July 16-17 Gene Taylor / John Hall Memorial Invitalional Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Bullard

Here is the new race flyer for the Gene Taylor / John Hall Memorial Invitational.

For the new dates of July 16 - 17. I am leaving the racers list as is but I need updates on your entries. So if you plan to attend please let David Hall or myself know with a PM. I will correct the list as I find out.

This is one if the best sites in the country. We invite everyone to come and lets have a great race.

I have update the entry list to what I know and don't know. If your name is there and should not be or if you want it there and it is not let me know.

So you want to come down to Huntsville in July for the race and need a room? No problem! With the hard work of Bill "Mr. Coupon" Zuber the LaQuinta has offered discount rooms for the race. ($49/night!) In order to reserve a room call the La Quinta Group Reservations Department at 256-533-0756. Please ask for LA QUINTA INN HUNTSVILLE SPACE CENTER and Group#: 200. Please also state the room type that you are requesting, arrival and departure dates as well as smoking preference by 1 July 2011. After this date the rooms will be released to make room for other guests and future reservations will be subject to rate and availability.

B Hydro

Doc Turner

Mark Bullard

Walt Barney

Paul Traufler

Rocky Will

Jeff Schindler

Mike Schindler

Buddy Lowe

Glover Jeffcoat

Andrew St.Amant

D Hydro

Doc Turner

Mark Bullard

Walt Barney

Paul Traufler

Graham Lathan

Rocky Will

Buddy Lowe

E Hydro

Doc Turner

Rick Doane

Bill Zuber

Will Gallagher

Graham Lathan

F Hydro

Doc Turner

Paul Traufler

Rick Doane

Graham Lathan

Will Gallagher

Julian Conde

Multi Engine Nitro Hydro

Doc Turner

Mark Bullard

Joe Warren

Will Gallagher

Julian Conde

Richard Zimmerman

Jose Ortiz

Graham Lathan

Sport 40

Harvey Liberman

Jeff Schindler

Mike Schindler

Richard Zimmerman

Buddy Lowe

1/8 Scale

Harvey Liberman

Bill Zuber

Mike Schindler

Jeff schindler

20 SPORT Tunnel

Bill Zuber

Rocky Will

Jeff Schindler

Mike Schindler

20 MOD Tunnel

Julian Conde

Buddy Lowe

Open Tunnel

Larry Wood

Julian Conde

Rocky Will

Mike Schindler

Paul Traufler

Buddy Lowe

B Mono

Grant Bauman

Mark Ward

Walt Barney

Larry Wood

Richard Zimmerman

Buddy Lowe

Open Mono

Doc Turner

Glen Bauman

Mark Ward

Terry Rogers

Paul Shank

Scott King

Jose Ortiz

Glover Jeffcoat

Andrew St.Amant

LSG27 Cat

Mark Ward

Paul Shank

Larry Wood

Don Brown

Bob Davis

LSG27 Sport Hydro

Terry Rogers

Mark Ward

Walt Barney

Jose Ortiz

Buddy Lowe

Scott King

Classic Thunderboat

Harvey Liberman

Buddy Lowe

Mike Schindler

Don Brown

Open Hydro

Doc Turner

Mark Bullard

Bill Zuber

Rick Doane

Paul Traufler

Julian Conde

Will Gallagher

Richard Zimmerman

Mark Ward

Jose Ortiz

David Hall

Graham Lathan

2011 HSV Invite R2.pdf

Attachments

• 2011 HSV Invite R2.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
This is great News....... We plan to be there & will Donate a Super Nice F Mono ShootOut Award to Give away to the WINNER of the F mono class......

Count me in for Twin Engine Rigger, F Hydro, F Mono, & Sport Gas Hydro.

did you guys read the flier??? OPEN Mono!!!
OPEN MONO or F MONO ALL GOOD !!!!! Those cord pullers cant keep up with the new RS101 Anywayyyyyyyyy....... :blink: :lol: :lol:

Huntsville "Kids Category" back when. The little one in green in the middle is "Javi", my boy. He is now in his 2nd college year. Hopefully an attorney on the making.

"Kids Rule". I see a Barney and a Gerhart in this picture. Can't remember the other three. Name them dudes guys, they are adults now!!!

kidsgroup1.jpg

Huntsville "Kids Category" back when. The little one in green in the middle is "Javi", my boy. He is now in his 2nd college year. Hopefully an attorney on the making.

"Kids Rule". I see a Barney and a Gerhart in this picture. Can't remember the other three. Name them dudes guys, they are adults now!!!

kidsgroup1.jpg
The first kid on the left is Cole, my grandson, he is now 6' 2" and 180 lbs and now is working on his drivers license He turned 16 in march and must have 100 hrs of driving before he can get his perment lic.

Walt Barney

Huntsville has been the site of many outstanding races. The facility is by far one of the best in the country. It is going to be one of the first races in the spring. So you guys in the north may still be thawing out so come South to get your props wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We have an LED clock, plenty of parking and in door toilets. The pit area is one of the best in the country. If you have a 90mph heat racing hydro, Huntsville is where you can let the PROP EAT. Probably more records have been set at Huntsville than any other pond. I have seen Andy set many records at the pond. So get your entries in.

Here's Bullard and Turner at the pond back around 2001 timeframe..

spring32.jpg

Here's Sonny Barret teaching Joe Warren how to do it.

Fall_6.jpg
Sonny Barrett always let me in on the Hot Secrets!!!! This pic we actually may have been talking about Lunch?? :lol: :eek: :huh: OR He thought Gartlis Sucked & he was a Bill Elliott Fan....... I Forgot the skeleton heads (offshore Drivers) had been around for that long ????? that was about 2001 2002??

I remember those days. Joe was always helping Sonny keep his boats running.

There is no better place than Huntsville for a race. Every aspect from retrieve boats, to in door air conditioned CLEAN flush toilets, to reasonable hotels and an LED clock. Also to have a standard heat racing format in the region is a plus. Those that like a shoot out, the Huntsville club were the originators of the concept with the twin event and it is in play this year. So everyone needs to get their entries in early. Those that would like to bring the family, Huntsville has the Space and Rocket Center which is a great place to see and it is just down the road from the lake. Doc.

Yep there has been some very good races and time trials at Huntsville. Think about it, six IMPBA Internats in Huntsville, Alabama and the first 100mph record ever set by timing equipment. What a record of events, no other lake as every been able to come close. So get your plans made early for this race.

Great time of the year to have a race. 2 weeks behind Atlanta But infront of Evansville May Race. We Normally can get back into the water Mid April. Should have the cobb webs blowed out Just in time to race!! :p For those that Have Not Raced for the GENE TAYLOR TWIN HYDRO traveling AWARD? IT is worth the trip........ Several of Gene`s Personal awards were disassembled & replated to build this Fine Award. I suspect it will be heavily contested for Again in 2011. Bring your A Game. You will Need it....

The race flier looks AWESOME. Great job Paul!!!!!!. The quality of the flier is representative of the quality of the site and the race. DOC

This is great News....... We plan to be there & will Donate a Super Nice F Mono ShootOut Award to Give away to the WINNER of the F mono class......
well I guess I might have to keep my f-mono now, I haven't won a first place f-mono in Huntsville since 2005. go ahead Joe and get

her ready and all shinny I like it to shine . :p

Mark

Latest posts

Back