Winston Eagle Lobster build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, If I remember right its 6 or 8 oz. I bought a roll of it, so I really cannot remember anymore!
Are you just useing super glue with a kicker for the build, and then use epoxy on the inside after the bottom are on to reinforce all the joints and cross member. And where do you buy carbon by the roll and how much did it cost for the boat kit? Please respon back to my email [email protected] :huh:

Thanks for all the info, guys! So much stuff I didn't know.

Just thought I'd share these, not exactly relevant, but interesting, at least to me. If memory serves, I read it was at the Miami Hard Rock Cafe, and then was auctioned off.

0800_1_lg.jpg

0800_2_lg.jpg

Just thought I'd share these, not exactly relevant, but interesting, at least to me. If memory serves, I read it was at the Miami Hard Rock Cafe, and then was auctioned off.
It was in Orlando. Don't know where it went from there.

Dick Tyndall

That was the Winston display boat, it never moved under it's own power, was just a shell. Repainted in the SJ scheme and sold to the Race Rock Cafe in Orlando, later auctioned off when Race Rock went under in early 2007. A Bud display boat (and alot of other cool stuff) also hung inside ........

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, that too has been bugging me. I knew it was a part of Florida and something with Rock in the name haha.

Starting mounting hardware on the Lobster tonight. Got a lot done. I will get pics up soon.

Since I have an extra cowling for a lobster, I may build that Smokin Joes Lobster just for the heck of it some day soon! Mike

That was the Winston display boat, it never moved under it's own power, was just a shell. Repainted in the SJ scheme and sold to the Race Rock Cafe in Orlando, later auctioned off when Race Rock went under in early 2007. A Bud display boat (and alot of other cool stuff) also hung inside ........
wouldve love to be the person that bought it!! :D

When I saw it up for auction I went out of my mind trying to figure out how to store it in my backyard, and trying to figure out how to convince my father to go along with the idea haha

"Repainted in the SJ scheme and sold to the Race Rock Cafe in Orlando, later auctioned off when Race Rock went under in early 2007. A Bud display boat also hung inside ........"

I hope Finch wasn't with you. He tells me he only went to Christian Science Reading Rooms while traveling to boat races. No worries John. Your secrets are safe with us - - - TRUST me. Har.!!!

The Hangar Queen Bud in the pic looks a lot like T-1 Pics I threw out there a while back. Oh, No - not again. CHEERS !!! Bob

When I saw it up for auction I went out of my mind trying to figure out how to store it in my backyard, and trying to figure out how to convince my father to go along with the idea haha
the hell with the back yard!! I would put it in my front yard! :D wonder why they put a smoken joe paint scheam on it? unless,they that team ran that type of boat too? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
the hell with the back yard!! I would put it in my front yard! :D wonder why they put a smoken joe paint scheam on it? unless,they that team ran that type of boat too? :huh:
prolly for variety, since they already had a bud boat inside. when i lived in fla., i worked for a mitsubishi dealer, their training center was in orlando. went to race rock a few times, a ton of stuff around for decoration, very little duplication.

Yeah, my Executone, Albert Lee Appliances, and Dominos Pizza scales are giving me the middle finger this week as all my attention has been drawn to this kit! haha
mike,

i certainly can't blame you for concentrating on that lobster. it's a very interesting hull and your build is going great. you can't stop now.

are you going to use phil thomas' glass kit cowl, rear wings and front canard ?

dave
Mike are you useing ca supper glue with a kicker for the build and if you are will you go back and cover everything with expoyies to seal from water. Please reply to me at [email protected]

Robert, sorry for the late reply. Been out of town. Yes, I tack with CA, then epoxy when i have the framing in place and square. Mike

Some pics of it in the water. Still not finished rigging, but its floatable

DSCF81331280x768.jpg

DSCF81131280x768.jpg

DSCF8111Copy.jpg

mike,

thank you posting photos.

your lobster looks beautiful in the water. perfect replica, looks like the real thing. my gas lobster / rigger build is proceeding slowly but hope to get it finished this summer. thank you again for the great kit and your very helpful advice.

dave

mike,

thank you posting photos.

your lobster looks beautiful in the water. perfect replica, looks like the real thing. my gas lobster / rigger build is proceeding slowly but hope to get it finished this summer. thank you again for the great kit and your very helpful advice.

dave
I don't want to steal this thread,but Dave where are you located?I am building a Gas Scale Bud T-6 which I hope to race next season.Phil Thomas will have his Gas Scale running possibly this year.If you are in the In,Il,Oh,areas,we may be able to get on some race schedules next year.

Harvey Liberman

harv and mike,

thank you for the invitation. i live near detroit. i just play with my gas boats when i can find water. no actual scales just various play boats like a gas rigger / lobster using mike's laser kit and and a gizmo backlash cowl. hope to get it in water by end of sumer. my projects take a long time. my goal was to build a "semi-scale" gas rigger to run with my zippkit / jae gas rigger that my friend joe glambin is finishing for me. that one will be a kind of "thunderboat rigger".

i don't get out of detroit area very often but i'd love to see your boats one day.

ok mike, back to your lobster build thread,

thank you harv and mike

Back