Miss Circus Circus WOF Build thread for Fast Electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I have just not had time to work on the boat for quite sometime. I got my turn fin tho. I have been trying to build some boats for others lately, and about 5 tunnel boats for Charleston, so its been busy. I hope sometime soon to get back on this. Just look for the thread to be updated when the time comes! Mike

Update!

Well, I just got back from the vinyl shop. Got my miller decals done, and they turned out great! I worked up all the decal sizes on autocad, and gave them a fully ready file for printing. I attached a bmp file showing what it looked like on paper, and then the final printout pic from the vinyl shop. They also cut me strips of red for the pinstriping fineline in red, and they ordered a green that matchs the Imron green required almost perfectly. Once the green arrives, they will cut strips the proper width so I can drop it right on the boat. So I only need the white and gold colors in basecoat to do the project now. Im pretty excited. Mike

MillerPDFDecalsSolid.jpg

IMGP1223Large.jpg

I'm watching this build with much curiousity and envy! After building 15 boats i can say this is a very skilled build and i like the techniques i have seen!.....

I interested in the sponson sheeting ideas i have always used glass on inside to hold and reinforce!.... did you cover the whole inside after useing thin ply sheeting?

what weight glass did you use? I'm doing a thunderboat now and am considering useing this technique!

Great build........Looks awesome. can't wait to see it finished! Will you market your patterns and make your epoxy glass parts for sale? the exhaust stack is nice.....

Big AL D4

Big Al and Hydro Junkie,

I did use 6oz glass on the inside of the thin ply on the sponsons, and it is very solid. I got my turn fin from Dick Tyndall, so I should be getting back on this build sooner than later. My next part of this project is the front canard placement, and rear wing bracket placement. The epoxy exhaust stack and the epoxy cowling will both be available at some point soon. The person making the cowling has decided to do a brand new mold that will be perfect and flawless, and I am just letting him take his time getting it perfect. He will not settle for less. Let me put it this way, he worked for an independent test firm, and one of his tests was strength testing long range warhead missles, and the Mars rover lander...Can you say attention to detail! Anyways, hope to have this back up and running soon. I finally cleared out all of my boat orders from the garage, and I plan to focus on my own builds at this point on for a while. Mike

This build is heating up again! I will have the epoxy cowling hopefully next week, my epoxy turbine tube is of course ready, and I just ordered Phil Thomas Epoxy over foam fin and wing set. I also made the front canards from scratch over the weekend. I hope to share pics of all this stuff over the next couple of weeks! I want this boat done soon. Mike

Well, my guy is suppose to ship the first cowling next week! I can make the turbine tubes whenever as I make them myself. I don't know the price on the cowlings just yet, I will ask him as soon as he gets the first pulled. The turbine tubes will be $45.00 shipped. I hope to have some updates VERY soon. I am awaiting Phil Thomas to make my epoxy fins and rear wing. He said he will be shipping them probably tomorrow, or the next day. Once they arrive, I will show off all that I have going on. The front canards turned out really nice. Solid balsa shaped to size with epoxy cloth covering. Fit great! More soon, Mike

Well, my guy is suppose to ship the first cowling next week! I can make the turbine tubes whenever as I make them myself. I don't know the price on the cowlings just yet, I will ask him as soon as he gets the first pulled. The turbine tubes will be $45.00 shipped. I hope to have some updates VERY soon. I am awaiting Phil Thomas to make my epoxy fins and rear wing. He said he will be shipping them probably tomorrow, or the next day. Once they arrive, I will show off all that I have going on. The front canards turned out really nice. Solid balsa shaped to size with epoxy cloth covering. Fit great! More soon, Mike
looking good..

Well, because of the interest, I have taken a couple pics of the new stuff that I have done while awaiting my Phil Thomas glass wing and fins set. Turn fin from Dick Tyndall added, and the front canards made. Enjoy!

IMGP1299Large.jpg

IMGP1300Large.jpg

IMGP1301Large.jpg

Well, because of the interest, I have taken a couple pics of the new stuff that I have done while awaiting my Phil Thomas glass wing and fins set. Turn fin from Dick Tyndall added, and the front canards made. Enjoy!

IMGP1299Large.jpg

IMGP1300Large.jpg

IMGP1301Large.jpg
looks great.. simler frame work as my dumas sport40 eagle..

That is coming very soon. I just spent the last two hours doing that on the atlas build! Lost a LOT of weight.

Lost about 3oz of weight last night removing some of the framing guts. Not a lot, but the full hull only weight 4.6lbs now with the turn fin installed. The cowling will add about a 1/2lb total in epoxy. So I am thinking the finished weight with hardware , minus electronics and batteries might come in around 6-7lbs??? Should be ok. Mike

IMGP1304Large.jpg

IMGP1305Large.jpg

Here are some new ones. Got some more of the holes cut out, and got my Phil Thomas wing set..Top notch! To the winglets added back to the rear of the non trip, got the Fin brackets added, and top deck trimmed a little more. Also glued in the front canard assembly. Enjoy, Mike

Oh, I also found out my Circus cowling in epoxy will be done this week. I also got some preliminary pricing on the cowling, the windshield he is offering, and I already mentioned my turbine tube. For those interested, PM me.

IMGP1328Large.jpg

IMGP1329Large.jpg

IMGP1330Large.jpg

IMGP1331Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back