2011 Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats correct.. im not a big fan of the track but ohh well..

julian
Quit yer bellyachin son ....shut up and drive beeotch !!! When are you arriving and did you get those tires put on yet ?? :)
He was telling me last night he may not be able to make it because of snow and a relative. I said you have a hummer a lil snow shouldn't stop you, load the truck with the relative and hit the road!

Last edited:
i might make it in on monday i hope if not tuesday Foley get ready to get my twin thrashing when i arrive will need your help and ralph ha ha..

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow is set up day. Getting close can't sleep keep racing in my head all night.

Keep dreaming of running on the 30' corner buoys. :blink:

Brutus is foaming at the mouth for a piece of buoy.
Is that 30' diameter or radius? It's a narrower course with longer straights, right?

30' from 1 to 5 and 6 to10 393 I think long.

Long and narrow. You will have to be fast and handle. This is a test of your set up for sure. No slacking on this course.

David

"30' from 1 to 5 and 6 to10 393 I think long."

Sounds like the San Diego Model Yacht Basin, except the SD site is salt water. Have a good time guys - Go Fast, Turn (tight) Right. Six Scale boats and no Sporty 40s. Long haul to come and race only Classic Thunderboat. You should have them covered in Scale, Ron. CHEERS !!! Bob

Sounds like the San Diego Model Yacht Basin, except the SD site is salt water. Have a good time guys - Go Fast, Turn (tight) Right. Six Scale boats and no Sporty 40s. Long haul to come and race only Classic Thunderboat. You should have them covered in Scale, Ron. CHEERS !!! Bob
I hope to try to change the Sport 40 issue as the season goes on Bob....try to bang the drum a little....its not like they dont exsist here and as i remember they are all faster than me!! :lol:

I hope to try to change the Sport 40 issue as the season goes on Bob....try to bang the drum a little....its not like they dont exsist here and as i remember they are all faster than me!! :lol:
Bill your sport 40 is a friggin missle !! Just hold the throttle wide open longer and no one can touch you ...NO ONE !!!!! The Mac 45 is ballistic and these **** sport 40 boats are **** near as fast as the riggers and look a hell of a lot better !! i might have to build one ................... :lol:

"The Mac 45 is ballistic and these **** sport 40 boats are **** near as fast as the riggers and look a hell of a lot better !! i might have to build one ......"

"Yep ..the past is great ...the ability to enjoy the future is better !!!"

I think that's a Great Idea Tom, give Bill someone to run with in Sport 40. They are a lot more fun to drive then one of the stick boats - Har, Har !!!. Let's talk about getting you into a Scale boat too. Get the numbers back up Bill, and maybe Rick Lamb and I will head East, stop in Atlanta, and drag Bellinger's arse down for next years Winter Nats. I have to get my Nitro fix at least once a year at a National event. Bellinger nagging me to go to the IMPBA Internats in Evansville 2011 with him, just so I can see more that 15 Scale boats at a contest for a change. Lets see - - Legg Lake .....Evansville - decisions, Decisions. Did I mention our youngest daughter and Grand kids live in Lakeside, CA.?? I know where one voting member will be pulling for. My Ct is fun, but every once in a while I need to hear a 67 in a Scale boat wind up and boogy !!!

Have a Great Race Guys. Tom - - Take no prisoners!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Bill your sport 40 is a friggin missle !! Just hold the throttle wide open longer and no one can touch you ...NO ONE !!!!! The Mac 45 is ballistic and these **** sport 40 boats are **** near as fast as the riggers and look a hell of a lot better !! i might have to build one ................... :lol:
Thanks my BROTHA!...it would be VERY cool if you did! :) Ive decided im gonna run the livin...... out of it..now that its over 6 YEARS OLD! :lol:

No reason you guys can't this season Bill. Rattle the cages and get on the phone.

Between you,

Jack

Robert

Don

Pickles &

Josh

All you guys put on a show , and have very impressive Sport 40's

Foley needs another boat like I need more bills - lol

You guys have a killer weekend of racing and do us less forunate D3 guys proud.

I will be out one of the days to help ya with Go Fast ..........

Andy

Andy, Josh doesnt run Sport40 any more he is runing Thunderboat, Ray sold the boat like a year ago.
Robert, even if we start off with 3 or 4 boats to make the class just to get it goin again, id be hopeful that people who used to run em would get interested again....thats what happened in some of the Hydro and Mono classes and the numbers in those classes are starting to look much, much better! The best thing that can happen is to get NEW blood in all the nitro classes as well! Bob, id hate to see any class that runs a model boat that looks like a real boat go away! :)

"Bob, id hate to see any class that runs a model boat that looks like a real boat go away! :) "

Amen Brother Bill !!!

When I got back into boating in San Diego in 1987 after returning from a tour of duty in Pearl Harbor, I decided that I would only run Sport 40 and Scale. Was able to enjoy that with Great numbers in California, and the numbers were still pretty good when I moved back to Florida in 1996. I have been in Texas since June 2003. In that period of time, I have seen Scale boats run exactly once - not one Sport 40 heat. I have put two Thomas SS45s together since I've been here for Rick and Jack. Russel built one, but subsequently got out of boats (Dave Berry now has this hull also). I built a new Top Gun IV from Jack's plans in 2006 - it has not even got wet as of today. We built Rick a Scale boat, I have a few, and I believe Joe Dugas, Louie and Vince Baumann, John Borden and Steve Muck still have Scale boats. I have built Rick and myself Classic Thunderboats (CT) that we first raced at the Reserve Nats. As the T-Shirt Bellinger sent me reads: " Paddle Faster... I'm hearing Banjos" !!! You keep pushing, I'll keep pushing, call Dave Berry - he has a whole Fleet of Sport 40s and Scale boats - just needs someone around Florahome, FL to partner up with - - and we'll GET THERE - eventually !!! Someone save me from gas fumes - I need to smell Nitro and Castor oil !!!

Have a Good time at the Winter Nats Bill. Silver tongue Foley into building a Sport 40 - "Try It - - You'll Like it !!!" CHEERS !!! Bob

"Bob, id hate to see any class that runs a model boat that looks like a real boat go away! :) "

Amen Brother Bill !!!

When I got back into boating in San Diego in 1987 after returning from a tour of duty in Pearl Harbor, I decided that I would only run Sport 40 and Scale. Was able to enjoy that with Great numbers in California, and the numbers were still pretty good when I moved back to Florida in 1996. I have been in Texas since June 2003. In that period of time, I have seen Scale boats run exactly once - not one Sport 40 heat. I have put two Thomas SS45s together since I've been here for Rick and Jack. Russel built one, but subsequently got out of boats (Dave Berry now has this hull also). I built a new Top Gun IV from Jack's plans in 2006 - it has not even got wet as of today. We built Rick a Scale boat, I have a few, and I believe Joe Dugas, Louie and Vince Baumann, John Borden and Steve Muck still have Scale boats. I have built Rick and myself Classic Thunderboats (CT) that we first raced at the Reserve Nats. As the T-Shirt Bellinger sent me reads: " Paddle Faster... I'm hearing Banjos" !!! You keep pushing, I'll keep pushing, call Dave Berry - he has a whole Fleet of Sport 40s and Scale boats - just needs someone around Florahome, FL to partner up with - - and we'll GET THERE - eventually !!! Someone save me from gas fumes - I need to smell Nitro and Castor oil !!!

Have a Good time at the Winter Nats Bill. Silver tongue Foley into building a Sport 40 - "Try It - - You'll Like it !!!" CHEERS !!! Bob
Bob, i believe i met Dave at a two day race in '08 or '09....SUPER nice guy....was really into scale boats, seems like he said something about getting back into it....kinda lost track of him...biggest problem i have is i like too many kinds of boats...was testing a 20 hydro today....do you have any idea how hard those things are to keep up with at speed?? :lol: eyes are goin, reaction time is goin...SO THIS IS WHAT GETTIN OLD IS ALL ABOUT!! :rolleyes: :lol: Ill work on Sir Thomas AKA "GO FAST"! :)

Well guys, Im ready to go to FL tomorrow. Lets have a lot of fun..... See you in a Few Hours....

Latest posts

Back