Fall Nationals Race Entries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the spirit Dick! But, someone will always complain it seems. Im just glad to not have a 4000+ mile/$1500.00 trip to race this year!

~James

Thats the spirit Dick! But, someone will always complain it seems. Im just glad to not have a 4000+ mile/$1500.00 trip to race this year!

~James
Gabe,

It may be a 9 boat heat, but you know as well as I that 9 finishing would be slim. Not splitting will help us, thats roughly 40 minutes off the weekend right there....

RP

mmmmmmmm........sake

I have just updated post #1 with the final entry list of racers and boats for the Fall Nationals. Been a lot of changes made in the last week and lost several racers.

The master heat sheets were completed today and will be copied soon for distribution at the race. Any changes that come in will be have to be penned in as I am not about to redo the heat sheets again. I am worn out. I am going to work on some boats. See all soon.

I have just updated post #1 with the final entry list of racers and boats for the Fall Nationals. Been a lot of changes made in the last week and lost several racers.

The master heat sheets were completed today and will be copied soon for distribution at the race. Any changes that come in will be have to be penned in as I am not about to redo the heat sheets again. I am worn out. I am going to work on some boats. See all soon.
Thank You !!Where are we going to dinner Thursday night !!!!!! :D

Race is over ..time to party !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the NWS ten day forcast. Thursday & Friday the 8th & 9th, sunny - 0% chance of rain and in the 80's. John Knight must have been in church doin some extra prayin' this year. Let the games begin.

Mic

Way to jinx it there mister Tim. :D

Tom, I dont know about Thursday night, but Friday or Saturday we are going to the Japanese steak house again right down the road. We went during the tunnel race, had about 20+ people, and LOTS of sake. Its a good time, great Japanese food and Sushi.

Got my boats all ready to go this morning, going back out in a few to load/gather up everything so all I have to do is throw it in the Jeep Sunday night. Heading that way Monday morning, visit my parents for a few days, then go to Charleston early Thursday morning.

Looking forward to this race!!!

~James

Tom, I dont know about Thursday night, but Friday or Saturday we are going to the Japanese steak house again right down the road. We went during the tunnel race, had about 20+ people, and LOTS of sake. Its a good time, great Japanese food and Sushi.

Got my boats all ready to go this morning, going back out in a few to load/gather up everything so all I have to do is throw it in the Jeep Sunday night. Heading that way Monday morning, visit my parents for a few days, then go to Charleston early Thursday morning.

~James
AHH Sake Bombs....The next morning might be a little tough. :p

-Buck-

Looking at the NWS ten day forcast. Thursday & Friday the 8th & 9th, sunny - 0% chance of rain and in the 80's. John Knight must have been in church doin some extra prayin' this year. Let the games begin.

Mic

AMEN Brother, after both races last year we have earned it! The truth be told, since I have been racing here in Charleston since 1993, we had one race, believe to be in 1998, that we had a short light rain shower for about 30 minutes. That was the worst weather for any race we every had until last year and we got smoked twice in the same year. I truly hope the weather Mic looked at holds true and we will be blessed with great weather this race deserves. This weekend's weather will be immaculate.

AHH Sake Bombs....The next morning might be a little tough. :p

-Buck-
There was (2) 1 liter pitchers floating around the table thanks to Randy Corbin, I am failry sure that Premo and I drank more than our share (probably like 1.5 liters....) :D

~James

Thats where Tom is taking his winning pit man........ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh crap!!! Tim you better put the jinks in this forcast. Weather.com Friday now 30% and Sat 60% chance of rain. John get to church quick. And good news is Sake suppliers in SC are doubling inventories. Were gonna race rain or shine. Everybody bring rain gear and we won't see a drop.

Mic

Ohhhh crap!!! Tim you better put the jinks in this forcast. Weather.com Friday now 30% and Sat 60% chance of rain. John get to church quick. And good news is Sake suppliers in SC are doubling inventories. Were gonna race rain or shine. Everybody bring rain gear and we won't see a drop.

Mic

Tim sure screwed the pooch on this one without a doubt. Mic is right, bring all the wet weather gear and we won't need it. BTW, ALL of you go to church on Sunday. Looks like we may need it. I miss only for a race or illness.

John Knight sent out a picture of the awards to us, and wanted to post it up here for all to see.

Here is his explanation of awards to be given out.

It is a 32 oz mug, as are all 1st place ones. Second place are 20 oz and 3rd are 16 oz. So the 1st places are really something to shoot for. The twin rigger champion is only 1 mug, no others offered.

This is a picture of the Twin Rigger award.

2009FallNatsAward.jpg

HEAT RACE & RECORD FUEL by Ron Drake now available for purchase.

60% @ $40/gallon or $140/case

65% @ $45/gallon or $160/case

Ron Drake’s Heat Race & Record Fuel will be introduced for sale at the Charleston Fall Nationals the week of October 7th (next week). Interested? If so, please let me know so I may plan accordingly and bring extra fuel. Don’t worry, I’m not asking for any money upfront, just a heads up. We want everybody to have the opportunity to purchase fuel if needed.

As we all know…Ron Drake knows his way around the oval and currently holds a number of world records that sit next to his multiple US-1 titles. That being said, I believe he is knowledgeable and blends a very good quality fuel that in my experience holds an overall advantage against other fuels I’ve run. At the Charleston Tunnel Championships last year, Ron was kind enough to lend me some fuel. Wow…an increase in speed was noticed instantly (there were no other changes made to the set-up). This got my Dad and I thinking and thinking about what the difference was. Obviously, Ron and I have spoken about it since and asked Ron if he could mix our fuel. Ron has explained the difference and has tested many different oil and caster combinations to get the finished product he runs today. His unique synthetic oil and caster mix has given him an edge…a little speed!

This goes without saying, we have tested this fuel in all of our boats and have found that the power has increased without changing the nitro content. We were sold, however, in order for Ron to mix our fuel, we had to purchase a large volume of raw nitro. This is where you come in, we have more than we need and would like to share it with our fellow racers. And if there is enough demand, Ron has considered distributing more of his fuel. However, the fuel will be distributed thru HTV Boats c/o Jay & Mic Halbrehder. ([email protected] or 239-645-0339)([email protected] 239-841-0204).

We are also looking into having the ability to sell and ship fuel through the mail. We're still researching the ability to ship, we want to make sure we don't violate any federal shipping laws.

Jay Halbrehder

~James
Gabe

Deryl and I are in...I will start the list..you guys pick the night..we had a blast the last time we all went...jj

Whadya guys think? I say Saturday night. Just my opinion though. I dont care either way.

I know Don and I are in for sure.

Whadya guys think? I say Saturday night. Just my opinion though. I dont care either way.

I know Don and I are in for sure.

Saturday is fine unless you want to go to the NBA game between the Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron James, Shaq) against the Charlotte Bobcats at the North Charleston Coliseum at 7:30. I am sure by Saturday night we will be ready for Miyabi's!!!

John Knight sent out a picture of the awards to us, and wanted to post it up here for all to see.

Here is his explanation of awards to be given out.

It is a 32 oz mug, as are all 1st place ones. Second place are 20 oz and 3rd are 16 oz. So the 1st places are really something to shoot for. The twin rigger champion is only 1 mug, no others offered.

This is a picture of the Twin Rigger award.

2009FallNatsAward.jpg
I'm gonna do my best to fill that mug with ICE COLD ST PAULI GIRL BEER !!!!!!! :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back