thunder tiger mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fighting words, well all I have to say is Hayden has got a better running TT obt than I've seen you have tim... ;)

I'd be up for winter spec, but travel for that 4000km would suck an not to mention i have to drag both kids. I know I could fly and do it quicker and maybe cheaper. But what fun it would be I whip all Sydney boys with me other nitro boats. (fighting words) :)

Maybe nationals next year - ill try con Hayden into a trip then. He Might have a twin TT obt to race in 45 class.

Hayden we still good 4 Sunday?

Dave

Fighting words, well all I have to say is Hayden has got a better running TT obt than I've seen you have tim... ;)
3 nationals with TT engines I built plus loads of other races, not just club racing in FNQ..

Haven't raced seriously with a TT for quite a few years now - prefer NR and OS. I don't know how many times you saw me run a TT, I'm betting it's only once and we don't always have a perfect boat every time out - Well I sure don't....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i've never raced boats seriously & im pretty sure I never will, honestly it's just a sunday morning hobby for me. Tim I give you credit mate for all the races you've won sporting the TT underdog. I agree with you all, the OS will out run the TT when running 50%-60% nitro. I run 30% nitro and can tell you all, the TT is faster on 30% period. ;)

Dave see you sunday bud... 5knt winds not a cloud in the sky, does it get any better for tunnels?

Ran a tank through the bxr today!!!! Man does she sound purdy!!!! Now if the 20 mph winds would just go away.....

Oh yeah bet it sounds sweet man, what carb do you run in the BXR kroggs looks like the 20j? We had a good run yesterday did a prop change on the XM tried the grim 40+52 3 blade agian & she worked well with that prop, has some lift and lossens up the vs1 quite a bit,lets it really fly....4 blow overs later :D , was great fun to drive only coming into the head wind on the back straight was a bit hairy , i'll play with some thrust angle next time. Well the TT I only pulled her out for 1 run & she ran perfect as always, turned a few heads lol....

Has anybody ran a stock timed TT on 50% nitro fuel sucessfully? Mine runs great on the 30% wondering if it would be worth a try jumping up to 50% fuel???

Did you take the head shim out??? I'd just run the 30... If it weren't for the deal I got on nitro I would just run whatever I come across! !!

It will run alright but to get the full potential of 50-60% you will probably want to do some mods... You might want to talk to Alden on JW's mustang mods thats if he knows what they were.. I cannot remember are you piped up???

Most of the stock OS's at my club (mine included) run on 50% with the only mod being the head shim taken out.

Most of the stock OS's at my club (mine included) run on 50% with the only mod being the head shim taken out.
Tim,

That's exactly what i'm trying to achieve by going to 50%, it's for the OS i'm just wondering if the TT will run on the same fuel guys, I think it will be trial and error I guess with the TT as it could run fine with my current setup...I'll let you know how it goes anyway.

Kroggs

Yeah she's piped i'm just questioning about the stock timing on the TT being an issue on 50% fuel...Trial and error

Well I made the race today and can't waite to go back!!! The second heat it was on, until she hooked and died... Ride attitude was good and although running rich she showed some good speed!!

That's exactly what i'm trying to achieve by going to 50%, it's for the OS i'm just wondering if the TT will run on the same fuel guys, I think it will be trial and error I guess with the TT as it could run fine with my current setup...I'll let you know how it goes anyway.
It'll work - you should be able to shorten the pipe more on the piped TT with more nitro.

It'll work - you should be able to shorten the pipe more on the piped TT with more nitro.
Tim,

cheers man, looking forward to seeing what I can get out of both engines on the 50% go go juice...

Shorten the pipe length, yep ok i'll try that...

Manuel,

Very nice job there with the picco powerhead, so how does she run & what prop have you settled on??

Looks faaaaaast ;)

Latest posts

Back