Carolina Showdown 2008, May 16-18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you can make it Will. It's a Fun Race. I know they use the IMPBA LSG Classifications but I don't know where the Quickdraw would fall in. Maybe Chuck will chime in and enlighten you.

Hope to see you there.

If the gas rules are the same as we use in Atlanta, i should be fine as we dont go by LS and XLS IMPBA rules, so Zenoahs, CY's, Quickdraw's, etc. all run together.

Im hoping i can make it. Its the weekend of my birthday and we have a district race the weekend after..... but i sure would like to come lay the smack down on mr hemric since we didnt get a clean race against each other in cat this past weekend :p

Will LSG is open class and if you come to the race I'm sure you will get anther shoot in the cat class but we have alot more faster cats than mind.Just to name a few guys Trent,Don,Earl,Mike Hart,Ivan,Green Mile and Mike B. No need to do all the smack talk just bring it to the pond. :eek:

Will LSG is open class and if you come to the race I'm sure you will get anther shoot in the cat class but we have alot more faster cats than mind.Just to name a few guys Trent,Don,Earl,Mike Hart,Ivan,Green Mile and Mike B. No need to do all the smack talk just bring it to the pond. :eek:

Hell i was just jokin.... my cat aint got nothin for you or Don's "49.9993mph" cat, guess ill have to try finding some more speed before thinking about coming over there :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all good come down an race with us you will have a good time and you have a good running cat B)

Hey Guy's!!!!!! This is Mike's wife Amber just wanted to let you know that I will be willing to fix Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning if you guys would like for me to. Let me Know!!!

Thanks,

Amber

Hey Guy's!!!!!! This is Mike's wife Amber just wanted to let you know that I will be willing to fix Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning if you guys would like for me to. Let me Know!!!
Thanks,

Amber

Amber/Mike/Chuck,

Any lunch be available on Friday or are we on our own?

Thanks,

Amber

Amber/Mike/Chuck,

first things first, john. i say yes to breakfast. but lunch fri. would be accepted, too :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: .

Hey Will,

dont worry so much about the speed, driving skill wins the races in our district. A little speed never hurt though :D

Come on up. this is always a fun race. I've got tent space for you if you need.

Don

Thanks,

Amber

Amber/Mike/Chuck,

first things first, john. i say yes to breakfast. but lunch fri. would be accepted, too :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: .

Nah,

We have to get through Friday afternoon before we get to Sat breakfast. I am in for breakfast and I am sure the rest of the CMB crew would say yes too.

With today's entries we're at 36 drivers and 150 boats, give or take a few. Thanks everyone for the support!

I know there are lots of people who still haven't sent in their entries. Let's get them in so I can get the classes built soon.

:blink: Whew! :blink: What have I gotten myself into? :huh: I'm going to take a slightly different approach. If it makes any difference, I'd be more than happy to add entries for D Mono and/or D Hydro if it helps make classes. Just let me know and I don't mind short notice. :p
Chris, D mono and D hydro could both use another boat. I'll post the current count for all classes in a few minutes.

Following is a list of the current boat counts by class. The classes marked in bold have made the 3 boat minimum and will run. The classes in italics have not yet made it, but some additional entries may be on their way. The entry deadline is one week away. If you haven't already done so, get your entry forms filled in and sent to me ASAP!

1/8 Scale 3

B Hydro 4

B Mono 2

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 2

D Mono 1

D O/B Tunnel 5

E Hydro 3

E Mono 2

F Hydro 2

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Classic Thunderboat 2

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 14

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 11

Sport 40 3

:blink: Whew! :blink: What have I gotten myself into? :huh: I'm going to take a slightly different approach. If it makes any difference, I'd be more than happy to add entries for D Mono and/or D Hydro if it helps make classes. Just let me know and I don't mind short notice. :p
Chris, D mono and D hydro could both use another boat. I'll post the current count for all classes in a few minutes.
Whatever you guys need that I have! Ch. 4 with 2, 3, 5, or 6 as Alternate.

"As far as D & E Mono and for that matter all the Nitro Mono Classes that You seem determined to Write Off...."
Scott, as I have been trying to tell you it NEVER was a write off, constantly canceling the classes at the races for the last couple years was the real "write off". Both the boaters & clubs suffered through canceled classes with no place to race and wasted $$ on trophies. The ONLY reason this even came up was in fact we were looking for a way to get those one or two of each D, E & F monos that would enter the races a place to play. I said it before & I'll say it again- what is better, telling people to leave their boat(s) home or offering a class where they can at least mix it up? And BTW- the original thought was to do B, D and E/F until a certain D12 member swayed things a little by talking up how he bested a field of open mono with his 40 ......... :rolleyes:

If you & Gavin attend more D12 races this year we stand a better chance of making the mono classes but we'll have to wait and see. :ph34r:

Yup, we'll drink this one off in a few days. Oh yeah, bring me a 5th of Bacardi & we're even on the MAC84 wrist pin I had sent to you. :D
Scott,

Sorry I have been away from the site for awhile with my work load. I hope you do come up to the D12 races as I enjoyed talking and hanging out with you and Gavin. The individual Don was talking about with regards to running a 40 mono against 60 & F monos was myself. We had a dilema similiar to what is ocurring now, and only had two 40 mono's two 60 monos and one f mono able to race up at a D12 race in Delmarva several years ago. We drivers took a vote and agreed to run all three classes together. (my 60 mono took a crap as the Picco 67EXR broke a rod and 2 of the F monos broke in practice on Friday) I ended up winning the open mono even with my 40 mono by driving tight lines in lane one hard on the bouys. Larry Glidden had a OS 81 F mono and we really went at each other all weekend he had 2 first place finishes and 2 second place finishes as did I. I won because in the last heat he hit a bouy chasing me down and took second place in the heat. The point is we had a blast and we all got to run our mono's and had a great time, if we had not agreed to do this the mono classes with the exception of 20 mono would have been dead for that weekend / event. Just so you know I had a highly modified CMB 45 in a very well set up 42" Twincraft. Hope to see you at the NC D12 race.

Back