JULY 16-17 NEW HUNTSVILLE RACE DATE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

I talked to Mark Bullard & Doc Turner This morn & the Huntsville MAY race is Cancelled due to the Conditions of the Huntsville Area. Currently TVA Can Supply NO POWER to Huntsville Utilities, TVA is saying 4-5 days. Every business is Locked Down with NO Rooms, No Food & Fuel being sold in the area. Obama Deployed 1400 National Guard to Alabama this morn.... News shows a EF4 toranado 1 mile wide was on the ground for over 300 miles in the state of Alabam last eveving @ 5-6 pm. This race will be Rescheduled @ a later date.... Mark will post up later.......

Last edited by a moderator:
hope everyone is ok. Had that storm come through here last night..took down a couple trees, produced some very strong winds most of the night :blink:

not a surprise for this to happen conditions in Huntsville are not great at all to make this race happen. I hope everyone is safe down there. just to to walt barney he has no power also.

julian

Due to instability of the power grid Browns Ferry Nuclear started down powering unit 2 at noon yesterday. Subsequently after losing reliability of the entire offsite power grid they were forced to auto scram all three reactors. Widows Creek coal power plant also shutdown due to damage to the switchyard.

I rode it out in basement as it passed through Birmingham over the mountain from downtown. cracked the door to peer out, yellow sky and dead calm with nothing but the sirens going off. Not a leaf moving on the trees or a drop of rain while Tornado was ripping through less than 4 miles away. One of the more eery moments I've ever experienced. Like most, i had no idea how bad until reports started coming out this a.m.

Joe, David, Bill,

Instead of returning my entry fees, please donate any unused amount to the Local Red Cross for disaster relief in your area

Best Wishes and God Bless

Brian Schymik

Joe, David, Bill,

Instead of returning my entry fees, please donate any unused amount to the Local Red Cross for disaster relief in your area

Brian Schymik
Brian, I`am sure the race will be rescheduled. Hopefully you can make the New date? Bill or David can post here when they get back up... The club had already bought all awards & we were looking forward to having a Great weekend of racing!!!! I will have Bill or David contact you soon..... Thanks! jw

Joe, David, Bill,

Brian Schymik
Same for me,if you get the chance for another race make it late in the year.Summer months are used up

Joe, David, Bill,

Brian Schymik
Same for me,if you get the chance for another race make it late in the year.Summer months are used up
Mark & Doc was thinking Oct, It will be something all that would attend can agree on...... We Miss Some Great times of the year in Oct to race model boats...... Hopefully we can Gain a few more Boaters & Make it Bigger Event that Ever..... These Guys wanted to race this weekend.... But Mother Nature had other plans.......

october should be fine i would think i agree. get with the racers that ebtered and see what they think..

julian

Joe, David, Bill,

Brian Schymik
Mark & Doc was thinking Oct, It will be something all that would attend can agree on...... We Miss Some Great times of the year in Oct to race model boats...... Hopefully we can Gain a few more Boaters & Make it Bigger Event that Ever..... These Guys wanted to race this weekend.... But Mother Nature had other plans.......

Please remember the Fall Nationals in Charleston are Oct 7-9. It is a major race and should not be competed directly against it.

This sounds good. I'll see how many of our "Grand Prix Cronies" I can get to make the trip!

Doug

Joe, David, Bill,

Brian Schymik

Please remember the Fall Nationals in Charleston are Oct 7-9. It is a major race and should not be competed directly against it.
John IMPBA Sets the rules as to how apart the races need to be on the Race Sanactions. Hopefully we all can return to Huntsville & Race in Oct?? Maybe you should come over & support us??? Many of the Dist 5 guys have supported your Fall race for the last few years...... WE have traveled over to you many times @ 12 hrs plus one way.....

This sounds good. I'll see how many of our "Grand Prix Cronies" I can get to make the trip!

Doug
Doug The Huntsville Club Welcomes all boaters... We would like for you to attend the race. Bring Norman with you. They have been a few times already & had a Great time.......

Doug
Doug The Huntsville Welcomes all boaters... We would like for you to attend the race. Bring Norman with you. They have been a few times already & had a Great time.......
I am totally for a race in October at Huntsville ,this place should be supported by everyone if possible .Huntsville needs to be put back in race mode and should stay that way.many guys out there don't even have a place to run their boats because there is no water,Huntsville has water and the city has allowed it to be used for us,support Huntsville and bring your a game Twins,

F-monos,gas sport hydros Scales,all plenty of room for the fastest racers.

Mark

I made home yesterday. I went to Decatur Wed to get an early start on getting the site ready for the race. We were working on things on.in the shop and the lights went out. We went outside and saw the storm pass by the front of the shop heading to Huntsville. We did not know what had happened in Tuscaloosa. Students and people are still missing. They probably got sucked up in the storm and shredded. My son and family live in Tuscaloosa and said a friend of one his who is in home healthcare went to check on his patients and found them dead. Mark and I thought hard about whether to try and keep the race going. The problem there is no electricity from B'ham to Tenn. NO GAS, FOOD FROM RESTERAUNTS, GROCEREY STORES WERE RUNNING OUT OF FOOD. Water and sewere services may become a problem. We appreciate Joe getting the word out about the cancellation. We had cell phone problems and land lines and server's were down.

Give us a few days to get another date. We had great plans for the race. The trophies are incredible. I had purchased food and my wife made a large quantity of brownies and Mark had made many things for the race including even an incredible retrieve boat with an electric start motor. So a lot of preparation and money spent, in fact we put most all of the entry fees into trophies and things for the race.. We will have another date this year. We will be able to use most everything except the brownies, BUT we will have more for the new date.

WE hope everyone that entered will come to the new race date and even more. We would love to have many of you who have never been to Huntsville to come because it is agreat race site. We will try and get a great date. THANKS FOR EVERYONES UNDERSTANDING. Especially GRAHAM. WE tried hard to call him and we just could not get through. He did land in Huntsville and we are sorry we could not have gotten him notfied. Doc

I made home yesterday. I went to Decatur Wed to get an early start on getting the site ready for the race. We were working on things on.in the shop and the lights went out. We went outside and saw the storm pass by the front of the shop heading to Huntsville. We did not know what had happened in Tuscaloosa. Students and people are still missing. They probably got sucked up in the storm and shredded. My son and family live in Tuscaloosa and said a friend of one his who is in home healthcare went to check on his patients and found them dead. Mark and I thought hard about whether to try and keep the race going. The problem there is no electricity from B'ham to Tenn. NO GAS, FOOD FROM RESTERAUNTS, GROCEREY STORES WERE RUNNING OUT OF FOOD. Water and sewere services may become a problem. We appreciate Joe getting the word out about the cancellation. We had cell phone problems and land lines and server's were down.

Give us a few days to get another date. We had great plans for the race. The trophies are incredible. I had purchased food and my wife made a large quantity of brownies and Mark had made many things for the race including even an incredible retrieve boat with an electric start motor. So a lot of preparation and money spent, in fact we put most all of the entry fees into trophies and things for the race.. We will have another date this year. We will be able to use most everything except the brownies, BUT we will have more for the new date.

WE hope everyone that entered will come to the new race date and even more. We would love to have many of you who have never been to Huntsville to come because it is agreat race site. We will try and get a great date. THANKS FOR EVERYONES UNDERSTANDING. Especially GRAHAM. WE tried hard to call him and we just could not get through. He did land in Huntsville and we are sorry we could not have gotten him notfied. Doc
Doc, Today Huntsville is saying 6 weeks before the logistics are anything like Normal...... It will get Wild before then..... Thats a long time & summer heat is Right around the Corner......

Latest posts

Back