Winston Eagle Lobster build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, as soon as I find some time to draw them up. I have some other kits I have got to finish drawing up right now, but soon I will get to the skins. Sorry for the delay. Mike

Top decks are on. So its getting there!

DSCF4069Large.jpg

DSCF4070Large.jpg

DSCF4071Large.jpg

DSCF4072Large.jpg

DSCF4073Large.jpg

DSCF4074Large.jpg

MIke,

build just looks great, did you sheet with 1/16th? just wondering what ur skins will be in the kits...

Don...

found this on the CF question...interesting

http://downloads.hob...on-fiber-ad.pdf

Great work Mike, build looks great :)

btw, where is your radio box going? with all that heavy CF are you concerned about rf interference? I'm at that part of my build as well and I am concerned about adding CF to the cockpit area where my radio equipment is...

should I not be concerned?

im running the futaba 3pk fasst, receiver with two antennas...
Just make sure the last inch of the antenna lead (the actual antenna section, the rest is just leader) is above any metal or carbon (always in a vertical position since 2.4 is vertically polarized) to give a direct signal path between RX-TX and you will be fine. All my riggers have carbon lids and I tend to use carbon to reinforce cowlings and such on my scale boats and the Futaba FASST system works great. I keep the last inch of the antenna lead about 4 inches above the deck typically. :)
And to stay on topic, Mike the lobster is lookin' great! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a really cool Carbon fiber turbine tube last night for the lobster. Got up this morning and trimed it down I was so excited! (Thanks for the awesome advise from a friend). Also made a carbon cavitation plate for my OS lower unit while I was at it!

DSCF6007Large.jpg

DSCF6008Large.jpg

DSCF6010Large.jpg

mike,

your lobster is looking great. all of the details like the hatches, the wings installations, turbine tube and bracket, strut and rudder mountings and on and on.

i'm not familiar with that cavitation plate, please explain its purpose and where it's mounted.

thank you,

dave

Here is a pic of the cool part a member here cut out for me. I will let him chime in if he is interested in making more! Mike

turbinetube.jpg

Here are some new pics. I reached a milestone this weekend, getting the rest of the build work about done, and the first coat of primer on both the Lobster, and the 85' Dominos Pizza. I also got all the vertical bracing made, and received the driver, stacks, etc. from Larry Kraemer (first class parts, first class guy!), all the vents in the cowling are cut and finished. Feeling a lot better about the progress now! Seems like the last month has been so slow going. Enjoy the pics! Mike

DSCF8006Large.jpg

DSCF8007Large.jpg

DSCF8008Large.jpg

DSCF8009Large.jpg

DSCF8010Large.jpg

DSCF8011Large.jpg

DSCF8007 (Large).JPG

Well, I worked a few hours on drawing up the Eagle head that goes on the cowling and on the ram wing top decks. I attached a PDF file to this post so others can use it as a template. There are multiples of each "set" that way if you get kinkos to print it, you will have plenty to work with! I also sent a workable file to Mike Mcknight so he can possibly offer the gold fine lines with his lobster decal set, which I might add is the best in the business. I will never use another vinyl guy in all honesty! Enjoy the file! Mike

Winston Lobster Eagle.pdf

Attachments

• Winston Lobster Eagle.pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 161
Well, got to work on the graphics last night. I did some painting the night before. Its a mixed bag of confusion. Some parts for the lobster, some for the dominos hull. I have decided to finish up the paint on the Lobster first, then get the paint on the dominos hull. I just don't have enough layout room to finish boat hulls at the same time. You will see on the lobster hull that I hand cut the eagle graphics, and hand cut the gold bars that run over and under the Winston Eagle graphic on the top deck. I think its coming together pretty well so far! I kinda wish they painted the lobster only white and gold as it looks really cool! Tonight I will start the difficult task of masking up the lobster hull and cowling where white has to stay so the orange can be applied. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF8019Large.jpg

DSCF8020Large.jpg

DSCF8021Large.jpg

DSCF8016Large.jpg

DSCF8022Large.jpg

What are the small holes right behind the canards on the hull and sponsons? Just curious.

Cliff

Well, The weather has been kind to me this weekend. The nice rain outside eliminated the possibility of pollen. Spent last night taping up the hull, got the color shot, then worked on the cowling this morning, and just finished the clear a few minutes ago. Below are some pics before clear, and a couple as things are hanging to dry. I always get pics before I clear in case things crows foot and you loose it all! It has happened to me before! Enjoy! Mike

Before Clear:

DSCF8029.jpg

DSCF8030.jpg

DSCF8031.jpg

DSCF8033.jpg

Looks great Mike, what brand masking tape do you use when masking over the decals? I've always been worried about putting the decals on then masking over that I would pull the decals off.

Latest posts

Back