The Orlando Culvert Dodgers 31st Annual Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Albert Araujo won both twin nitro and twin gas/ nitro.

Crapshooter/CMB 80/Sholund props,

Great job Albert!

Nitro Nub

I must tip my hat to the Orlando Club for one hell of a great race , a small amount of hands took on a tough task and pulled it off B)

Good job to all the people that made it happen- GREAT RACE !!!!!

X-Mono Heat 2.

I was down on motor all week but managed 2- 2nds and 2- 3rds only to dump the boat in the Shootout. :(

Thats racing ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nocUP7nPOxI
The Shootout was a "tip toe" deal wind blowing on an angle across the lake.. EVERYONE in our pit was in it and all went out and had to go to get boats from the chase boat crew.. :( Anyone who won it really did a VERY good job getting around dead boats on a very rough race course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great racing and a big effort by the Orlando and Gulf Coast clubs , and RC Racing Events to prepare the race site and keep 6 days and nights of Racing and Partying moving . I had a blast racing and hanging out with some really great people ! Good times for sure !! THANKS !!

CONGRATS BARBARA!!!!!

WOW what a race. I'm at work and still wound up! Thanks to Wayne,Tammy,Lupe,David and all the Orlando gang for putting on a great race. You guys and gals worked your tails off. Had a blast.

2010 Winternats - Barb 1st place 40 mono, Ed 2nd place 20 mono.

2012 Winternats - Barb 1st in 40 mono, Ed 2nd again in 20 mono.

(the ride home is getting rough to take LOL)

We fattened evrything up sand baging - just a little - in the first 4 heats to make sure we got in the shoot out.

20 hauling till the pipe bracket broke on lap 4 of the shoot out - hit the prop taking off 1 blade. Finished second with 2 blades of a three bladded prop left and the pipe hanging on by the coupler - WHEW.

Leaned that CMB .45 down, for the shootout, Barb hit the start perfect, nailed the buoys perfect and she never looked back! What a drive Hon. I'm proud of you!!

I personally really liked the Shootout Format. It provided great interest in the final heat. Just wish that the water had not gotten real rough. Would have liked to see good racing action rather than survival. Learned a bunch. Will have to work on my boats some for rough water conditions. :)

2012 rockets, Wnats! 018.jpgHad a GREAT time! Hard to believe so few people could put on such a large race so well......David and Brian, GREAT job manning the retrieve boats, the race simply doesnt happen without you guys....you worked your butts off! It was so good to see the many nice people i havent seen in a long time....Buddy, the fried catfish was AWESOME! Tom, Andy, and Jeremy, it was great pitting with you guys! The dinner Saturday night was really nice...i was STUFFED! Here,s a few pics...i never seem to take as many as id like to..........2012 rockets, Wnats! 023.jpg2012 rockets, Wnats! 027.jpg2012 rockets, Wnats! 028.jpg2012 rockets, Wnats! 029.jpg2012 rockets, Wnats! 019.jpg

CONGRATS BARBARA!!!!!

WOW what a race. I'm at work and still wound up! Thanks to Wayne,Tammy,Lupe,David and all the Orlando gang for putting on a great race. You guys and gals worked your tails off. Had a blast.

2010 Winternats - Barb 1st place 40 mono, Ed 2nd place 20 mono.

2012 Winternats - Barb 1st in 40 mono, Ed 2nd again in 20 mono.

(the ride home is getting rough to take LOL)

We fattened evrything up sand baging - just a little - in the first 4 heats to make sure we got in the shoot out.

20 hauling till the pipe bracket broke on lap 4 of the shoot out - hit the prop taking off 1 blade. Finished second with 2 blades of a three bladded prop left and the pipe hanging on by the coupler - WHEW.

Leaned that CMB .45 down, for the shootout, Barb hit the start perfect, nailed the buoys perfect and she never looked back! What a drive Hon. I'm proud of you!!
Ed/Barb,

Congrats to both of you again. It was great seeing you after all the years have passed, and that you can still find the winners circle............ ;) Hopefully we will see you in Hotlanta!!!!........ ;)

Thanks Chilli. It was a good time and D12 made a great showing for sure. A spinout on the last lap by another tunnel I was lapping, cost me my first place in gas tunnel, but the new ML-Boatworks 480 made a solid showing. It is a rocket powered by Dick Loeb's Zenoah that was built by his good friend Donnie. Congrats to Brian for the win. I would also like to congratulate my pit buddies from D12, Buddy....Dick.....Carol....and Mike, on their final finishes and help this weekend, and a special thanks you to Dick for allowing me to run his P295 in FE. He setup a smoking FE Tunnel and it too was first overall until the submarine dive in the shootout in conditions resembling the Fall Nationals in Charleston last year.........;(

I guess the 2012 RC Boat Racing Season is officially underway............ ;) Congrats to all of the other winners as well.
Hate to hear bad luck got you Ron, who was it that spun out in front of you and what was he running(hull)? James

Link to the results?

Thanks.
Wayne told me today that 'If you wanted to know who won, You should have been here.'

I think that means he's not gonna post the scores.

PS* P-Ltd would have had a differnt outcome had I raced instead of being in the trailer all weekend! My boat never made it off the shelf.

:)

/B

Thats too bad about the scores it adds alot to the race if your scores are posted for all to see, who did what to who HA.

Maybe after he recovers he will add them to the rcracing events.

Thanks Chilli. It was a good time and D12 made a great showing for sure. A spinout on the last lap by another tunnel I was lapping, cost me my first place in gas tunnel, but the new ML-Boatworks 480 made a solid showing. It is a rocket powered by Dick Loeb's Zenoah that was built by his good friend Donnie. Congrats to Brian for the win. I would also like to congratulate my pit buddies from D12, Buddy....Dick.....Carol....and Mike, on their final finishes and help this weekend, and a special thanks you to Dick for allowing me to run his P295 in FE. He setup a smoking FE Tunnel and it too was first overall until the submarine dive in the shootout in conditions resembling the Fall Nationals in Charleston last year.........;(

I guess the 2012 RC Boat Racing Season is officially underway............ ;) Congrats to all of the other winners as well.
Hate to hear bad luck got you Ron, who was it that spun out in front of you and what was he running(hull)? James
Thanks James. It was a yellow hull, looked kind of like a DPI. The guy driving it was Asian and spoke broken English. Seems his name was something like Yang or Yung????

Thanks James. It was a yellow hull, looked kind of like a DPI. The guy driving it was Asian and spoke broken English. Seems his name was something like Yang or Yung????
Hung Ha was his name , he has been at the last two winternats .

Wise man once say-

"No need to pass slower boat with the lead you have (HAD) at hand azzhopper ;) :p :p :p

Andy

Latest posts

Back