APRCRA RACES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Haines

Hey Guys,

I know its getting late, but here are the APRCRA race schedules for this year. Looks like a pretty well organized oval racing group. Paul helped them alot with the rules. They run hull limits, see there web page for more detail on all the classes!!!!

APRCRA.org

APRCRA 2008 Pro Cup Series

Let's go RACING! Here's the schedule for 2008:

January

Winter Nats -- Orlando, FL (NAMBA)

February 21-24, 2008

VooDoo Nats -- All classes -- New Orleans, LA

March 21-23, 2008

Orlando Culvert Dodgers -- Orlando, FL

April 16-20, 2008

Music City Showdown -- Nashville, TN

May

AVAILABLE (depending on date) -- Contact [email protected]

June 19-21, 2008

Carolina Showdown -- Walnut Cove, NC

July (date to be announced)

Bay City Blast -- Bay City, MI

August

AVAILABLE (depending on date) -- Contact [email protected]

September (date and details to be announced)

Broward Pond -- Sunrise, FL

October (date and details to be announced)

District 3, NAMBA -- Florida

November (date to be announced)

VooDoo Park -- New Orleans, LA

APRCRA Pro Cup Championship

Any club wanting a race in May, August or September: Please contact Fred at [email protected] as soon as possible.

Any other club that wants to hold a race should contact Fred in case of a cancelation. All dates must be confirmed with the APRCRA by January 1, 2008.

The Staff would also like to know if any club would like to hold a Pro Fun Run in December 2008, to benefit a children's toy type drive. This would be a No Points/No Prize Money run for kids in need. Contact Fred at [email protected] for more details and information

Hope to see some of you at the Florida swing of the events,

Ken :D

We, the IMPBA board, just tallied the vote on the Amateur rule revision #07-006 & it has passed. Now officially IMPBA members may participate in the APRCRA events without jeopardizing their IMPBA status. B)

Hey Don,

How does racing in APRCRA events effect our NAMBA status?

Please reply as it certainly could effect us if we race APRCRA.

Thanks, Ken

Hey Don, How does racing in APRCRA events effect our NAMBA status?

Please reply as it certainly could effect us if we race APRCRA.

Thanks, Ken
I race IMPBA but I believe that question was answered in another thread that it will not affect NAMBA member status.

Don,

Do you know.. Does this also mean that money racing could take place in the IMPBA?

Thanks

Grim

Don,
Do you know.. Does this also mean that money racing could take place in the IMPBA?

Thanks

Grim
The answer to your question appeared in the December Roostertail, right on the ballot, did you not vote?? Regardless, I'll save you the trouble of looking it up. Here is the new wording, now official, for the amateur status rule. Pay close attention to lines C & F for your answer-

General Rules of Competition

AMATEUR STATUS

A. Participation in IMPBA competitions shall be restricted to amateurs.

B. An amateur competitor shall be defined as one who engages in the operation of model power

boats for pleasure and not for profit in IMPBA events.

C. No member shall receive cash or monetary award as a prize or compensation for competing with a model powerboat or operate a model boat for hire in any IMPBA sanctioned events. Events outside the IMPBA do not apply.

D. Items A and B above shall not be construed to include compensation received for advertising,

design, manufacture, or sale of engines, plans, hulls or complete outfits or writings pertaining to

model power boats.

E. Amateur status may be revoked by Executive Board action, should satisfactory proof be

presented to it.

F. Any club offering or allowing cash or monetary award during any sanctioned race, race or

practice will have all sanctions and club registration revoked for a period of one year form

the date of the offense by the Executive Board, should satisfactory proof be presented to it. A second violation will result in a club lifetime ban.

Thanks for the info on the vote Don. I think plenty racers were waiting on that answer.

Grim I think IMPBA will not allow racing for any kinds of money. Just as in the past. This rule change only allows memebers of other associations to race in the APrcRA association without and reprocussions.

Tme to start racing.

I wonder If anyone would want to have an event in TX?

What dose the Org. do for the host club?

-Buck-

BUCKSHOT Posted Today, 08:37 AM I wonder If anyone would want to have an event in TX?

What dose the Org. do for the host club?

-Buck-

Best thing for you to do is get in touch with Fred and he can fill you in on all the details and requirements for being a host.

You can find his contact info on the APrcRA website.

just interested how is registration so far, for this PRO race??? i understand you are allowing entries after the deadline of the IMPBA recent voting of its rules......thanks

just interested how is registration so far, for this PRO race??? i understand you are allowing entries after the deadline of the IMPBA recent voting of its rules......thanks
Mike I guess you are talking about the VooDoo Pro race? I haven't talked with Fred in a few days since he asked me to make a post about the extended deadline. fred will get a list after this weekend I'm sure.

Mike I guess you are talking about the VooDoo Pro race? I haven't talked with Fred in a few days since he asked me to make a post about the extended deadline. fred will get a list after this weekend I'm sure.
Thanks...

Hey Guys, There is a schedule change to the APRCRA Orlando race. The recheduled date is now March 28-30. I hope they get enough people registered by the March 8th deadline. If they don't, Fred Williamson the director, said he would be in a position to have to cancel the event. The web-site for more information is:

APRCRA.org

I hope everyone planning to attend registers before the deadline. Mike Martin, and I are really hoping to have some stiff competition in Orlando.

Ken

As was just posted on Jim's R/C Boat Dock-

Well unfortunately there will not be an Orlando Race or any other race in the near future for that matter. I was asked by Nora Kuderka the Executive Event Coordinator to post a mention of this here on Jim's. She also explained that all future races are suspended until further notice.

I just got word from Fred's family that he has been having problems with his health. Just this past Monday he was admitted into his local hospital for chest pains. For those of you who don't know Fred, he had major heart surgery in the past. At this point no one knows what the diagnosis is.

To everyone that already registered for Orlando, if you have sent money in, please be patient in getting a refund.

Thank you for your time.

Chad

Back