July 16-17 Gene Taylor / John Hall Memorial Invitalional Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to the Huntsville Model Boaters for a great race, and congratulations to the "Knoxville Gang" for winning the following trophies:

Sport 40 (3rd place)

1/8 Scale (3rd place)

LSG Cat (1st and 2nd place)

LSG Sport Hydro (1st and 2nd place)

E Hydro (1st place)

Open Mono (1st and 2nd place)

Open Hydro (1st and 2nd place)

Multi Engine Gene Taylor / John Hall traveling trophy

Scale Concourse Award

Many Thanks to the Huntsville Club for getting this race back. They did an exceptional job at making everyone feel welcome. Also, thanks to all the drivers that could make it that provided some very good competition. I hope that someone can post pics of some of the action. Alot of fast boats. Doc's E Hydro was a bullet.

Rick

Thanks guys.

I feel like we did a good job and all the members did a fine job. And to hear you all give us a at-a-boy says it all. Thanks for everyone that help out a little in the retrieve boat and in other areas.

You racers helped a lot by being ready to go when we said go and with a small group of racers with a lot of boats makes for a don't slow down race and no lost motion.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Thanks guys.

I feel like we did a good job and all the members did a fine job. And to hear you all give us a at-a-boy says it all. Thanks for everyone that help out a little in the retrieve boat and in other areas.

You racers helped a lot by being ready to go when we said go and with a small group of racers with a lot of boats makes for a don't slow down race and no lost motion.

Thanks again for all of your support.
Has a great time Huntsville, we should start thinking about next year Already.thanks to all the

Good friends and fun.lets do it again!!!

Mark Ward

We appreciate everyone coming to our race in Humtsville. The competiton was great as well as the competitors. We really appreciate the help with retrieving. I think Mark Bullard and David Hall who did most of the work hit a home run. Doc

I for one only heard positive comments about the race, the location and the people. (Ok the weather had some bad words said for it, but that is the only item we can not control!) It was a blast, hard work and much pressure on the Huntsville club to not only hold the race but keep it moving and not allow the pace to tail off. David Hall ran the CD like a well oiled machine, I do not recall anytime the CD calling out for someone to go get the dead boats, in fact most times the workers were getting into the boat seconds after the last boat died! Keeping the delays down is what allowed us to do the full 5 rounds. John Equi, Mark Bullard, Bill Zuber, Jon Thibodeau, Doc Turner, Larry Woods, Walt Barney, and others all pitched in and worked at whatever needed to be done. Teamwork made this event work so smooth!

GREAT JOB GUYS!

District 5 is back on the map, and I see this house growing stronger with each passing day!

Paul

I for one only heard positive comments about the race, the location and the people. (Ok the weather had some bad words said for it, but that is the only item we can not control!) It was a blast, hard work and much pressure on the Huntsville club to not only hold the race but keep it moving and not allow the pace to tail off. David Hall ran the CD like a well oiled machine, I do not recall anytime the CD calling out for someone to go get the dead boats, in fact most times the workers were getting into the boat seconds after the last boat died! Keeping the delays down is what allowed us to do the full 5 rounds. John Equi, Mark Bullard, Bill Zuber, Jon Thibodeau, Doc Turner, Larry Woods, Walt Barney, and others all pitched in and worked at whatever needed to be done. Teamwork made this event work so smooth!

GREAT JOB GUYS!

District 5 is back on the map, and I see this house growing stronger with each passing day!

Paul

As you said the great D5 is back. Amen!!!

Most of the usual compliments have been posted.Also the smaller group gave you a chance to talk with everyone.I believe the race will grow back to its former event status with all the good reviews.I developed a bad back a few months ago,and was hoping to relax.With 8 guys from Knoxville all helping each other,helping on the retrieve boat,5 rounds,and finishing early Sunday afternoon,there wasn't much time to sit down.There was nothing slow about the weekend.Yet if someome had back to back heats or needed to do an emergency repair,everything worked out.

Again a great racing weekend.

Harvey Liberman

GREAT JOB GUYS!

Paul

congrats jose looks like you were running good!

GREAT JOB GUYS!

Paul

You can tell when a pair of 101 motors are hooked up and making horsepower Jose had it goin on........... Graham also had a couple of good heats

GREAT JOB GUYS!

Paul

You can tell when a pair of 101 motors are hooked up and making horsepower Jose had it goin on........... Graham also had a couple of good heats
Thanks Sammy,

Thanks Mikey,

We ran well this weekend and thanks to Glenn Bauman and Grant Bauman. They help me with the boat all weekend. Hope to see you guys soon.

Jose

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great to see everyone down here again I think one of the things that is so neat about the Huntsville location the great support we get from the city of Huntsville they actually care about the events that are hosted in Huntsville and realize the tourist dollars that are spent during an event. I found this out when my job got moved down here 13 years ago. The city always had a big reception for all of the groups that hosted bit events and they actually mentioned how the Huntsville Model Boating Club has brought in pretty good sized events for over 20 years. Great site and place to run boats.

had a great time good weather good racing met new people and saw some old friends good competion next year i think i will run for that big piece of wood thanks to the huntsville club. :D :D

had a great time good weather good racing met new people and saw some old friends good competion next year i think i will run for that big piece of wood thanks to the huntsville club. :D :D

That will be fine Buddy. That big piece of wood is hard to get and hang on to with all the good boats we have in the district. Glad you had a good time. But you need to tell everyone how many trophies you took home.

That will be fine Buddy. That big piece of wood is hard to get and hang on to with all the good boats we have in the district. Glad you had a good time. But you need to tell everyone how many trophies you took home.
I will tell you how many TOO DAM MANY Buddy was in bout every class. And he kicked some booty

I will tell you how many TOO DAM MANY Buddy was in bout every class. And he kicked some booty

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Congrats to Jose for obtaining the Hall/Taylor Twin Traveling award. Mark is correct IMPBA Dist #5 has some Fast Boats within its own District. Wish we could have be there to race too.

here goes 20 mono 1st perfect score.with speedmaster. 20 hydro 1st,with whiplash. 40 hydro 1st with pt- sport 40 sport 40 2nd with pt-sport40 open tunnel 1st with woodstuff hull.classic thunderboat 2nd, with aeromarine hull, thats all had a good weekend. :D :D :D

here goes 20 mono 1st perfect score.with speedmaster. 20 hydro 1st,with whiplash. 40 hydro 1st with pt- sport 40 sport 40 2nd with pt-sport40 open tunnel 1st with woodstuff hull.classic thunderboat 2nd, with aeromarine hull, thats all had a good weekend. :D :D :D
Glad you had a good weekend. :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back