Carolina Showdown 2008, May 16-18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following is a list of the current boat counts by class. The classes marked in bold have made the 3 boat minimum and will run. The classes in italics have not yet made it, but some additional entries may be on their way. The entry deadline is one week away. If you haven't already done so, get your entry forms filled in and sent to me ASAP!1/8 Scale 3

B Hydro 4

B Mono 2

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 2

D Mono 1

D O/B Tunnel 5

E Hydro 3

E Mono 2

F Hydro 2

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Classic Thunderboat 2

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 14

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 11

Sport 40 3
too many classes!

Good to hear from you Steve and I am looking forward to seeing you in Greensboro and at more D12 Races this summer!

I Totaly understand where you are coming from and I have no problem with moving up to higher classes if there are 2 or less boats in a class. We did the same thing at the Georgia Champs last fall in one class and had a Blast doing it! My main concern is that Gavin is running 20, 40 & 60 Mono now. He needs at this time all the race experience that he can get to hone his skills. If 40 and 60 aren't offered he gets to run 20 and Open Nitro Mono even though there might have been enough entries in 40 or 60 to make a class. As you may have noticed in the past our 60 mono was a 44" Sightler with an old CMB Gold Head EVO in it. We are, as we speak, putting a MAC 67 in a 40" Sightler with a modified drop down mount for him to run in 60 or Open to be competitive. Our 40 Seaducer is quick but it won't run with good F monos. All we ask is that the classes be offered on a non district points agenda, and if there is a class, so be it. If not, we can live with that. We just frigging love to race and we love to race Nitro Boats!! ;)

By the way. Gavin took my 40 Seaducer to 1st place at the Spring Nats so be sure to give him a "Ataboy" at Greensboro! He drove the race of his life and I couldn't be Prouder of him!!

See you in a few weeks!!

Scott

Following is a list of the current boat counts by class. The classes marked in bold have made the 3 boat minimum and will run. The classes in italics have not yet made it, but some additional entries may be on their way. The entry deadline is one week away. If you haven't already done so, get your entry forms filled in and sent to me ASAP!1/8 Scale 3

B Hydro 4

B Mono 2

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 2

D Mono 1

D O/B Tunnel 5

E Hydro 3

E Mono 2

F Hydro 2

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 14

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 11

Sport 40 3
too many classes!
Just for that I'm calling Chuck right now and throwing my Name and my "Fresh" MAC 84 into Offshore Speas!! :p

B Hydro 4

B Mono 2

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 2

D Mono 1

D O/B Tunnel 5

E Hydro 3

E Mono 2

F Hydro 2

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 14

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 11

Sport 40 3
too many classes!
Just for that I'm calling Chuck right now and throwing my Name and my "Fresh" MAC 84 into Offshore Speas!! :p
Dial 1-NIT-ROR-ULES, operators are standing by. :lol:

(I wonder whose number that really is? :p )

I received a few more entries and a few people have shifted/added classes. Here is the boat count as of last night:

Classes with 3 boats or more will run. Underlined classes will only run if they get more entries.

1/8 Scale 4

B Hydro 5

B Mono 4

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 3

D Mono 2

D O/B Tunnel 6

E Hydro 4

E Mono 2

F Hydro 4

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 15

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 12

Sport 40 4

Good to hear from you Steve and I am looking forward to seeing you in Greensboro and at more D12 Races this summer!
I Totaly understand where you are coming from and I have no problem with moving up to higher classes if there are 2 or less boats in a class. We did the same thing at the Georgia Champs last fall in one class and had a Blast doing it! My main concern is that Gavin is running 20, 40 & 60 Mono now. He needs at this time all the race experience that he can get to hone his skills. If 40 and 60 aren't offered he gets to run 20 and Open Nitro Mono even though there might have been enough entries in 40 or 60 to make a class. As you may have noticed in the past our 60 mono was a 44" Sightler with an old CMB Gold Head EVO in it. We are, as we speak, putting a MAC 67 in a 40" Sightler with a modified drop down mount for him to run in 60 or Open to be competitive. Our 40 Seaducer is quick but it won't run with good F monos. All we ask is that the classes be offered on a non district points agenda, and if there is a class, so be it. If not, we can live with that. We just frigging love to race and we love to race Nitro Boats!! ;)

By the way. Gavin took my 40 Seaducer to 1st place at the Spring Nats so be sure to give him a "Ataboy" at Greensboro! He drove the race of his life and I couldn't be Prouder of him!!

See you in a few weeks!!

Scott
Scott, I totally understand your frustration and my hats off to Gavin for winning at the Spring Nationals!!! Doesn't look like there will be any F Monos coming to the race as I see none entered per Chucks recent posting. The F Mono class has been dead up in our area for years I know because I used to run this class a lot, I got rid of all of my F Mono stuff because there just wasn't anyone running in this class up in our area anymore. Look forward to seeing both of ya in a couple of weeks.

I received a few more entries and a few people have shifted/added classes. Here is the boat count as of last night:Classes with 3 boats or more will run. Underlined classes will only run if they get more entries.

1/8 Scale 4

B Hydro 5

B Mono 4

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 3

D Mono 2

D O/B Tunnel 6

E Hydro 4

E Mono 2

F Hydro 4

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 15

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 12

Sport 40 4
Chuck, man do you all have a lot of classes to run (24 Classes) looks like you have 149 boats with the classes that have presently met the minimum boat requirements per class. Whats up with the Thunder Boat Class I know several guys were building these over the winter but only two have entered so far? Hope to see more as I was looking forward to seeing them run.

Chuck, man do you all have a lot of classes to run (24 Classes) looks like you have 149 boats with the classes that have presently met the minimum boat requirements per class. Whats up with the Thunder Boat Class I know several guys were building these over the winter but only two have entered so far? Hope to see more as I was looking forward to seeing them run.
Well if I wasn't going to be in Vegas there's be one more thunderboat, F hydro, 1/8th scale & B hydro.

I received a few more entries and a few people have shifted/added classes. Here is the boat count as of last night:Classes with 3 boats or more will run. Underlined classes will only run if they get more entries.

1/8 Scale 4

B Hydro 5

B Mono 4

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 3

D Mono 2

D O/B Tunnel 6

E Hydro 4

E Mono 2

F Hydro 4

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 15

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 12

Sport 40 4
As of this morning, we have 163 boats entered. If I only count the classes that have met the minimum, we have 155 boats in 19 classes. That's assuming that this nice, but somewhat glitchy program I'm using has the counts right...

Here is how the class list evolved. First, there are 18 district classes. Sport 20 tunnel has shown strong attendance in our club and at other races, so we added that. The number of entries confirm this to be a good choice. Some people around the district like to run crackerboxes, so we added that (note that the Jersey Skiff was run with Crackerbox last year). The entries for this class have yet to justify including this class. In order to encourage new people, we offer the RTR class. And finally, we added D and E mono by request. Note that since Open Nitro Mono is already a district class that we don't have F mono. Combining the 18 district classes with the 5 "special interest" classes gives a total of 23. That's one less than your total because I combined Crackerbox and Jersey Skiff.

I too am surprised by the lack of Thunderboats. I know we lost one due to Don's wife winning her award. Trent and Mike Butler are the two that are entered. If there are some more around the district that are ready to race, let's get them signed up. On a personal note, last fall I was considering building one, but decided not to. Based on the way some things turned out, I regret that decision, but time will tell how well the class grows. If we don't get another boat, this class won't run, which will bring us down to 22.

D mono, E mono, and Crackerbox/Jersey skiff are also at risk of not running, which would bring the number of classes down to 19, which is what we ran last year.

Looking back in history, last year we had 19 classes, ran 4 rounds and still managed to finish at a reasonable time on Sunday. In 2006 we had 20 classes but only got in 3 rounds, I think partly due to thunderstorms and also because everyone moved way slower due to having to deal with July heat.

For grins, I just built the heats based on current numbers of 19 classes and 163 boats. The program says we'll run 112 heats to complete 4 rounds. As with last year, we will have our drivers meeting at 7:30, begin racing as soon as possible after that, and keep things moving during the day. Since I'm not the one who will be running the race, at this point I'll defer to Mike, you, and others to determine if we're at a reasonable number of classes/heats to fit into a 2 day race.

Seeing as how Atlanta just did like 93 heats on Saturday, I'd say we can easily do the 112 Heats, stop for lunch, take an afternoon nap, Have a few cold ones, sober back up and still get home before dark on Sunday. ;)

we can run 'til monday, i don't have to be back to work 'til tuesday :D . if everybody has their shxt together, gets to the pits on time for your class, i believe it will fit in a weekend.

we ran 75 heats on Sat. last year, because I remember being out in the get back boat 73 times, 2 heats came in runnin.

mb

we ran 75 heats on Sat. last year, because I remember being out in the get back boat 73 times, 2 heats came in runnin.mb

75 heats on Sat should be easy. Run until 7 pm + as needed. If you are not ready for your next heat, you do not run. One exception - the chase boat driver - he needs time to get ready so more than one guy needs to be in that boat. Then that is taken care of.

Hopefully the software did not put anyone in back to back heats. That could slow things up a bit with having to give those individuals 5min between heats according to the rule book. B)

In Atlanta they ran pretty late on saturday. Made it hard and late to get something to eat.

Hopefully the software did not put anyone in back to back heats. That could slow things up a bit with having to give those individuals 5min between heats according to the rule book. B)
In Atlanta they ran pretty late on saturday. Made it hard and late to get something to eat.
I didn't look for back to back heats, yet. I just wanted to see what number of heats we were at so far. The program gives me the ability to arrange the classes so I will be sure to mix up the gas and nitro classes and avoid back to back heats.

1/8 Scale 4

B Hydro 5

B Mono 4

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 3

D Mono 2

D O/B Tunnel 6

E Hydro 4

E Mono 2

F Hydro 4

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 15

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 12

Sport 40 4
As of this morning, we have 163 boats entered. If I only count the classes that have met the minimum, we have 155 boats in 19 classes. That's assuming that this nice, but somewhat glitchy program I'm using has the counts right...

Here is how the class list evolved. First, there are 18 district classes. Sport 20 tunnel has shown strong attendance in our club and at other races, so we added that. The number of entries confirm this to be a good choice. Some people around the district like to run crackerboxes, so we added that (note that the Jersey Skiff was run with Crackerbox last year). The entries for this class have yet to justify including this class. In order to encourage new people, we offer the RTR class. And finally, we added D and E mono by request. Note that since Open Nitro Mono is already a district class that we don't have F mono. Combining the 18 district classes with the 5 "special interest" classes gives a total of 23. That's one less than your total because I combined Crackerbox and Jersey Skiff.

I too am surprised by the lack of Thunderboats. I know we lost one due to Don's wife winning her award. Trent and Mike Butler are the two that are entered. If there are some more around the district that are ready to race, let's get them signed up. On a personal note, last fall I was considering building one, but decided not to. Based on the way some things turned out, I regret that decision, but time will tell how well the class grows. If we don't get another boat, this class won't run, which will bring us down to 22.

D mono, E mono, and Crackerbox/Jersey skiff are also at risk of not running, which would bring the number of classes down to 19, which is what we ran last year.

Looking back in history, last year we had 19 classes, ran 4 rounds and still managed to finish at a reasonable time on Sunday. In 2006 we had 20 classes but only got in 3 rounds, I think partly due to thunderstorms and also because everyone moved way slower due to having to deal with July heat.

For grins, I just built the heats based on current numbers of 19 classes and 163 boats. The program says we'll run 112 heats to complete 4 rounds. As with last year, we will have our drivers meeting at 7:30, begin racing as soon as possible after that, and keep things moving during the day. Since I'm not the one who will be running the race, at this point I'll defer to Mike, you, and others to determine if we're at a reasonable number of classes/heats to fit into a 2 day race.
Chuck, I see you added my boats (5) to the list, but unless someone dropped out of B Tunnel, you missed adding mine to the toal, it should be 15, not 14. Also, my frined Dick Loeb is coming now, his entry in the mail today. He will be running B Sport Tunnel, D Tunnel and Sport 40 Hydro for sure, and a gas cat (not sure what class that goes in). Thanks, James

1/8 Scale 4

B Hydro 5

B Mono 4

B O/B Tunnel 14

Crackerbox 1

D Hydro 3

D Mono 2

D O/B Tunnel 6

E Hydro 4

E Mono 2

F Hydro 4

Jersey Skiff 1

LSG Catamaran 15

LSG Mono 17

LSG Rigger 5

LSG Sport Hydro 15

LSG Stock 11

Open Catamaran 10

Open Nitro Mono 3

Open Offshore 15

RTR Hydro 4

Sport 20 Tunnel 12

Sport 40 4

Chuck, I see you added my boats (5) to the list, but unless someone dropped out of B Tunnel, you missed adding mine to the toal, it should be 15, not 14. Also, my frined Dick Loeb is coming now, his entry in the mail today. He will be running B Sport Tunnel, D Tunnel and Sport 40 Hydro for sure, and a gas cat (not sure what class that goes in). Thanks, James
James, the counts fluctuate on a daily basis. Part of this is due to receiving additional entries, such as yours. The other part is a few people have either dropped a class, or are switching to help make a class that didn't have enough entries. Thanks for the heads up about Dick. He can run his gas cat in LSG Cat, Open Cat, or both. Note that if he wants, he could also run a Sport B tunnel in B tunnel, many are doing this.

It looks like this is shaping up to be quite an event. It is good to see so many out-of-town racers coming in to the Greensboro area. On that note, are there any dealers planning on coming? I could use some fuel and some nitro boat parts, nothing really unusual, stuff like glow plugs, flex shafts, starter belts and radio box tape.

If anyone who plans to attend could help out with those items please let me know!

blaise, can't help much on parts, but have bought a few things from you on fleabay, always what you describe. look foward to meeting you.

It looks like this is shaping up to be quite an event. It is good to see so many out-of-town racers coming in to the Greensboro area. On that note, are there any dealers planning on coming? I could use some fuel and some nitro boat parts, nothing really unusual, stuff like glow plugs, flex shafts, starter belts and radio box tape.
If anyone who plans to attend could help out with those items please let me know!
Blaise, or anyone else, I'm going to place an order with Tower in the next day or two, if there are any OS outboard parts you want, let me know and I'll tack them on the order and save you some shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back