A/A 67 and 84

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the performance difference (if any) between the two A/A .45 motors?

David

I am not aware of any noticeable performance difference. I do know that some people prefer one style over the other based upon their own personal preferences.

So far I am getting good reports on both styles and from people running monos, hydros, and sport 40 hulls.

Al Hobbs

My plan was to have the 67 and 84 available for sale by March. That will not happen. Now, I hope to have them ready for sale sometime this summer.

I can guarantee you this, when they are available for sale I will certainly announce it on I.W.

Al Hobbs

My plan was to have the 67 and 84 available for sale by March. That will not happen. Now, I hope to have them ready for sale sometime this summer.

I can guarantee you this, when they are available for sale I will certainly announce it on I.W.

Al Hobbs

Thanks for the reply Al , do you have a website

A web site is in the works. But with only the A/A 45 marine, A/A 21 Super Long Stroke marine and a 21 car engine, there would not be much to show.

I plan to retire this year and then I can put a lot more time into marketing the A/A products.

Thanks for your interest,

Al Hobbs

After 50 years of bringing home a paycheck, I'm a bit nervous about retirement.

But, it seems to have gone well for you Keith.

Maybe I'll have the time to make a scale that can keep up with your Bud.

Al,it will take a bit of getting use to not having to get up early for work. You will have more time for skiing and model boating and be able to go when you want to, we go out during the week when there is less action at the pond. Enjoy. See you Red Deer

Al,

Why would you retire? You have more free time than anyone I know. Except for Paco.

You might have to slow down with less income. Keep working til they kick you out.

Robert

Robert, you just don't understand.......

It just looks like I have a lot of free time.

Al Hobbs

Sorry for the delay. The US Dollar is not doing well on the international scene.

I'm watching and waiting until I can offer a good engine at a fair price.

Al Hobbs

Al , have you got any 67 crankcases yet ready to ship

I understand all the parts inside the mac67 fit straight in , am I right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
When they are produced, the A/A piston/sleeve and other parts will fit the MAC engines.

This will be the case for the A/A 67 and the 84. Many people with MAC 45 engines have been able to keep running their old Mac 45 using the new A/A piston and sleeves.

There will be some changes to the A/A as compared to the MAC engines, but with so many people having good luck with the MAC engines, why buy new when you can keep the old MAC engines running?

The major problem today is that the Euro has been around $1.40 to $1.55. That means an expensive engine made in Italy today. When the MAC engines first started, we were able to buy Euros for less than $0.90.

That is one reason why the MAC engines were such a good deal.

I do not want to bring out a new engine that has to be priced at $600.00 or more. The idea is to keep model boating as economical as possible. That is why I will have them produced at a minimum of 100 engines at a time as that also reduces the overall price.

Please be patient.

Al Hobbs

Al , I heard that the AA motor uses less fuel , thats what

im after . Because the Macs drink heaps , nitro not cheap in new zealand Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't answer that point. I'm still running a K67 and a K82 and they are not too bad for fuel consumption.

Someone else knows a lot more about MAC fuel consumption than I do.

Al Hobbs

Back