Fall Nationals Race Entries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys need another 67 Hydro let me know ....i should be able to stir the pot a little ! :lol:

Tom:

That would be good.

Joe Wiebelhaus is also a 67 hydro as is Mark and Chad Grannis from here. Not sure about others. Maybe Ralph Almirola and Joe Warren too??? I know John Knight is also in that class and FAST.
Hey mark! My New UFO/67 will be Ready for Charleston. Boat is complete now.. Just needs a lit tuning... jw
Great!!! E Hydro is looking tough as are the other classes. I always enjoy running against the highest quality of competition.

MG
Mark did you get the Motel info for the fall Nats. I got a copy from John pp #3 of 3 that came with the race flier. We were @ the Hampton inn 2008. You guys mush have stayed on the Beach Front? jw

Guys,

We have been crunching the numbers, classes and heats for the race. We are over 300 baots now for the race with some last minute fill-ins that we have been holding. The interest for the race has been overwhelming to say the least and inquiries are still coming in daily.

WE NEED SOME HELP - We have 2 classes, B (20) and F (80+) nitro mono that have 9 boats entered in the class. That is one too many as 8 is the most we can run in the heat. Please take a look and see if you are among those entered, adn if you are willing to drop out of that class. If there is room in another class we can move you to we can do it now before the race is totally closed down. Otherwise we can refund your entry fee. We need a volunteer for each class to drop.

Please let me know. The entry list is current.

John

Guys,

We have been crunching the numbers, classes and heats for the race. We are over 300 baots now for the race with some last minute fill-ins that we have been holding. The interest for the race has been overwhelming to say the least and inquiries are still coming in daily.

WE NEED SOME HELP - We have 2 classes, B (20) and F (80+) nitro mono that have 9 boats entered in the class. That is one too many as 8 is the most we can run in the heat. Please take a look and see if you are among those entered, adn if you are willing to drop out of that class. If there is room in another class we can move you to we can do it now before the race is totally closed down. Otherwise we can refund your entry fee. We need a volunteer for each class to drop.

John
John, 9 boat B(20) mono heats have been run @ ODMBA Invitational without a problem and we do have the ability to score through 9 places. Now F mono ..... well that's another story. Don't think a 9 boat heat is a good thing there. :eek:

Guys,

John
John, 9 boat B(20) mono heats have been run @ ODMBA Invitational without a problem and we do have the ability to score through 9 places. Now F mono ..... well that's another story. Don't think a 9 boat heat is a good thing there. :eek:
Shutup, Don..............!

Dick

Guys,

John
Shutup, Don..............!

Dick
OOOOPS!! Forgot Dicky is running B mono ..... hehehehe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

9 boat heat in B mono sounds fun.

F mono....not so much.

~James

I don't really have a problem with 9 in B mono, EXCEPT that all 9 racers must agree to running that way. If one does not, then we must drop one. That has been our club policy for a long time that all agree with the proposal.

As far as F mono, 9 boats is not an option. We must pare one out. Prefer volunteers to offer to drop.

The intent is to reduce heats as much as possible. There will be some classes with 17-20 boats in them. If drops occur, and they always do, and they are enough to consolidate 3 heats into 2, we will do it every possible chance we get. When you are looking at about 45+ heats per round, you must think well ahead to get a good pace for a reasonable departure on Sunday. We have a race that starts on Friday morning at 7:30 with drivers meeting and we have daylight savings time still in effect (until 01 Nov) so that will help.

F mono....not so much.

~James

I don't really have a problem with 9 in B mono, EXCEPT that all 9 racers must agree to running that way. If one does not, then we must drop one. That has been our club policy for a long time that all agree with the proposal.

As far as F mono, 9 boats is not an option. We must pare one out. Prefer volunteers to offer to drop.

The intent is to reduce heats as much as possible. There will be some classes with 17-20 boats in them. If drops occur, and they always do, and they are enough to consolidate 3 heats into 2, we will do it every possible chance we get. When you are looking at about 45+ heats per round, you must think well ahead to get a good pace for a reasonable departure on Sunday. We have a race that starts on Friday morning at 7:30 with drivers meeting and we have daylight savings time still in effect (until 01 Nov) so that will help.
John, since it's now a 3 day race, run till dark on Friday and Saturday. What's left on Sunday, you should be fine. I'll help to make it happen. Everbody just bring hum back running. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

F mono....not so much.

~James

John, since it's now a 3 day race, run till dark on Friday and Saturday. What's left on Sunday, you should be fine. I'll help to make it happen. Everbody just bring hum back running. :lol:
im in the B Mono Race i say we race all 9 Boats in one heat im down for that it will be very fun

So you guys are running 8 boat heats ? Are the hydro classes(F , twin also running heats this large ? It seems like just as much time is used up picking up dead boats as the time required to split the heats to raceable fields . just asking .

So you guys are running 8 boat heats ? Are the hydro classes(F , twin also running heats this large ? It seems like just as much time is used up picking up dead boats as the time required to split the heats to raceable fields . just asking .

Tom,

The intent for the bigger hydro classes, 60/E and higher, & the twins, to be 6 in a heat. Same for the scale, T boat, gas twins and gas riggers. There may be an occasional 7th but will be avoided if possible. They need more room and produce more chop that can dump you in a hurry. As an example now - F hydro has 17 boats with 1 more expected to be 18. 3 heats of 6 boats each will run. The twins will be more of a challenge - 13, we got 2 in the same day and you were one of them. One heat of 6 and 1 of 7. There always are twin scratches at races and we will reset the heats evenly for each round if that happens.

We have a very large lake with tons of room all around but we just don't like to play with fire. Makes for better racing too. But we'll manage it fine.

RACE NOTICE AND UPDATE

Just a reminder that the race special rate of $59, at the Lands Inn Motel, is valid until Saturday, Sept 26. After that date, that rate may not be honored. Rooms have been reserved to be booked by the racers and after the 26th they will be released and may not be available.

Pit, canopy and trailer setup will be same as last October's and this past May's races. Canopies along the tree line and trailers outside of the tree lines behind the canopies. No exceptions allowed and the areas will be marked off accordingly. If you set up a trailer inside the canopy area you will be moving it to the rear. Vehicle parking is across the clearing for Wednesday and Thursday. Please respect the wishes and rules of the CMB club.

Some admin notes will be published in the next several weeks. We had discussions yesterday, during a club race we held, of having a dinner at the lake Saturday night of the race. Details still must be worked out for it to come together. Will advise later.

There will be a concessions vendor (Britton's BBQ) at the lake from Thursday through Sunday, serving lunches primarily. If enough want some breakfast, ask the vendor for them to do it but you MUST support them. It is a business venture and has to be worthwhile.

REMEMBER, THIS IS A 3 DAY RACE. RACING STARTS ON FRIDAY MORNING AT 8. We will aim to do 1.5 rounds on Friday & Saturday each and the final one on Sunday, subject to being changed at the race as needed. Uncontrolled open water on Wednesday. Controlled open water on Thursday.

SPECIAL NOTICE: If you have any class changes, deletions, channel changes, etc., direct them to me - I am doing the heat sheets in the next 7-10 days. My e mail is [email protected] Phone is (843) 552-0736.

John

Glad to hear Brittons is doing the BBQ again! That was awesome BBQ, and I hope the guys at the race will support them.

Looking forward to this race, gonna be good!

~Gabe

Glad to hear Brittons is doing the BBQ again! That was awesome BBQ, and I hope the guys at the race will support them.

~Gabe
Free food for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

~Gabe
Free food for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
From the look of things you've been grazing at the same buffet as Otto............ :lol:

SPECIAL RACE NOTE:

We have several frequency conflicts in classes and will be sending out e mails to resolve those conflicts. I need each of you to work with me to get the changes needed made. Heat sheets cannot be completed until I get the conflicts resolved. That needs to be done in the next 2 days.

There are 88 racers with 303 boats entered in 26 classes at this moment.

Are we going to Race all the (9) 20 Monos at the same time because i have no problem with that i dont know about the other racers

Are we going to Race all the (9) 20 Monos at the same time because i have no problem with that i dont know about the other racers

We will make an exception and run a 9 boat heat. No objections were note when I posted the possibility.

We have another racer that wants to run in it but I cannot add in any more heats. He is hoping that someone will drop out of it so he can go in. He is running in only 2 classes and wants really bad to run in it. Unless someone gives up their spot, he will not be able to run.

Hey, go ahead and run 'em! This is nothing compared to the big boats. Think about TWELVE boats going 70 MPH across the starting line going for the corner buoy...........who's got the bigger stones? I sold the big hydro and got the B mono out of moth balls...........and not ashamed to admit it, either!

Dick Tyndall

Back