Coming Soon from A/A Products

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
When you buy a new engine, the first thing to do is carefully disassemble it, check all the pieces, clean everything, remove any flash and carefully reassemble it with proper lubrication.

With the cooperation of European and North American manufacturers, the A/A 45 will soon be available to everyone as a kit. I am meeting with one of the manufacturers on Monday to finalize some of the required parts.

The piston/sleeves have already been prepared by Anatoly Karpov. The crankcase and other pieces were cast in Italy. Crankshafts and rotors are from Europe. Oher parts are being made in North America.

As a kit, it will be up to you to inspect, clean, and fit all the parts. If you find any parts to be defective, return it and I will replace the part in question. Once you modify or begin to reassemble the engine, there is no longer any warranty. You will not need a hammer, vise, or pliers to assemble the kit. You will need some experience.

Depending on your abilities, it will take anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours to properly prepare and assemble the engine parts. You may need to lap the sleeve in the case. You may need to machine the head button to get the head clearance you want. You may need additional wrist pin clips if you lose one or two on the floor.

Many boaters believe they are engine experts. Not that many people are. If are not capable of reassembling an engine properly, have someone help. If you want me to assemble the engine, there will be an additional charge.

The first kit available will be the flat intake A/A 45 design. The sloped intake design will be available at a later date. I hope to have the sloped intake design in a few months. I will discontinue the flat intake design shortly after the sloped intake version is available.

Instead of a written instruction booklet, you will receive photographic examples of how the parts assemble. If you require more than that, have someone else assemble the kit for you.

The kit price is $400.00 delivered in the USA. If you want WIB bearings, there will be an extra $20.00 charge. If you want an Al Hobbs prepared engine, there will be a $100.00 additional charge. I will only assemble a stock engine. I will not modify the parts.

I am offering this as a kit as I do not want to assemble several hundred engines every year myself.

Depending on the success of a 45 engine kit, I will follow with a 21 size marine engine and larger engines as kits. We are currently doing the CNC engineering design work on the 21 and larger engines.

Again, these kits are provided using both North American and European manufacturers. Legally I could say made in America, but, that does not give credit to the experienced European manufacturers who are doing much of the work.

Al Hobbs

The design is similar to the Mac and CMB, drum rotor, rear exhaust. But, please remember, the initial costs are very high and if the 45 kit does not sell very well, I will not pursue other size engines.

Hi Al:
When you buy a new engine, the first thing to do is carefully disassemble it, check all the pieces, clean everything, remove any flash and carefully reassemble it with proper lubrication.

With the cooperation of European and North American manufacturers, the A/A 45 will soon be available to everyone as a kit... The piston/sleeves have already been prepared by Anatoly Karpov. The crankcase and other pieces were cast in Italy. Crankshafts and rotors are from Europe. Oher parts are being made in North America.
As a kit, it will be up to you to inspect, clean, and fit all the parts. If you find any parts to be defective, return it and I will replace the part in question. Once you modify or begin to reassemble the engine, there is no longer any warranty. You will not need a hammer, vise, or pliers to assemble the kit. You will need some experience..........
Depending on the success of a 45 engine kit, I will follow with a 21 size marine engine and larger engines as kits. We are currently doing the CNC engineering design work on the 21 and larger engines.
Al Hobbs
This is a great idea! ... I will wait for the results of the 45, because I am interested in something new of 3.5cc and that can be used in outboard.
I sincerely wish and hope that you have a lot of success ... We lack more engine proposals ... especially in small displacements

Pretty much ... Head button that will fit in the sleeve with the head bolt holes. Could be drilled and tapped for the plug, but allows for custom chamber. Maybe a little long to allow to cut the squish band/head clearance. Just a thought.

Back