What boats do you all have other then your RC boats? Post em up!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Blevins

Here is my new Bass Cat Cougar FTD with Mercury PRO XS. I've only had it out once other then the test drive when i bought it but have had it a little up over 83mph so far. Cant wait to tweak around on the setup see what i can get it to run! Great tournament boat with very impressive speed/stability and fishablility. My favorite platform that i've been on so far!

My 1947 "Fram" that my dad had built. That's me and my Granddaughter. I learned to ski behind that boat when I was 5 or 5. image.jpgimage.jpg

Mine aren't quite as fast. [emoji1]

9ecdbcd1b0db4f3c25bc56f89cc6c184.jpg

e4ce13d79fef2ccdb8cf85f6f837646d.jpg

Tom, I want to bring it down for the Swannee run next time you have it. I want some of Mitch's new Allison, that was my brothers boat??? O to 40 mph can't touch it!!!!!! Good luck this weekend. I'm up in W. VA. 18 degrees and going to snow tonight. AHHHHH ShIIIIIIt

image.jpg

I used this boat every weekend, actually it got me into rc boats.

Used to take my electric boats to the sand bar with me and run them.

Hooked on rc racing now and the real boat hasn't left the garage in

2 years. Lol.

Looks great guys keep em coming!

Tom whats the fastest Allison you got in your stable and what kind of speeds and engine combo etc?

Here's our baby. 1990 Rinker 236 Sport Cuddy. Mildly warmed over 454. My wife would disagree, but it doesn't run nearly fast enough for me, since I grew up on a 21 ft Nordic with a blown 482/V-drive that would tickle 85 on a good day. That was fast for a boat with full upholstery in '76 when we built it. My dad called it the "homesick angel".

We roam the creeks of Lake Cumberland when we get the chance. Usually the South Fork.

Chad,

What is that boat? It's not often I can't recognize a hull. I'm thinking Baja, but I've never seen one in that color.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine And Precision LLC

Brad

Its a 2008 Fourwinns horizon ss. The only year they offered it in orange and white. I orderd it new in late 07 with

The 5.7 Volvo gxi and sx drive. Probably gonna be for sale in the near future. Lol

Chad,

AHHH. That's why I didn't recognize it.

Probably a good call. I've never been a big fan of FourWinns. They've always been underpowered, without the option of more (nothing worse than an underpowered boat). I actually had a FourWinns salesman tell me that "all that horsepower is just an ego-trip thing, anyway". FourWinns is also the worst MFR in the industry for the transom's rotting out.

FourWinns, Bayliner and Maxum..... All in the same category (probably, among many others): Best left on the lot.

For the record, I never really got excited about Rinker, either. They're built OK, and obviously HP was never really a problem. Just never really caught my eye. We got ours for a song, knowing we had a good platform with some room for "elbow grease equity."

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

'47 Chris Craft, just spent a year and a half on the wood work. I've had it for 25 yrs. and use it every chance I get.

0630151928.jpg

Mike,

Nice restoration. I grew up on Torch Lake with Chris Crafts every summer.

These were the first fast boats I learned to drive as a kid.

You Own A Piece Of History,

Mark Sholund

Mike,

Beautiful boat. I've always liked those old mahogany hulls. They're just SO much work, though, as I'm sure you already know.

My dad bought a 1960 Century Resorter in about '90 or so. The boat had some significant family history, so when the opportunity to pick it up, he couldn't pass it up. It had sat under an open lean-to for about 15 years and was in quite the state. We did a complete bare wood restoration, including original red and white vinyl from Century, and had all the mechanicals restored. It took us almost three years. It was a fun project. Bought it for $1500 (I think), put somewhere near $8K into the hull restoration alone, God knows how much into the mechanicals, chrome and such. Then the opportunity to sell it within the family and away it went for $10K. I hate to think how much my dad lost, but I think he just did it for something to do......... go figure.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I was raised on a lake in South Dakota a long time ago when these boats were near new and very common in the area. Promised myself I'd have one someday. Living in NC in 1989, a friend in Mass. found this boat for me. I spent 13 months on it when we got it home, and used it most every summer weekend for 23 years. It started to show a little rot in a couple places and the topside mahogany had gotten a little thin from several refinishes plus mine over the years. What you see is all new wood from the waterline up and several new frames and all new deck beams and deck wood. I really enjoyed the project but glad when it was over. You can see the whole process on my wife's facebook page. Look for Sherry Byer and look in the photos. She made a public photo album with a couple hundred pix.

Chad,

AHHH. That's why I didn't recognize it.

Probably a good call. I've never been a big fan of FourWinns. They've always been underpowered, without the option of more (nothing worse than an underpowered boat). I actually had a FourWinns salesman tell me that "all that horsepower is just an ego-trip thing, anyway". FourWinns is also the worst MFR in the industry for the transom's rotting out.

FourWinns, Bayliner and Maxum..... All in the same category (probably, among many others): Best left on the lot.

For the record, I never really got excited about Rinker, either. They're built OK, and obviously HP was never really a problem. Just never really caught my eye. We got ours for a song, knowing we had a good platform with some room for "elbow grease equity."

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad Sorry you feel that way, just trying to support this thread not looking for false info.

My boat is all composite , no wood, maybe back in the 90s that may be a different story,

As only a few manufacturers where only doing all composite back then.pretty sure rinker wasn't one of

Them. Lol. 320 hp small block gxi ran 62 mph on gps, I feel that's respectable for a open bow family boat.

Just another fun fact is carbureted 454 made 300-310 hp and weighed 150 lbs more than the small block

So do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back