2005 Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See you @ the Nats in Tennesee in 05. Bring it on Ron.... WE need a good score keeper & the 04 nats was a Blast. It can only get Better in 05. :)

:angry:

RaceCraftBearings said:
Please any of you who I would consider my friends I would hope you would not egg this on!
Florida is not having trouble with its boating! Brian is having some problems remebering that this is a hobby and it is supposed to be FUN and how to effectively promote the hobby instead of drag it down.

Joe I will most likely be in Jackson in 05 if at all possible and most likely to do the scoring again. Thanks!

Thank You!

76040[/snapback]

AFIRacing said:
:angry:
RaceCraftBearings said:
Please any of you who I would consider my friends I would hope you would not egg this on!
Florida is not having trouble with its boating! Brian is having some problems remebering that this is a hobby and it is supposed to be FUN and how to effectively promote the hobby instead of drag it down.

Joe I will most likely be in Jackson in 05 if at all possible and most likely to do the scoring again. Thanks!

Thank You!

76040[/snapback]

76058[/snapback]

Ron has promoted this hobby to the highest degree, every event he attends he keeps score,CD's,pits and make sure everyone there has fun. The post by Brian is out of line and shamefull, in lieu of an event that we all wait for and enjoy every year, we held the last race for District 3 (which ran smooth and succesfull for all,Thank you every one who attended wit hthe help of Ron scoring CD ing and so forth) The fact is we had a racer who should have been at the race supporting our club but he was at home lurking in the shadows , degrading someone who helped our club like he does every where he goes, whats up with this?Have you seen Brian at Broward,West Palm,Miami, did Help CD ,pit, or even give you a driving tip?Ron has taken care of the Winter Nats for years, lets help our friend out here. Sure you can order somthing from Brian and get in a couple days, You can do the same with Sears,Bass Pro, etc,etc, The OCD members need to stand up for them selves and quit getting bullied around by Brian, asked at the last winternats if he had a part in stock and he did not, asked if there was any other hobby shops near by his reply was no (except for 2-3 within 10 miles) luclily another more hobby minded racer told me where they where and I was able to finish racing for the weekend, does that tell you anything, So all you readers lets express the facts and bring this to rest support our friend Ron Thank You

This will be my final public post regarding this issue. This is not the proper forum to discuss club business. It has gone too far and goes far outside the scope of r/c boating. My original post made was to stop internet posts that incorrectly implied the Winternats would not be held due to the loss a lake site until the flyer was online.

Last week, the Orlando Culvert Dodgers, Inc. club members recently made an organizational change regarding the race. This reorganization included Ron Byrd in the role as CD and scorer for the Winternats event. However, after a private conversation between our Club President and Ron, the duties were delegated as follows:

Scott Anderson, President is the CD

The entries and checks will be directed to our Secretary, Gary Weinman.

I will be setting up the heats and overseeing the scoring that will be done by other club members

No one is questioning Ron's passion for the sport or participation. For reasons that I will not go into, we needed to distribute the workload equally throughout the club. I have no more influence over the Club as any other member. We vote on everything as a group at our monthly club meeting.

With regards to the comment "...a racer who should have been at the race supporting our club but was at home lurking in the shadows..". I was at your race site Friday night for the District 3 semi-annual meeting and arrived back home at Midnight. Saturday, was our regularly scheduled Club business meeting. Bear in mind, this is the December business meeting prior to our January race. Saturday afternoon I was with the other club officers at the new Winternats site. Sunday I prepared a draft of the new flyer for the officers to review on Monday evening. Monday evening myself and the other three officers attended a City Council meeting related to the Winternats. I would have loved to have been at your race, but couldn't due to these priorities.

Please remember that the race is an Orlando Culvert Dodgers, Inc. event and is in no way connected with my business. I am only one of several former sport boaters who loved the hobby so much that we turned it into either a part-time venture; or in my case, a full-time business.

For the loyal racers who travel to our race, thanks for the hanging in there! Everything is in place and the new lake is great!

Brian I am waiting for an apology for posting your comments about me. You are very unprofessional in your actions and you are the reason I resigned from CD position and will not assist the club any further.

Last edited:
Ron,

You know if things don't work out with the Culvert Dodgers you can always call Brandon home. Your assistance with scoring and CD'ing at EVERYONE'S race is well known to those who attend the races, and is much appreciated by those of us who put these events on. I will go on record to say that you are welcome to have your Racecraft Bearings race here in Brandon again in 2005, and will have the support of the Brandon Model Boaters. We would be glad to have you as one of our members. Don :D

Hap I have known Ron for 6 years.... I have Never seen a Boater as determined and deciated as Ron Byrd to the sport of R/C boat Racing..... I have raced with him many times & have had many Good races. I personally have seen Brian & Ron picking @ each other. That has always been Going on........ I leave them Alone because they always seem to mend it between themselves....... :D they both are capable of stepping on each other`s YAHOO......... I have nothing Bad to say about Brian. Ron has Proven His Efforts & Hard Work Many times @ many races in FL & out of the state of FL....... This year 2004 Ron Byrd was awarded the William Lefeber Award @ the IMPBA awards banquet.... this stands for OUTSTANDING SPORTSMANSHIP AND SERVICE TO THE ORGANIZATION........ Hap Do you think all of the Boaters at the IMPBA Awards banquet were Wrong????? :huh: Maybe you need to get All of the Story here Before you start shooting People in the Back..... :eek: P.S. We welcome You to TENNESSEE in 2005 WE dont have all the B.S and arguing the other organizations have. We Just like to RACE........ Warren Racing Memphis TN. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to help make things clear.

The issue with the Orlando club is strictly an internal club issue and not a reflection of what is going on with the rest of Florida. Most clubs go thru troubles at some point.

All our races have been running smoothly with no fighting/arguing. Attendance is the best it's been in 5 years.

I'm sure the WinterNats will be a large and fun race. I know I will be there, ready to help if needed.

Todd Zeller

Fellow boaters, last weeks confusion about this event was due to miscomunication and misunderstanding of what had taken place at a meeting that I was unable to attend. I now have the facts of what had taken place.

Brian and I have worked out what had been miscomunicated between us and we with the rest of the club had a good workday/lunch yesterday getting things in order to assure that this will be a great event.

There is a new flyer for the new location of the 2005 Orlando Winter Nationals located at our new website:

OrlandoCulvertDodgers.com

We hope to see you there!

The Festival Bay lake was not lost due to noise or anything other than demmands upon us and our guests that we could not and would not agree too. It is to bad that it came to that end but thats life and we now move forward.

Ron

RaceCraftBearings said:
Fellow boaters, last weeks confusion about this event was due to miscomunication and misunderstanding of what had taken place at a meeting that I was unable to attend. I now have the facts of what had taken place.
Brian and I have worked out what had been miscomunicated between us and we with the rest of the club had a good workday/lunch yesterday getting things in order to assure that this will be a great event.

There is a new flyer for the new location of the 2005 Orlando Winter Nationals located at our new website:

OrlandoCulvertDodgers.com

We hope to see you there!

The Festival Bay lake was not lost due to noise or anything other than demmands upon us and our guests that we could not and would not agree too. It is to bad that it came to that end but thats life and we now move forward.

Ron

76853[/snapback]

Holy cow... look at that! intlwaters racers are the best their are. I'm very glad to see you guys have figured out your differences..... wheew.... I almost had to lock down this post.

To concur with what Ron said, It always comes down to a lack of communication that most of these things happen.. We are all now together as a club, and look foward to the upcoming 2005 Winter Nats.

If you get a chance, please try to attend.

Brian

Latest posts

Back