thunder tiger mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has come up a tt low

er,new, for $29 buy it now on eBay, seems cheap but I don't know as I never ran tt.

Cheers

Dion

Last edited by a moderator:
The lower has no issues with the added power besides the prop shafts...it will shear the factory roll pins in seconds... all my prop shafts are pinned with hardened drill rod for this very reason...down fall with that is they will toss the drill rod occasionally on the 30vg....

as far as your stainless plate,,,just be sure its not thicker than the stock arm by much or it will mess with your trim adjustability... my ss plate i get is .052" thick...right in the ball park of the factory arms.... i take a factory arm,,,flatten it,,and tranfer that onto the ss...drilling it can be tough,,it kills the tiny bits perdy quick..... easiest way ive found to cut them out is a cutoff wheel in a dremel tool,,after they are cut... i use a small belt sander with 120 grit paper to clean them up and make them the same overall size...quite simple,,just tough material to work with....
Thanks for the tips and make sure you add some more vids of the 30vg TT when you have finished dialing her in would love to see the end result when you get there......
Yah hurry up Alden more vids ...... TT Rulz!!!!

might be best to buy both sets,, the 1.04 and the 1.19,,, see what you like best... the gear sets are fairly cheap and tower has them... try both sets and a bunch of props to see what works best for you...... i personally run the 1.04 set in all my tt's

Which gear ratio would be better for stock 20 or Mod Vp, thanks in advance
I'm no expert, have you seen my vid on page 4 i think. Thats stock TT 1.04:1 ratio and octura x642 on 30% nitro.... yeah it's no novarossi, cmb & mac but I think it's more than reasoable in the speed department for the TT slug. #9568 is 1.04:1 #9567 is 1.19:1 hope this helps

Thunder tiger has a new engine mount that can be purchased alone, I came across it on ebay yesterday. Looks good does away with the plastic washer height placement setup making adjustments quicker and easier. :)

Thunder tiger has a new engine mount that can be purchased alone, I came across it on ebay yesterday. Looks good does away with the plastic washer height placement setup making adjustments quicker and easier. :)
Post a link. I don't see anything in there website ..

Just sent Alden a text and he has a solid point ..... It has no tilt.... What where they thinking? ??? I might send him one to play with! !!!

Nice find Hyaden!!!! Just like the k&b I use!!!! That link didn't work so I found this http://www3.towerhob...4012+&search=Go on tower!!!
Yeah sorry I just edited the link it works now ...... I have no idea with computers :unsure: and yes that's what i thought about the pivot but.... yes it does pivot with the stock engine because it pivots where the pin mounts on stock engine mount same as it would normally..... this just allows you to raise and lower engine height but angle is done same as stock engine angle adjustment.

Can you see it now.. I just wanted to see if I had the ability to upload a picture to post lol. I think it will be quite good actually an improvement over the stock setup for sure, making prop height adjustments much easier.... looks like it has 2 mounting hole option's also, I guess one would have to be the same as stock mount hole's.

Here's my current mount a Octura, not the best picture but the only one I have...

2011-02-19_21-24-16_995.jpg

That looks like it does what you need it to kroggs very nice my friend the TT looks pretty nicely shined to. I think I'll be upgrading to this mount for $13 for sure. What hull is that motor on kroggs?

Ah that's your TS3 TT/BXR Alden special..... pretty silly question now I look at the pic :blink: how do you like the TS3 performance with that power plant, can it handle the speed ok? I love my TS3 drives like it's on rails wot all the time sweet as.

A bit of nostalgia for you guys....

TT were supposed to make that engine mount way back in the early 90's when the engine was first released. There were brochures with it listed as a "hop up" item.

Back