Winston Eagle Lobster build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Had some request to share this kit/ build. I am building this for myself. Got the first kit in yesterday and actually got it about framed up last night. It incorporates a lot of toy tabs, threw framing to help square everything. Really gonna be a cool hull. It also comes with all the center pan sheeting to help make the build a snap! It also incorporates sponsons designed by one of the best out there. Thanks to this person, you know who you are! Mike

DSCF2305.jpg

DSCF2306.jpg

DSCF2307.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

mike,

thank you for sharing photos of this build. i am very interested in this kit. the parts fit looks outstanding as usual.

what is the inside dimension of the engine well ?

what are the overall dimensions of this hull ?

beautiful work mike.

thank you,

dave

Dave, Thanks for the kind comments. The engine well width is a tad over 4 1/2", and the length is of the total hull is 46 3/4". Hope that helps! Mike

Got more done last night. Got most of the center pan sheeted, got the sponsons squared up, installed the batten sticks and sponson bottom strakes. Enjoy, Mike

DSCF2309 (Large).JPG

DSCF2310 (Large).JPG

DSCF2311 (Large).JPG

DSCF2312 (Large).JPG

DSCF2313 (Large).JPG

DSCF2314 (Large).JPG

DSCF2315 (Large).JPG

DSCF2316 (Large).JPG

great photos mike. this build thread is very helpful. your kit parts and workmanship are excellent.

thank you for posting,

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my Executone, Albert Lee Appliances, and Dominos Pizza scales are giving me the middle finger this week as all my attention has been drawn to this kit! haha

Yeah, my Executone, Albert Lee Appliances, and Dominos Pizza scales are giving me the middle finger this week as all my attention has been drawn to this kit! haha
mike,

i certainly can't blame you for concentrating on that lobster. it's a very interesting hull and your build is going great. you can't stop now.

are you going to use phil thomas' glass kit cowl, rear wings and front canard ?

dave

Here are some more pics. center pan is done, former bottoms added, and non trip on the sponson added. Now the harder parts begin. Gotta start epoxing the interior and added carbon along the floor pan, then the next work can begin. That work starts with the sponson bottoms. Temperatures here are so cold its gonna be tough to do this right now. Gotta finish up a customers Whip 20 first tho! Enjoy the pics, Mike

DSCF2317Large.jpg

DSCF2320Large.jpg

DSCF2319Large.jpg

DSCF2318Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, for those interested, I am finishing a 20% over GAS scale Lobster right now. it will measure 57" in length, with a 5 1/2" inside engine well width.

Awesome as usual, Mike. What size carbon fiber are you using for the floor pan?

My wish list keeps increasing. I have ALWAYS wanted to build this hull.

Rick

Rick, If I remember right its 6 or 8 oz. I bought a roll of it, so I really cannot remember anymore!

Sport class hulls in the impba can't be outrigger style. It's in the Rule book must be 3 point hydro design.

Latest posts

Back