Penrith 3.5 tunnel race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom - it was the outside front sponson. Both tubes shattered also, and some minor tub damage but nothing major. It was one of those races where the boat was hauling and I got the start close to perfect and I was on track to run a real fast time, lapping boats easily.

The problem with running fast in lane 1 it doesn't give you a lot of room if someone else decides to go from lane 5 to lane 1 at the end of the straight. I managed to get the boat inside the course but not enough and the outside sponson hit bouy 1 very hard.

Andrew V and I had a hard time removing the sponson from the bouy.

On the positive side - I think the guys racing their first major event had a great time which is what it's all about. Andrew showed them a thing or two about being consistent with a few wins. Kris and Gino showed 'em what the Villain can do today also with some wins.

Kris F, thanks again for making the long trip to Sydney to race with us. Hope you can make it up here again in the future...It was great having you there. Just make sure I'm not launching your boat next time :eek:

Tim.

Hi All.

We were all having problems through the weekend with Gino and I not even completing a single lap or starting a race on day 1. But it all came down to the last race. We had a fantastic start. I was to be the race of the weekend.

It was all in all a good weekend and I can’t wait till the next race meet.

Race 6

I'll add some more soon.

Chris

Hi Guys

I'm glad you all had a good time and learnt alot even if it means not having everything go perfectly. You were lucky with Uncle TimD there to help you achieve 'all you can be'. I'm sorry I couldn't come and play but these darn house renovations are really starting to chew up huge amounts of time - oh well next time.

You will be all set for the Aussie titles in a few weeks - you'll be just like professionals by then. :lol: When I get to run you guys you will have to take it easy on me. ;) TimD feeling the urge for another tunnel? :blink:

Anyway what was the final result 1,2,3 - boats etc. Will the Grimracer be a very happy man? or was there a joker in the pack?

GT :ph34r:

Hi All.

I'm building 2 WOF 30's, one for me and one for Tim. So there in the process. And this means that Tim will be racing (tunnels) by mid 2055 by the time I finish them off.

Results:

1:Andrew_v WOF 29

2: Kris Flynn Villain

3: Gino Villain

4: Chris (Me) Hotshot (abs)

I'm filling out my entry form as we speak. And I'll post it Monday. I don't think that you have any thing to worry about with me but the other Guy's that is a different story.

TTYL

Chris

Hi to all

Sounds like it all went ok on the weekend,

Chris,Gino what seemed to go wrong?

Sorry to here of the damage Tim D.

Was it a good turnout in general.

Im sorry i couldnt make it i was trying for saturday but it just didnt happen?

When are any on you guys planning to go out to Penrith next.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have created a web page if any one want's a look.

There is 218 photos of all shapes and forms.

I need to fix it up yet. Give me some time.

TTYL

Chris

Hi Guys

Interesting results - really funny that Andrew was hesitant about buying the WOF hull initially. Knew it would win in the right hands - WELL DONE. :D Must have been those quality GTR cowlings. :lol:

Told you you'd get a trophy Kris - you have the right gear and patience to get the thing set-up right & well done Gino wonderful first title event for a new boat - bet your smiling now.

I'm glad after a couple of years that things are starting to finally pick up again for tunnels. Might have to literally dust mine off when I get this darn house finished. :( Glad to see TimD can't stay away. ;)

As they say TUNNELS ROCK!!!!!!

GTR

C'Mon Gazza,

Make it over to the Nationals...we need 5!!! more the merrier!

With Chris entering that makes 3, myself Grims Boat (Paul)...and with Dave yet to enter...

Tim need a tunnel i reckon...

Kris

Hey Kris,

I would love to but with just ten weeks to go to complete the house and needing to do:

Kitchen;

Bathroom;

Ensuite;

Tiled and timber floating Floors

On top of working full time I don't think I'm going to have time to scratch myself. Should actually be over there working now but I had a hard day and am stuffed so its an eraly night for me. :ph34r:

Hi. Got the photos up if anybody wants a look.

I actually had the web link posted in the original msg but soon realized that it didn't work.

There is everything and anything. From heat 5-6 but nothing after the tunnels..... My dad went home :D

My Webpage

TTYL

Chris

cjm102 said:
Results:1:Andrew_v    WOF 29

2: Kris Flynn    Villain

3: Gino            Villain

4: Chris (Me)    Hotshot (abs)

92601[/snapback]

Congrats to all...

Did paul get to run mine? I have not heard yet.. not an easy jump going from hydros to tunnels...Never the less great race by all and lets keep them tunnels racing. From the look of the pictures it looks like you had some good water for a time.

A few questions..

How was the water overall?

What motors were winning?

What are your power requirements for your tunnels (pipes - no pipes? )

How many rounds did you run?

Grim

Hi Guys

Good pictures Chris - Almost forgot to say special congatulations to AndrewV for a first out win, and to all you guys for breathing life back in to the tunnel scene in Oz. Keep up the good work and just remember it's all about the fun and the people you meet and play with.

TUNNELS ROCK B)

Grimracer said:
cjm102 said:
Results:1:Andrew_v    WOF 29

2: Kris Flynn    Villain

3: Gino            Villain

4: Chris (Me)     Hotshot (abs)

92601[/snapback]

Congrats to all...

Did paul get to run mine? I have not heard yet.. not an easy jump going from hydros to tunnels...Never the less great race by all and lets keep them tunnels racing. From the look of the pictures it looks like you had some good water for a time.

A few questions..

How was the water overall?

What motors were winning?

What are your power requirements for your tunnels (pipes - no pipes? )

How many rounds did you run?

Grim

92634[/snapback]

Mike,

He didn't show up on the weekend - but he may have gone elsewhere - don't know.

The water chopped up a little on Saturday afternoon but other than that it was pretty flat - the new pond is protected form most directions except from the East - guess which way it was blowing on Saturday afternoon. :rolleyes:

All the guys were running K&B's - Andrew V ran a W/C converted to SS,

Kris and Chris ran W/C engines, And Gino ran a SS. None of them ran pipes but there is a strong chance most of these guys will go to pipes as we don't have a separate class for mod tunnel in Oz. As soon as a good piped boat hit's the water I think there will be a rush to get pipes. IMO they should wait and learn their current stuff better - for the growth of the class and they will enjoy it more.

I think they ran 5 rounds - not sure though as I went home early with a trailer full of firewood and unfriendly boats.

Gary,

Might need some cowls soon.

Chris,

Thank your Dad for us - those sure are some nice pic's!

Tim.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the kind words - much appreciated and that IMO keeps us coming back.

It was lots of fun, even through some rather "interesting" moments on day 1.

It was great to see all the "tunnel guys" pitch in and help one another with the troubles most of us had - great!! - not to mention had a few laughs in between.

Special thanks also to Tim Duggan, he was a great help as always, even though he had more than his fair share of problems with his own boats, took the time out to help us newbies.

Well my entry form was sent for the nationals today, let's see how we(I) go - not sure how I'm going to fair against Dave's new modded weapon though - nevertheless look forward to meeting you Dave and having some fun!!!

Gary, how about we see you there mate- I'm sure Sharon can do without that kitchen for a few more days LOL :D :D :D

Chris, good work with those photos mate - I think you missed your calling with web page design etc - thanks

Gino

Hi All

I have sent my entry in for the Nat’s today as well. I won't be taking the Girlfriend either.

I did a bit of work today because I had the day off work :p . I actually made a start on the WOF. YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I searched the foam (supplied by Kris) and found a place in Sydney who sold it. So I got some more :D . I also got some West systems and the pumps. I may have 1 WOF finished for the Nat's.

TTYL

Chris

Gino

Dont wory about my piped tunnel. Im in this hobby to help others race with me. I will give you all the support needed to keep all boats competitive.

I have as far as I know I entered 21 tunnel for the nats but I have not heard back from Bucky yet to confirm that I did enter it.

see ya in Yarawonga!

Dave

I put a small vidieo up in the Downunder tunny post if you want to look at it. It takes about 4 minutes to download.

Let me know what you think.

PS Dont forget Im a tunlvirgin too!!!!!

Back