A/A 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is $400.00, I paid the factory yesterday, and the exchange rate is down a touch. Lots better than when I paid for the A/A 21 engines.

The MAC 45 backdoor fits the A/A 45. The A/A 45 backdoor fits the MAC 45. I am packed and on my way to Europe tomorrow. A few days as a tourist and then to the factory after Easter.

I'll get some photos of the new factory wing.

I'll have most of them shipped home and bring a few with me in the suitcase.

Al Hobbs

Hello Al, I just have a question or two. Would it have been better to have roller bearings for the rod rather than a bushing? Does this mean that the rod will need to be changed fairly often as the bushing will wear out?

Thanks

Allen

Do you remember the RPM rods? When you bought a new CMB, OPS or PICCO, you switched right away to an RPM rod and it normally lasted longer than the piston/liner .

The aluminum A/A rods are made of the same material as the RPM rods. It is lighter than steel to reduce the rotating weight. And a bit easier for beginning boaters. I wonder how many engines were ruined by a missed needle bearing floating around in the case?

You do have to run the engine rich for 5 or 6 tanks for break in. That should also complete the rod/crankpin fit.

Al Hobbs

Looking forward to giving this engine a go. MANY thanks Al for helping us out yet again.

Bill you putting that in the sport40 if you do i have to bring that banana for your tail pipe lol

Price is $400.00, I paid the factory yesterday, and the exchange rate is down a touch. Lots better than when I paid for the A/A 21 engines.

The MAC 45 backdoor fits the A/A 45. The A/A 45 backdoor fits the MAC 45. I am packed and on my way to Europe tomorrow. A few days as a tourist and then to the factory after Easter.

I'll get some photos of the new factory wing.

I'll have most of them shipped home and bring a few with me in the suitcase.

Al Hobbs
Well Al how are the Motors? Are they looking good to you're liking? So when do we, We as in Everyone on IW have a chance to buy one of them AA 45 let us know Al.

Thanks Brian

I am in Italy right now and tomorrow morning I will be picking up the A/A 45 engines. I'll spend most of the day with Allesandro Rossi while we plan a schedule for the A/A 84.

The A/A 45 has been tested in Italy for quite a while. The test engine had no identification, so people seeing it run, were not able to tell whose engine it was.

I had dinner with some model boaters this evening and one fellow was telling me all about a new engine he saw and how well it was running, but the people running the engine would not tell him the brand.

He told me that if the A/A 45 ran as well as the engine he saw run, I would have a great engine. That is when I told him that he had been watching an A/A 45. He bought an A/A 45 right then and there.

The first engine sent to the USA has been measured and inspected. However, due to weather, it has not yet been run in a boat. Hopefully next weekend.

While I am here in Italy, I will also meet with a company that is working on a dyno for model engines. I hope we can get something going so that I can test engines year-round.

The food in Ityaly is so good that I will hang around a few more days. That and the weather is really nice as well.

AlHobbs

I am in Italy right now and tomorrow morning I will be picking up the A/A 45 engines. I'll spend most of the day with Allesandro Rossi while we plan a schedule for the A/A 84.

The A/A 45 has been tested in Italy for quite a while. The test engine had no identification, so people seeing it run, were not able to tell whose engine it was.

I had dinner with some model boaters this evening and one fellow was telling me all about a new engine he saw and how well it was running, but the people running the engine would not tell him the brand.

He told me that if the A/A 45 ran as well as the engine he saw run, I would have a great engine. That is when I told him that he had been watching an A/A 45. He bought an A/A 45 right then and there.

The first engine sent to the USA has been measured and inspected. However, due to weather, it has not yet been run in a boat. Hopefully next weekend.

While I am here in Italy, I will also meet with a company that is working on a dyno for model engines. I hope we can get something going so that I can test engines year-round.

The food in Ityaly is so good that I will hang around a few more days. That and the weather is really nice as well.

AlHobbs
Awesome news Al,

And about the food.All I can say is that its hard to find food that taste that good here in the states.Ive been to Italy a dozen times or more for business and I always return a few pounds heavier.LOL

I just spent the day at the Rossi factory. What really nice people. I inspected the A/A 45 engines. There are 100 ready to ship, but there are two little things that have to be done, both are cosmetic only. So, they will complete the engines next week and ship them to me.

Today I watched them casting crankcases. Each mould is poured seperately and inspected seperately. If the finished product is not completely right, it goes back into the melting pot.

I spoke to the Italians that tested the A/A 45 prototype and they are happy with the results.

The A/A 45 test engine was run in the USA on Saturday. No mods. JAE rigger set up for heat racing. 82 miles per hour. I hope to have more info about the fuel and prop tomorrow.

I am quite happy with the results for the first runs.

The A/A 45 test engine was run in the USA on Saturday. No mods. JAE rigger set up for heat racing. 82 miles per hour. I hope to have more info about the fuel and prop tomorrow.

I am quite happy with the results for the first runs.

what set up? what pipe @ what length?what prop?

I am waiting for the details. That was first report right after the first runs.

Very few model boaters live in Montana. We only have water from May through September. That is if the wind is not blowing. So, I must rely on a few people to do much of my test runs for me. That is why I do not have all the specifics about the boat and prop. I do know it was a MACS 10cc pipe.

So, I will wait on the specifics and post them when I know.

As I haven't headed home from Italy yet, it is a bit expensive to call up and ask several questions. And yes, the food has been great! I have toured some of the old castles and walked along some of the shorelines. But, I am anxious to get back home. Our first race is coming up soon and I have to get a couple of boats ready. Maybe I'll run a new A/A 45............

Al Hobbs

I got a bit more information from the folks testing the A/A 45 yesterday. Boat was a JAE 45 set up for heat racing. They tested on two props an 1860 and a 1657. Pipe was a MACS 10 cc pipe. Fuel was 60%. Head clearance was 0.012". No engine mods.

Runs of over 80 mph. Maxed at 82 mph on radar gun.

The report is that there is more left in the engine, so we will see what comes next.

I should have the engines on hand in two weeks. Actually, there is a wet spot in my pants......

Al;

TOO MUCH information,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :blink: :blink: :blink:

(the last statement) LOL

I got a bit more information from the folks testing the A/A 45 yesterday. Boat was a JAE 45 set up for heat racing. They tested on two props an 1860 and a 1657. Pipe was a MACS 10 cc pipe. Fuel was 60%. Head clearance was 0.012". No engine mods.

Runs of over 80 mph. Maxed at 82 mph on radar gun.

The report is that there is more left in the engine, so we will see what comes next.

I should have the engines on hand in two weeks. Actually, there is a wet spot in my pants......
I watch the boat with the motor myself and like what I saw a heard from the motor. Quailty and workmanship is some of the best I have seen in a long time.

What other pipes have tried why a Macs 10cc pipe why not a 7.5CC pipe or a Parapolic type pipe.

Just after some other pipe suggestions.

Thanks

Steve

Hello Al

How do I get to Purchase one of these motors when you get them in....

Thanks

Joe

Back