Miss Circus Circus WOF Build thread for Fast Electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good question. Do the newton plans show the shoes, or is it a performance enhancer that people do? I will have to look into that! Mike

Wow, Awesome pic! I have never seen that angle before! Good work. I will have to consider adding those for sure. Mike

Someone posted a picture of the boat that showed the shoes. Let me see if I have it....................yup :)

Check out the bottom against the airtraps at the boat's transom
Dont know if this one helps you or not.

Can email a bigger shot of it- lmk.

Circus Bottom2 .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the picture. Here are some more of the build. Getting close now, Mike

DSCF5001.jpg

DSCF5003.jpg

DSCF5004.jpg

IMGP1541.jpg

Its where the two battery packs will sit. Lot of weight and a seam line on the bottom sheeting, so its just to be safe.

Ok, here goes! The urethane primer, and block sanding begins! This was right after spraying the first coat of primer. Now comes the fun part, prime, sand, touch up low spots, prime, sand, check, then start some paint! Enjoy! Mike

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Hydro, I still have to paint the wings, and cowling. Epoxy parts= pinholes, so I have a few more to remove, then I can move forward. Soon tho, soon! Mike

Well, after a total redo of the paints, here are some updated pics. Still have to do more blue pinstripe, and paint the medium pinks, and add the rest of the decals. Mike

Here are some pics. I hope to get more painted tonight. Mike

DSCF5009.jpg

DSCF5010.jpg

DSCF5011.jpg

DSCF5004-2.jpg

DSCF5006.jpg

DSCF5007.jpg

OK, So I am not sure I explained what had happened with the paint work from way above. I had the hull painted with spray can pinks, and when I added an Intercoat clear, it burned all the spray can paint. I talked to the buyer of the boat, and he decided lets just do this with a true automotive basecoat. So, I picked up 3 specktramaster pinks from the local dupont dealer, and here is what we have. I have to redo the dark pink on the front of the cowling on the left side as it doesnt match the blend line with the hull. I will be doing that tomorrow evening, and then doing the clearcoat on the hull. Hopefully that will go well, and I can soon call this finished. It is really looking nice, and I am really proud of what this 7 month project is becoming. Enjoy, and hopefully tomorrow night, I can share a clearcoated, glossy finish! Mike

Oh, if the pictures look better tonight, its because my wife pulled out her DSLR and went to work taking the pics. She was excited as I am!

IMGP0611.jpg

IMGP0610.jpg

IMGP0612.jpg

IMGP0615.jpg

IMGP0617.jpg

IMGP0613.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back