*** 2013 Atlanta Spring Nats Final Results ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMB, Very enjoyable!!! Thank you all for all your hard work. Pick up boat operators - - I'm sorry I exercised you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much with my Scale and Classic Thunderboats. Thanks for keeping your sense of humor !!! "Stormin' Norman" Morton -- I still believe I deserved 'Style Points' for my own acrobatics - in addition to those of my Scale boat. You're a tough, but fair Judge, My Friend. I enjoyed meeting you and your guys. Good conversation and excellent laughs. I shall look forward to attending next year. I'll be "Stylin' next year" - Har, Har, Har!!! Great job Doug and Rick. You're open game now Doug - - stand bye for INCOMING !!!! Again AMB et all - - Thank you. CHEERS !!! Bob P.S. I now know what "Pine Crack" is. Next year - - - "Self contained, closed loop, Breathing Device !!!!!

Contrags to Stan Simpson for D hydro :ph34r: what kind of rigger? and engine.45? thanks Allan

Great race AMBs, the race call was great and very proffetional. Lamar, Rick, Doug, Norman, and the rest of the crew of the AMB was great, especially Mrs. Wendy and the score keepers keeping up with one of the most important aspects of the race. One of the most important aspects of a good race is going after dead boats quickly, you guys did great. Most importantly the emphasis in safety issues during the race was highly noted by me, and appreciated. Last but not least congratulations go to "THE CANNIBAl" Chuck Simmons for winning the 2013 Twin Shootout.

Jose "Piston1" Ortiz

Last edited by a moderator:
Contrags to Stan Simpson for D hydro :ph34r: what kind of rigger? and engine.45? thanks Allan
JAE...CMB Rs 45...CMB non-muffled pipe...Technology Fuel 60%...Andy Brown 1462 cut down prop...and a David Prusse turn fin

JAE...CMB Rs 45...CMB non-muffled pipe...Technology Fuel 60%...Andy Brown 1462 cut down prop
:blink: I thought that you did use NR46 but like CMB45RS thanks for info
The NR 46 is a strong motor also...the rigger that I have is made for the "SHORT" block CMB,and I do not want to change it. I am building a new JAE 45 rig,and I will be playing with them both.
Thx for the comment David,she does turn up real nice. I have not forgotten about those pics I am suppose to send you... :)

JAE...CMB Rs 45...CMB non-muffled pipe...Technology Fuel 60%...Andy Brown 1462 cut down prop
:blink: I thought that you did use NR46 but like CMB45RS thanks for info
The NR 46 is a strong motor also...the rigger that I have is made for the "SHORT" block CMB,and I do not want to change it. I am building a new 45 rig,and I will be playing with them both.
Thx for the comment David,she does turn up real nice. I have not forgotten about those pics I am suppose to send you... :)
Will see you at the race this weekend.

Bring one with you better than a pic. :)

I would like to thank Ralph Almirola (Road Runner Boats) for building me, Joe Warren ( War Racing) for bring me to life, Stu Barr ( CMB/Crapshooter Boats) for giving me a heart, Steve Wood (Wood R/C Products) For Brass brains & Header mill work. Walt Barney (Tanks 4 U) for giving me capacity to breathe. Mark Sholund (Prop 4 U) for the Blades to go Fast. And John Otto (Technology Fuels) as the blood that pulsed through my body.

Thank you all for being the vendors and suppliers that gave me life for a very emotional win for my owner and driver.

THE CANNIBAL

I would like to thank Ralph Almirola (Road Runner Boats) for building me, Joe Warren ( War Racing) for bring me to life, Stu Barr ( CMB/Crapshooter Boats) for giving me a heart, Steve Wood (Wood R/C Products) For Brass brains & Header mill work. Walt Barney (Tanks 4 U) for giving me capacity to breathe. Mark Sholund (Prop 4 U) for the Blades to go Fast. And John Otto (Technology Fuels) as the blood that pulsed through my body.

Thank you all for being the vendors and suppliers that gave me life for a very emotional win for my owner and driver.

THE CANNIBAL
Good stuff Chuck !!! :D

Congrats on another victory Stan.....anyone have a video of Stan's 40 rigger? Im dying to see it in action......

i wanted to thank the Atlanta club for putting on a Fantastic race!!, you guys kept the race moving and always let us know where the dead boats were, The English

family and Araujo family will be back next year :rolleyes: , the lake was perfect for 6 running twins and plenty of room for parking...Its a pleasure to race with some of the

best PILOTS in the world...

Oh and CONGRADULATIONS TO RICK FOR WINNING SCALE!!! AND CHUCK FOR TWIN SHOOTOUT!! OUR NEXT NATIONAL RACE WILL BE THE FALL NATS,

I HOPE THE 101 BOY"S WILL ATTEND...WERE OUT FOR REVENGE B)

The 101 Twin Boaters Will have New Style CMB / EVO 101s power plants Via Stu Barr & CMB Engines...... & the Current Ones in Charlesston SC..... Looks like they will be in Full FORCE with New Style Twin Boats and NEW POWER in Charleston SC......... & then Many of US are Going to LOUSIANNA to race with Carlos and his Club at the Southern Nationals........ Soooooooo we still have plenty of racing to Do........... John Knight we missed you in Atlanta...... Get your Charleston Race Entry posted up..... I sure would like for your club to Consider making sure everyone is a Current NAMBA Member or a Current IMPBA member before they jam up all of the spots & classes of Your large race that will be hard to get into............ You cannot take them seriously if they are jamming up you race classes & are not a member of either race sanaction at mid year entry?? & request either Pay on Entry date. Or a tighter payment deadline after entry...... You guys could handle this on a club level and it would help make sure that the ones that have entered early will show up at the event & should make for less problems as the race date gets closer.....

Well said Brett. That was a fantastic race. Well organized and a super crowd of people as well. Biggest mob of twins I've ever raced with. We sure did enjoy the weekend and a big thanks and congrats to the entire Atlanta organization. We'll certainly keep this race on the "to do" list. Anthony Black

The 101 Twin Boaters Will have New Style CMB / EVO 101s power plants Via Stu Barr & CMB Engines...... & the Current Ones in Charlesston SC..... Looks like they will be in Full FORCE with New Style Twin Boats and NEW POWER in Charleston SC......... & then Many of US are Going to LOUSIANNA to race with Carlos and his Club at the Southern Nationals........ Soooooooo we still have plenty of racing to Do........... John Knight we missed you in Atlanta...... Get your Charleston Race Entry posted up..... I sure would like for your club to Consider making sure everyone is a Current NAMBA Member or a Current IMPBA member before they jam up all of the spots & classes of Your large race that will be hard to get into............ You cannot take them seriously if they are jamming up you race classes & are not a member of either race sanaction at mid year entry?? & request either Pay on Entry date. Or a tighter payment deadline after entry...... You guys could handle this on a club level and it would help make sure that the ones that have entered early will show up at the event & should make for less problems as the race date gets closer.....
Joe,,, VERY well said!

Wish I could have visited a little more this past weekend,, But I was a little "tied up"

And to say it again your suggestions as far as checking current members and requiring payment at time of entry made for a rather smooth process for the AMB administrator (Lamar Huff) didn't appear there was much last minute bail outs.

And thanks for coming to run in Atlanta, and getting most of the best twin racers to come also.

Thanks for all the kind words... It is rewarding to hear you guys enjoyed the show and appreciate all the hard work we put in.

Requiring payment up-front and only accepting entries via www.RCRacingEvents.com is the ONLY way to go! It saved us a TON of time and effort behind the scences and made check-in at the race a BREEZE! We will never go back to the old way of doing things (mail-in entries, payment deadlines, scratching unpaid racers, etc...).

Thanks again for supporting the 2013 Atlanta Model Boaters Spring Nationals!

Thanks,

Lamar

Doug Smock was passing out arm bands on thursday mid day..... & doing his own race check in...... It sure made things run smooth. Thanks Doug for staying involved and providing Good input to the Atlanta model boaters club. I had ask Kevin to take the IMPBA membership requirement off of the clubs & request a PAID membership payment at the same time the race entry is paid. Especially on races that we are entering months in advance... This makes 100 % sure that everyone has insurance coverage at the time of early arrival at the race site...... You might have 1-2 last minute changes But for the Most part the early entries are Legal way in advance of the race...... The YELLOW Wrist Bands help clean up the Insurance Requirements for helpers that want into the Hot Pit & Are Not Entered in the Event for that race.......... It is mostly a problem went we have NAMBA crossing to IMPBA races.....OR a Non current NAMBA member in a IMPBA Hot pit.... & Spot checks during the event for wrist bands on the drivers stand will become a norm at races......... The driver will draw a DQ if he is using a helper that is NOT Legal......... It will become a Norm for anyone in the HOT pit to Be Legal... at every single race..... Or you risk the chance to have your Driver DQed...... p.s. Pay your Monies and LETS RACE........

I hear you Joe. I am sorry that I had to drop out a couple of weeks but a medical situation caused it. On the mend and back to it a few weeks. The Fall Nats will open up after we finish with the IMPBA Gas Nationals in early June. Need to get a reading from the club members on what direction we will go but I know which one is the way we need to go. I am chasing down racers for 2 races now for payment and deadines are coming. A LOT of work is expended on chasing the late payers. I am listening to Lamar's comments closely as well. Glad things were done and went well at the Spring Nats. Looks like the race is on the strong rebound.

Back