I must say....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya might be right Larry,

I noticed it on one of Mics boats when he redid the cowl shape.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gene. You and Larry have made some interesting mods. Maybe Carl can comment when he sees your posts.

Ron, my Warhead came that way, as did what was left of the one destroyed in shipping that i returned.

Yup,

Was Mics Warhead that gave me the idea......

My Bad,

Gene

Rene,

Cornering speed looks excellent, just seems to lack Top end after 1/3-1/2 the straight? would definately be competative and beat most guys as is though!

Rene, concentrate on hitting the start, then run tight on the course. That picco has a little top end speed on you in the straights, but you have it beat on corner speed when you hang on the buoys.

You are right Larry,Today was about setup and to get them right,Have a lot more to go.Test,Test LOL..

Here's my couple of boats at the moment, 3.5 and 7.5 tunnels. The 7.5 is still a work in progress!

GO/Nova on the 3.5, K&B on the 7.5.

boats.jpg

Heres what I've been running this summer. By far the best all around tunnel I have seen to date. Awesome in the rough water and the calm. It just keeps getting better and better.

Hull: Woodstuff 32

Motor: Mac21

Lower Unit: Lawless

Pipe: SPP Nova muffled

Prop: M440

Brian

Brians tunnel 4 - Reduced.JPG

Cool stuff David, Brian and Rene ;)

Nice to see what everyones running again,

Gene

I just converted my FE over to Nitro. Its a scratch built hull, but handled amazing with the FE weight in it. We will see sunday how it works as a nitro. My previous hull did not like rough water at all. Ran like a scalded dog on flatter water, but once it got choppy it bounced around a lot. Hoping for a little better from this guy.

IMAG0146_zpsf3f3cc45.jpg

IMAG0147_zps625e2988.jpg

IMAG0148_zpsefde1188.jpg

Heres what I've been running this summer. By far the best all around tunnel I have seen to date. Awesome in the rough water and the calm. It just keeps getting better and better.

Hull: Woodstuff 32

Motor: Mac21

Lower Unit: Lawless

Pipe: SPP Nova muffled

Prop: M440

Brian
I agree my son runs a Woodstuff 32 converted to FE for sport, no racing. I'm impressed with it in rough and calm water also. Wish I would have kept it for myself.I have a JD WOF 30 that I also converted to FE. Only had a chance to run it a couple times but so far I really like it.

I just converted my FE over to Nitro. Its a scratch built hull, but handled amazing with the FE weight in it. We will see sunday how it works as a nitro. My previous hull did not like rough water at all. Ran like a scalded dog on flatter water, but once it got choppy it bounced around a lot. Hoping for a little better from this guy.

IMAG0146_zpsf3f3cc45.jpg

IMAG0147_zps625e2988.jpg

IMAG0148_zpsefde1188.jpg
Nice looking boat. Will the tank draw the fuel ok being so much lower than the carby?

Bryan, thanks man! And Im hoping so! That tank is actually from my last .21 rigger. So it has a sump built into it. We shall find out Sunday how it works out. If not, I will fit a hopper on top of it.

The fuel system is pressurized, it will work just fine, and have a lower roll center than with an elevated tank. I cut the platform top out on my old XTR-21 Leecraft and put the tank down inside, after the first time I ever saw a Lynx with the cowl off. It cured the issue of the boat barrel rolling if I entered a turn too hot, Inboard boats run just fine without elevated tanks, tunnels do too.

Love to hear about new building methods to make building these easier. I'm hoping my new concept on sport boats works out.. I have a 21 kit to build and a 40 boat in design mode.

Back