A/A 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I just received an email from Paola Rossi. There are 100 A/A 45 engines, piston/sleeve assemblies, connecting rods, and other parts ready to ship. They will send the first engine to me for inspection before I accept the order. I'll take some photos of the test engine. I plan to visit the factory in early April and should have the engines in the USA shortly thereafter.

These are the engines I expected in late January or early February. If the workmanship and materials are anywhere near as good as in the A/A 21 engines, I will be very happy with the results.

Once we get these in the USA and a few of them out on the water, we will get started on the mould for the A/A 84 engine.

I just received an email from Paola Rossi. There are 100 A/A 45 engines, piston/sleeve assemblies, connecting rods, and other parts ready to ship. They will send the first engine to me for inspection before I accept the order. I'll take some photos of the test engine. I plan to visit the factory in early April and should have the engines in the USA shortly thereafter.

These are the engines I expected in late January or early February. If the workmanship and materials are anywhere near as good as in the A/A 21 engines, I will be very happy with the results.

Once we get these in the USA and a few of them out on the water, we will get started on the mould for the A/A 84 engine.
Great news Al. B)

Hi Al,

From your post it appears that you willl have P/S assemblies available along with complete engines and other parts once the shipment is accepted?

I thought I remember reading once before that the P/S will fit the old MAC 45's? If this is correct I will take a P/S once they become available?

Thanks, Josh-

(a former Montanian, born in Whitefish, raised in the Flathead valley)

Yes, the inner parts will fit the MAC 45. That is why I insisted on checking one engine before accepting the whole production.

The only difference will be that the rod will be 7075-T6 aluminum instead of steel. That is the product that RPM used for their rods.

You will also find that the cylinder material is a bronze alloy, not just brass.

Yes, the inner parts will fit the MAC 45. That is why I insisted on checking one engine before accepting the whole production.

The only difference will be that the rod will be 7075-T6 aluminum instead of steel. That is the product that RPM used for their rods.

You will also find that the cylinder material is a bronze alloy, not just brass.

Hurry Up Al,

I need a new 45 motor ASAP

Hurry Up Al,

I need a new 45 motor ASAP

There are going to be alot of guys wanting this new engine....

I believe the 67 is after the 84. Not sure why because I would have thought there was a bigger market for a 67 vs the 84.....

As both the 84 and the 67 will use the same outer crankcase mould, once I get the outer mould completed, all I need is two inner moulds. So the 67 should follow fairly quickly.

The 84 is coming first as it is a size popular around the world. The USA, Canada and Australia run 67 size engines, but they are not popular in other areas.

I hope to be selling the current engine inventory as the next sizes are developed.

Sounds great Al. Keep up the great work for our sport! Looking forward to the 67's

Cool!
cool.gif

Will the big end for the rod on the 45 be bronze bushed or use needles ?

Also will the larger A/A engines have alu rods ?

I race a Sport 40 with a Mac 45 for power....i have exactly ZERO spare parts for this motor..Its really NICE to know that there will be a motor that i can drop in this boat and interchangable parts for the motor that i have...it gets old running an engine that there are no parts for and Al, I THANK YOU for what you are doing....Kinda anxious for the 67 to happen...im running a Picco EXR in my scale hydro and I LOVE the motor, but its the same deal with parts....I only hope the 67 will have the low end and mid range of the Picco or CMB Green head...unlike the Mac, which seems to have little of either for a scale boat!

The 21 and 45 size engines will have the aluminum rods. The 67, 84 and 90 engines will have steel rods. The aluminum rods will be bushed. The steel rods will use needle bearings at the crankpin like the MAC and the Kalistratov engines.

While the outer crankcase mould will be the same for the 67 and 84, the inner moulds will be different. This will reduce the crankcase volume in the A/A 67 and should improve low end power.

The P-67 sure had low end power for heavier boats such as the scales.

Great News!!!!

Will the crank pins be hardened to the point of using our steel roller mac rods?

While I have not yet measured one of the engines, I expect there to be a difference in the bottom end of the MAC rod and the A/A rod. That means using a different crankshaft if you want to use an old MAC rod.

However, your MAC crank should drop right in.

Until I actually measure the rods, I won ' t know for certain.

Al

Latest posts

Back