Carolina Showdown 2008, May 16-18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Chris is Jimmy Johnson coming with you. Let get the entries so I can order the trophies Get them in Mitch and Tony
Not sure yet. I'll be talking to him tonight and we are going to sort that and a few other things out. Jimmy is living in Nashville and doesn't currently have boats that are ready to go so that would be quite a haul to come out and hang out for a few days.

still waiting on good weather, chuck. i know i'll enter b/sport (impba legal) tunnel. need to get my mod boat wet & see if what i built this winter will run worth a crap :p . i'll get it in next week, at the latest......

I just added a few more names to the list. Keep those entry forms coming so I can get the heats built before the last minute. We especially need to hear from all the nitro racers I know are out there. Several classes need more boats to be sure we're over the minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Norris

F Mono, B, D, E, F Hydro

Channel 63 Alt 61

Gavin Hirt

B, D, E Mono

Channel 63 Alt 61

Register us, I don't have time until after Atlanta dude

Scott Norris
F Mono, B, D, E, F Hydro

Channel 63 Alt 61

Gavin Hirt

B, D, E Mono

Channel 63 Alt 61

Register us, I don't have time until after Atlanta dude
I can pencil you in for now, but I need clarification on the classes. This year the district has consolidated the nitro mono classes to B and Open Nitro mono. Based on this, should I enter you in Open Nitro Mono and Gavin in B and Open Nitro Mono?

Pencil this in Chuck, If D-12 is gioing to write off D & E Mono I won't be at Greensboro or Chesapeake or Baltimore or anyplace North of here. I don't care anything about District Trophys or Points or any of that crap. I enjoy racing Boats on a District or higher Level and this is a Bad Decision on the Districts part. If some New Guy gets a good deal on a D Mono and wants to race in D12 on a District Level he's screwed. I know the reaction from the Powers taht are in Control are going to be that I wasn't at the Annual D12 Meeting to discuss this but Mechanicsville, VA is 4 1/2 hours and $100 or more worth of gas from my House here in Charlotte. I'm reconsidering Going South to Florida for my District level Fix right now.

OK I'm Done,

Scott

Pencil this in Chuck, If D-12 is going to write off D & E Mono I won't be at Greensboro or Chesapeake or Baltimore or anyplace North of here. I don't care anything about District Trophys or Points or any of that crap. I enjoy racing Boats on a District or higher Level and this is a Bad Decision on the Districts part. If some New Guy gets a good deal on a D Mono and wants to race in D12 on a District Level he's screwed. I know the reaction from the Powers that are in Control are going to be that I wasn't at the Annual D12 Meeting to discuss this but Mechanicsville, VA is 4 1/2 hours and $100 or more worth of gas from my House here in Charlotte. I'm reconsidering Going South to Florida for my District level Fix right now.
OK I'm Done,

Scott
Well maybe if you would have showed up at some of the other D12 races last year it might have been different, they sure could have used your mono entries! As far as I'm concerned if someone doesn't actually come to the races they have no right to ***** about them. The last TWO seasons the nitro mono turn out has been pathetic and this was done so the one or two E & F monos that would enter each race could actually be run this year instead of being left behind because the class wouldn't make the minimum. A good E mono will run with an F mono no problem, the Chesapeake club races have been combining E & F hydro & mono for years. And while you're un-knotting your panties, those are just the D12 points classes. Any race can run ALL the nitro mono classes IF enough actually SHOW UP to make the classes. Here's an idea- how about DOING something about it & help get enough nitro monos to the races instead of having this on line rant. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Look at the Greensboro entry form Don. Apparently what you are saying didn't get across to the Clubs. It's called ALL IMPBA CLASSES ARE OFFERED!!!!!!!

And Yes My Panties Are Quite Wadded Right Now!!!!

OK men, take a deep breath and lets calm down. The fact is very few people bring 4 monos and 4 hydros to a race these days. We all can't be Ray Hotchkin's :lol: for christ sake the poor guy had a stroke. It would be great for it to be like the old days, but the fact is it's not! Just pick and choose, and maybe have to make some adjustments. B) B)

Don I just read your post and responded only to find that you came back and changed your original post completely. WTF???

OK what this comes down to is that I am introducing a new boater to R/C Boat Racing. His name is Gavin. Good Kid. Last Year I let him run my E Sightler a few times. He did well with it but he was uncomfortable with the twitchiness of my Seaducers for a while. He got better and I talked him into running my B Seaducer. He got comfortable with that. I agreed to let him try my D Seaducer at Atlanta this year. I think he will do well with it. He still says that my F Seaducer scares the Crap out of him. I can understand that because it is pretty quick. My E Sightler nor my D Seaducer will not compete in an Open Nitro Class so that leaves Gavin with B Mono. This is very encouraging for a NEW BOATER DON'T YOU THINK!!!!

I'm Done Again!!!

Scott

Chuck , I know I told you the check is on the way , It is if we race Sunday . For some reason we don't I'll mail it to you Monday if not sooner .

Ed

Scott if we have alot of D monos show up we are running them in the D class. If we do not have 4 boats we will have a open class and I think your D mono will place in any opening class. Hope to see you at the race and I enjoy shooting the **** you and Gavin

OK what this comes down to is that I am introducing a new boater to R/C Boat Racing. His name is Gavin. Good Kid. Last Year I let him run my E Sightler a few times. He did well with it but he was uncomfortable with the twitchiness of my Seaducers for a while. He got better and I talked him into running my B Seaducer. He got comfortable with that. I agreed to let him try my D Seaducer at Atlanta this year. I think he will do well with it. He still says that my F Seaducer scares the Crap out of him. I can understand that because it is pretty quick. My E Sightler nor my D Seaducer will not compete in an Open Nitro Class so that leaves Gavin with B Mono. This is very encouraging for a NEW BOATER DON'T YOU THINK!!!!
I'm Done Again!!!

Scott
Scott, for reference, I checked the mono situation at last year's race. We had 5 B monos and 3 D monos (you, me, and Jarvis). E and F were both canceled due to insufficient entries. Since I am not running D mono this year, something I believe I've told you, Jarvis is no longer racing, and you're focusing on hydros this year, where does that leave us with respect to entries for D, E, or F mono? I don't know about you or Gavin, but for me running in 3 boat classes and only having one or two finish has grown old. If we had them on the schedule, do you know of 4 people who would sign up for each? I'm sure you realize that I'm as much of a nitro bigot as you, and I've done what I can to support them, but without the entries in these mono classes, how can we keep running them?

Gavin's a great guy and to help him get more racing time, I'd be happy to loan him a Sport 20 tunnel, which can be raced in two classes, or an RTR. I will get them ready to race, you guys put in your receivers (I don't have any spares), maintain them for the weekend and and clean them up at the end of the weekend. I'll be around for questions and help and I'll do the engine and shaft storage stuff at the end of the weekend.

This is all I'll say on this, I don't want to argue. If you want, give me a call tomorrow and we can talk about it.

As I remember the 20 Hydro class at that same race had 2 boats in it. Myself and Frank Sechrest. Why are we offering B Hydro at that race??? DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I remember the 20 Hydro class at that same race had 2 boats in it. Myself and Frank Sechrest. Why are we offering B Hydro at that race??? DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because it did get more entries at other races in the district and because several additional people have said they were going to run 20 hydro this year. It already has 3 entries and I know of at least a couple more who will be entering this class.

I have no problem with offering a class and a minimum boat count. If there are only 3 D mono's and the minum is 4, cancel it and offer the entrants to run Open Mono if they want, HOWEVER!!!! THE SAME RULES SHOULD APPY TO B HYDRO!!! If There are only 3 B Hydros and the Minimum is 4, Open Hydro or Put It In The Trailer!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seem to recall that race had 2 or 3 other 20 hydros entered that didn't show and gave no notice of cancellation.

Latest posts

Back