What boats do you all have other then your RC boats? Post em up!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great guys keep em coming!

Tom whats the fastest Allison you got in your stable and what kind of speeds and engine combo etc?
I've never tried for top end and have had mine to 90 mph with a 26 ET @ around 8500 rpm . They will go faster without all the weight . I have 3 batteries 30 gal fuel tank , spare prop , cooler etc , etc and about 50 lbs of left side ballast weight to keep it on the pad straight by myself .

Chad,

I wasn't aware FourWinns had gone all composite. That's actually refreshing to hear. That's one of the things I think all MFR's should go to. Get rid of the wood, get rid of the rot. We had boating friends with an early '80's 21ft FourWinns Liberator. He had the transom rebuilt once by FourWinns and once by a local (Burnside, KY) hull shop. The second time around, the outdrive window was very thoroughly sealed and it never rotted out after that. It is still strong to this day.

We can discuss the small block/big block thing all day long, but I can tell you there's no replacement for displacement and HP is only half the story. The big blocks have a ton of torque, and that's what you need to pull props. My dad's 27ft SeaRay had the 310hp 454 in it and it would run right at 60 and got way better mileage than a friend's 24ft Chaparral (1500 lbs lighter) with the small block. The SeaRay would pull three slaloms up with relatively little effort, the Chaparral severely struggled with two. I will never own a boat with anything less than a big block.

Not knocking your boat at all. Good looking ride and any boat is better than no boat IMO. Why are you thinking about selling it?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Eric,

I bet that thing is a blast. I think you can count all the bass boats on Cumberland that won't run 70+ on one hand, and there are scads of them that run well in excess of 90. My uncle had a 19' Ranger (fairly heavy) with a bone stock 175 Mariner that would run 75 or so. Bullet, Shadow, Cajun, Skeeter, to name a few, are all fairly fast hulls, as I've noticed.

My dad's house sits right on top of the point between the Main Lake and the North Fork (Cumberland River), overlooking Burnside Marina. It's quite the show when they release the flights from the ramp on Burnside Island and they all come screaming around the bend, headed out to their fishing holes. We started counting one evening and stopped at well over 100 boats and they just kept coming.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Paul,

I'll always have a soft spot for big HP V-drives. Curious to know how you got over 2HP/ci without forced induction.
default_wacko.png

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

My wife says I have too many boats and at least one has to go. I know I'm keeping the hot boat. I'm up to 107 mph so far, warmer day are coming and a new prop.

101_40221.jpgIMG_3090.JPGWP_20151126_11_42_18_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had 3 small vessels a coupla years ago....got rid of all of em! Said I was DONE with boats! Didn't last long......LOVE this thing! Gets Judy and me to the Anclote island.....QUICKLY!
default_smile.png
:)

037.jpg

039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back