The Orlando Culvert Dodgers 31st Annual Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chilli. It was a good time and D12 made a great showing for sure. A spinout on the last lap by another tunnel I was lapping, cost me my first place in gas tunnel, but the new ML-Boatworks 480 made a solid showing. It is a rocket powered by Dick Loeb's Zenoah that was built by his good friend Donnie. Congrats to Brian for the win. I would also like to congratulate my pit buddies from D12, Buddy....Dick.....Carol....and Mike, on their final finishes and help this weekend, and a special thanks you to Dick for allowing me to run his P295 in FE. He setup a smoking FE Tunnel and it too was first overall until the submarine dive in the shootout in conditions resembling the Fall Nationals in Charleston last year.........;(

I guess the 2012 RC Boat Racing Season is officially underway............ ;) Congrats to all of the other winners as well.
Hate to hear bad luck got you Ron, who was it that spun out in front of you and what was he running(hull)? James
Thanks James. It was a yellow hull, looked kind of like a DPI. The guy driving it was Asian and spoke broken English. Seems his name was something like Yang or Yung????
Hung Ha was his name , he has been at the last two winternats .
I talked with him last year and gave him some parts for his gas tunnel to keep racing. So Ron, you say he spoke broken english? I asked him last year what he did for a living and he said he worked in a call center for Direct TV, He is a great guy and fun to toalk to, but can anyone relate? ? ?

Wise man once say-

"No need to pass slower boat with the lead you have (HAD) at hand azzhopper ;) :p :p :p

Andy
Had no choice candyazzhopper!!!!! Brian E. on my tail wanting first with his Joe Calagero outdrive unit, and he got it....... ;) It was a great 5 1/4 laps while it lasted.

Hasn't Foley got some boats that need to be cleaned since he returned from the Winternats??????........ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chilli. It was a good time and D12 made a great showing for sure. A spinout on the last lap by another tunnel I was lapping, cost me my first place in gas tunnel, but the new ML-Boatworks 480 made a solid showing. It is a rocket powered by Dick Loeb's Zenoah that was built by his good friend Donnie. Congrats to Brian for the win. I would also like to congratulate my pit buddies from D12, Buddy....Dick.....Carol....and Mike, on their final finishes and help this weekend, and a special thanks you to Dick for allowing me to run his P295 in FE. He setup a smoking FE Tunnel and it too was first overall until the submarine dive in the shootout in conditions resembling the Fall Nationals in Charleston last year.........;(

I guess the 2012 RC Boat Racing Season is officially underway............ ;) Congrats to all of the other winners as well.
Hate to hear bad luck got you Ron, who was it that spun out in front of you and what was he running(hull)? James
Thanks James. It was a yellow hull, looked kind of like a DPI. The guy driving it was Asian and spoke broken English. Seems his name was something like Yang or Yung????
Hung Ha was his name , he has been at the last two winternats .

Hung Ha, yep that was it. Thanks Foley. Not his fault. He was racing like the rest of us...... :)

Mike Culhane a class act all the way,it was a pleasure to meet an race with you..

Thanks Dick an Carol

Wise man once say-

"No need to pass slower boat with the lead you have (HAD) at hand azzhopper ;) :p :p :p

Andy
Had no choice candyazzhopper!!!!! Brian E. on my tail wanting first with his Joe Calagero outdrive unit, and he got it....... ;) It was a great 5 1/4 laps while it lasted.

Hasn't Foley got some boats that need to be cleaned since he returned from the Winternats??????........ ;)
I'm still not done !!! Good to see you guys !

Mike Culhane a class act all the way,it was a pleasure to meet an race with you..

Thanks Dick an Carol

A little birdie told me what Mike Culhane did at the awards ceremony. Yes he is a class act and a lot of fun to race and hang around. You have to watch him though as he likes to "stir the pot", right Mike?????............hahahahahahahaha.

It was good to see you guys as well Foley. If Andy doesn't show up to help you finish cleaning your boats, just let me know!!!................. :ph34r:

What a great race indeed. Though I ran mostly gas I had a great time. I hung out with my fellow virgin islanders as well as meeting new people and old friends as well. People like Tom foley. As for the racing... My 20 mono won 1st on all 4 rounds and the shootout. That was great. I also won the shootout in gx1 cat and 2nd in gx1 hydro. Thanks to all who put that race on! Lots of hard work and the retrieve boat drivers did an awesome job as well.

Are the results posted ?
Results????

I have no problem waiting a few days, but I sure hope they get posted online at some point.....
I'm sure it will be posted ...everyone is still exhausted after 6 - 7 days of 5-6 AM till 11 pm or more ...MUCH MORE !!
Indeed a HUGE event that exhausted everyone especially the hosts. I am sure the Orlando folks were still out there Monday squaring stuff away, then probobly had to take it all back home and put it away. It will take at least a week to walk that race off. They must have at at least a half mile of fencing and PA cable to roll up. not to mention a half ton of garbage, etc etc etc ...

As previously stated- I'm sure after this event the HANDFUL of people that made this possible will need a well deserved break - For those awaiting results be patient- You have NO CLUE what these guys pulled off :eek: I can only hope All the round scores will be posted when and if they are-

There are MANY that raced their azzes off all week, only to have a little bad luck in the shootout-(ask me how I know :huh: )and vice versa,

was a hell of a race, once again thanks OCD ;)

Andy

Clean up of the fence and every thing else will happen this weekend. It's not over till the fence is in the conex.

Dang I'm still beat.

Wane will get it posted as soon as he can. the shoot out format of the race made for a scoring challenge.

This was the first time it was used with the program use and there where a few glitches.

It will take a little time to sort it out.

David

Dave, if you guys need a hand , give me a shout- Im off this week and would be MORE than happy to help out.

LMK .You have the number ;)

Andy

OCD wants to thank everyone for participating in the 2012 Winter Nats. From what I have read it seems everyone had a good time. It was our pleasure to provide all of you with the BBQ and band and we are glad you enjoyed it as well.

I must say this is the hardest the OCD crew has ever had to work in the 3 years I have been President of the club. The club being a couple of members down and our CD Randy bailing on us didn't help any. All the OCD members worked their azzes off putting in 14+ hour days without complaining. They knew what they had to do and did it very well. I want to thank the OCD crew myself and congratulate them on a job well done. Scoring this race was a real challenge and kept Tammy & I up until 2 or 3 am every night to make sure we were ready to rock-n-roll the next morning. I didn't realize it until the race was over but we put in 61 hours in 3 days!! We don't work that long at our real jobs in a week. LOL! I've got to tell you it was worth it knowing you all had a good time. I want to thank my wife for all her hard work before and during the race and a special thanks to my right hand man Scott Yaeger for all his hard work before and during the race and Scott's girlfriend Julie for being a big help during the race. A big thank you goes out to Dave Miller & Joe Calogero for pulling up the slack. You were both a very big help. Thanks to John Otto and Sergio Perez for calling some heats for us and Chris Bellinger for the help turn judging . Your help was greatly appreciated.

Once again Thanks to all the racers and we will see you next year at the 2013 Winter Nats

PS Norm....it was 1500 pounds of trash. LOL!!!

Wayne the nice meal provided by the "Food Dude " was outstanding and of course the band was jamming as usual . Saturday night was a big highlight for me with those two deals and then the "Think Tank " we had down at our pit dicussing all things RC and solving the worlds problems was great LOL !! Thanks again .

I want to also thank Wayne & the OCD crew for allowing us to host their race at our facility this year, we hope everyone liked the lake, the course and the setup...we will continue to improve and build on what we have. A good time was had by all and we look forward to attracting some new racers from across the country to our own club races in the future...stay tuned.

Wayne, Glad to finally get to come to Florida & Boat with your Guys! Thank God... you have Tammy to keep you straight & Dave Miller Done a Great Job calling the Race after the fall out with anderson..... We will be Back!!!

Latest posts

Back