m. :eek: B) . don't ride it much at all, parts are unobtanium, & it's worth too much, due to the very low #'s. best it ever ran was a 9.88 at 138 on avgas & the oil injection turned down. i still love tune ups. have to set the timing on 3 separate pickup's at 3 grand, chasing it around the shop on the center stand :lol: :lol: .

Quote: "Anyone remember Denco"

Yup sure do, had a set of chambers on my 74 H1.

Drove clear to Action Cycles in Tulsa to pick em up ;)

Geeez Robin, The "stock" H2 was a beast.......

The full Denco treatment, WOW!

Gene
We had many at Orient Express where I worked in Freeport , NY . I "cloned " many H- 2 cylinders back then and built some fast bikes . The transmissions were garbage in the entire triple lineup and we did MANY trans . repairs on them !!

Back