A/A Engine Moulds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh...thats a different drum setup :)

nevermind!

Hey Al,

noticed the zimmerman valve version in duck's pictures...

are there plans to have that version of your 67?

sorry if this question has been asked,

hope your doing well,

Len Cuenco

Last edited by a moderator:
Both A/A 45 engine designs use a drum rotor intake. The larger A/A engines will use drum rotors also.

Drum rotors are easier for inexperienced boaters and do not require as much attention as disc rotors.

Al Hobbs

Oh...thats a different drum setup :)

nevermind!

Hey Al,

noticed the zimmerman valve version in duck's pictures...

are there plans to have that version of your 67?

sorry if this question has been asked,

hope your doing well,

Len Cuenco
Len, that zimmerman was on the CMB45RS that was replaced by the A/A 45 engine. The Mutt is now AA powered and its alot happier..... :D

Say Al,

Do you see a 67 anytime soon? I guess my other question is if/when it does come out is going to be basically a rigger motor or be torquey enough to use in an 1/8th scale boat. The Mac's were great on top end but really didn't get a 15 lb. scale boat out of the hole very well.

Thanks, Mike

The A/A 45 is available with two different intake designs. There is a sloped intake like the MAC designs and a flat intake like the OPS engines.

I plan to offer the A/A 67 with the two different intake designs also. It is going to be at least a 3 - 4 months for the A/A 67.

So far, more boaters are ordering the A/A 45 with the sloped intakes which are popular in many of the rigger designs. Boaters running Sport 40 hulls tend to order the A/A 45 with the flat intake. I don't know of anyone that has been comparing the two different designs.

Al Hobbs

So Al are you saying that a straight induction system inherently means more torque?
ever wonder why when the founder of CMB died, they made a limited edition of his favorite motor in this version?

i always have =)

granted they run different setups than we do, but they seek the same thing we do with respect to horsepower...Jim Irwin pounded this into my head many years before this limited edition motor was released...however, this setup has its drawbacks..as Al pointed out..

http://www.hobbysupplies.com.au/CMB%20Engines.HTM

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I am not saying that one intake gives greater performance than the other. However, some people prefer one design, some people prefer the other design. So I plan to offer both.

Al Hobbs

Guy's Al was vary kind and sent me one of his AA21 engine's to measure up for outboard conversions. These are some nice engines. I was surprised to see that it comes with a ceramic rear bearing from the factory.

Stay tuned,

Mark

Guy's Al was vary kind and sent me one of his AA21 engine's to measure up for outboard conversions. These are some nice engines. I was surprised to see that it comes with a ceramic rear bearing from the factory.

Stay tuned,

Mark
Many thanks to folks like Al and Mark for working to keep the competitive motors in supply (along with Steve Wood, Frank Orlic, Rod Geraghty, Fred Howe, Kris Flynn, and too many others to name!) You're knowledge and willingness to invest in design/production of motors and aftermarket parts keeps the remaining majority of us in the race, and we appreciate it!

Wallster

Stay tuned,

Mark
Many thanks to folks like Al and Mark for working to keep the competitive motors in supply (along with Steve Wood, Frank Orlic, Rod Geraghty, Fred Howe, Kris Flynn, and too many others to name!) You're knowledge and willingness to invest in design/production of motors and aftermarket parts keeps the remaining majority of us in the race, and we appreciate it!

Wallster

DITTO! Thanks to all you people who keep us running and enjoying this great hobby!

Back