thunder tiger mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim thanks for the welcome mate and putting the video link up, Im just coming out of the stone ages now and computers and I don't mix very well yet and yeah i'll say G'day to dave for sure.

Love the tiger paint scheme tim I had the TT bolted to the back of my VS1 for awhile, that was a real nice combo but i was having trouble getting the TS3 osxm combo working so I thought osxm VS1 combo is proven i'll try that, TT for the TS3 and I love it. I would like to thank you, and all the other TT guru's, camaroboy and kroggs I have watched your mod TT youtube vids many times and read probably every post trying to gather info just call me the TT stalker :ph34r: but would like to thank you all for all the valuable info. For me the most valuable info was jerry wyss saying a stock TT was a torque monster and could turn a full x642.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly that cowl is at the bottom of the pond these days.

The OS O/B is a better match for the VS1 anyway. Very capable combination.

Yours must have the 1.19:1 reduction gear set in it. To pull a X642 on only 30% nitro with the stock head I'm guessing it does.

Grab the scuba gear captain, I actually had a guy pm that question today but i still have the box for this engine and the part# is 9568 which according to the manual is 1.04.1 so im not sure if TT was just slapping whatever in there. But yeah it's stock as tim head shim removed water cooling reduced. The funny thing I have found with this setup is the more i opened up the hsn the better it went i just kept feeding it fuel till it slowed down then back in a touch walah, it's a funny beast.

Easy enough to check without dismantling it. Take the plug out, turn the flywheel 10 times and count how many rotations the prop does.

The gear reduction set with a real short SPP pipe can make for some serious rpm (and some wierd handling traits).

Ok so it's confirmed, impossible to count 2 rotating parts at the same time without your girlfriend. With some help i came up with 9.6 prop rev to 10 rev on the motor so correct me if im wrong but 1.04.1 that would make it 9.6 prop rev per 10 motor rev. I think it's 1.04.1 ratio in that engine. Manuel if you read this the ratio is 1.04.1. I just did those sums in my head sounded right at the time. So 1.16.1 would be 8.4 rev of the prop per 10 rev of the motor is this right? wow thats a big difference I never took the time to look at it before. Interesting ..... Now i just need dave to get his mac powered custom kris flynn :p on the water and dialed in then it's back to the drawing boards for me lol

Ha I was going to say what a top bloke u r Hayden until u said I run a vision. ;) . Custom design from kris Flynn and a bit of my input is what I run. I'll bring it out next weekend. I'd like to get there this weekend but Jason and I r working it out when we won't have to drag all the kids along.

Tim, Hayden is not to bad but that TT. Would have won the NAT in my view if he went. The rotter is off tap and it just keeps going.

Hayden, happily give your TT an ass whooping with my villain S1 UL1 powered electric. Rock on bud. Will catch up soon. Ive got a heap on my plate ATM boats and work. So maybe some new toys might come out to play in the following months.

Dave

There's a lot more to winning a nationals than just being fast though. I've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory more than once.

Yeah I know that Tim. Just commenting its very reliable for Hayden.

It would not had the speed as Kris nova, but faster than a stock OS. Defiantly great all through the throttle range and just keeps chugging along.

Ok so it's confirmed, impossible to count 2 rotating parts at the same time without your girlfriend. With some help i came up with 9.6 prop rev to 10 rev on the motor so correct me if im wrong but 1.04.1 that would make it 9.6 prop rev per 10 motor rev. I think it's 1.04.1 ratio in that engine. Manuel if you read this the ratio is 1.04.1. I just did those sums in my head sounded right at the time. So 1.16.1 would be 8.4 rev of the prop per 10 rev of the motor is this right? wow thats a big difference I never took the time to look at it before. Interesting ..... Now i just need dave to get his mac powered vision on the water and dialed in then it's back to the drawing boards for me lol
I am the one who asked about the gear ratio. I don´t know if anyone have alredy tried the gear ratio 1.27:1(PN0105). I will do it in some days. Some advices about the propellers are welcome. The engine is a piped TT.21(silver bullet pipe) and for sure it will be necessary to rise the cavitation plate for a bigger propeller( thinking about a prather 225).

Ha I was going to say what a top bloke u r Hayden until u said I run a vision. ;) . Custom design from kris Flynn and a bit of my input is what I run. I'll bring it out next weekend. I'd like to get there this weekend but Jason and I r working it out when we won't have to drag all the kids along.

Tim, Hayden is not to bad but that TT. Would have won the NAT in my view if he went. The rotter is off tap and it just keeps going.

Hayden, happily give your TT an ass whooping with my villain S1 UL1 powered electric. Rock on bud. Will catch up soon. Ive got a heap on my plate ATM boats and work. So maybe some new toys might come out to play in the following months.

Dave
Hey Dave..... Kris Flynn custom, my apologise guys. Wow what a compliment about the TT mate thanks dave my work is done. Ass whooping the TT looks like its going in reverse against your villian dave, If only i wasn't such a nitro junkie I'd let you help me build a FE tunnel, just a bit faster than yours.

No thanks needed hyaden,,,, glad i could help you,,, and i will in any way if you need it..... us tt guys need to stick together... :lol: .....

if you need some stainless steering arms let me know..... ;)

i run a x642 on my 30vg tt... the 9568 is for sure the 1:04 .1,,, that thing scoots for sure man...

Alden

No thanks needed hyaden,,,, glad i could help you,,, and i will in any way if you need it..... us tt guys need to stick together... :lol: .....

if you need some stainless steering arms let me know..... ;)

i run a x642 on my 30vg tt... the 9568 is for sure the 1:04 .1,,, that thing scoots for sure man...

Alden
Camaroboy thanks mate yes us TT fans are few and far between, and I did actually wonder if you still did the ss arms still Alden cause mine are a bit buttery now and let me down quit often. Love to see the 30vg TT in action that must be a wild ride, is she a shelf queen now a days?

no no there is a recent video on here with it running on the htb 290 i have.... im still working on the set up and that engine is just getting broken in.......seems to get faster every weekend i run it,,, it just seems i can never make it to the pond with my buddies....look here in the outboard forum,,, another fun day at kilvert st. is the title i beleive... my buddy rene danner posted it... and yes,, be aware i was being stupid in the video..... i should have never kept running my boat..... again the setup needs refining,,it will get faster for sure.....

Ya i still make em.... here and there... i have plenty drawn up on the ss just have to cut them,, i can hook you up with a set but it will take a little time.. i need to catch up on current orders... life has taken ahold of me lately....

Alden

its on page 5 of this forum...... my boat is the one you see before you start the video... green,,purple,,and like a burnt red htb 290..... the 290 seemed to be the best canidate for the 30vg,,, its long and very solid,, it makes for a more predictable ride... mark hopper did awsome with these boats i love them.....i would like to get my hands on a 260 next....

its on page 5 of this forum...... my boat is the one you see before you start the video... green,,purple,,and like a burnt red htb 290..... the 290 seemed to be the best canidate for the 30vg,,, its long and very solid,, it makes for a more predictable ride... mark hopper did awsome with these boats i love them.....i would like to get my hands on a 260 next....

Very nice camaroboy, htb 290 I love that ride attitude that's the way all tunnels should be steup and you were the only boat left standing, lossen em up let's see em fly the less boat in the water the faster it's going to go and I didn't really see any negative handling issues. The 30vg looks fasssst how do the TT lowers handle the punishment? Oh and not to worry mate your busy I know the feeling I do have some stainless sheet just not the ideal tools for the job, where there's a will there's a way I say.

I am the one who asked about the gear ratio. I don´t know if anyone have alredy tried the gear ratio 1.27:1(PN0105). I will do it in some days. Some advices about the propellers are welcome. The engine is a piped TT.21(silver bullet pipe) and for sure it will be necessary to rise the cavitation plate for a bigger propeller( thinking about a prather 225).
I've used that gear ratio before. What I did was use a full diameter X642, and used a VERY VERY short pipe - the SB pipe is not what I'd call a short pipe even if you can get the header as short as it will go. Something like an Irwin or an SPP or better still - a Gadjetcraft is what I'd use and go for lots of rpm. You will probably need higher exhaust timing than standard too as exhaust timing ties in to pipe length / rpm range. Keeping flex cables in 1 piece will be the next issue..........plus the occasional pipe stage half way thru a turn is rather un-nerving with a tunnel! Then you have the torque rolling going down the straights.

The lower has no issues with the added power besides the prop shafts...it will shear the factory roll pins in seconds... all my prop shafts are pinned with hardened drill rod for this very reason...down fall with that is they will toss the drill rod occasionally on the 30vg....

as far as your stainless plate,,,just be sure its not thicker than the stock arm by much or it will mess with your trim adjustability... my ss plate i get is .052" thick...right in the ball park of the factory arms.... i take a factory arm,,,flatten it,,and tranfer that onto the ss...drilling it can be tough,,it kills the tiny bits perdy quick..... easiest way ive found to cut them out is a cutoff wheel in a dremel tool,,after they are cut... i use a small belt sander with 120 grit paper to clean them up and make them the same overall size...quite simple,,just tough material to work with....

The lower has no issues with the added power besides the prop shafts...it will shear the factory roll pins in seconds... all my prop shafts are pinned with hardened drill rod for this very reason...down fall with that is they will toss the drill rod occasionally on the 30vg....

as far as your stainless plate,,,just be sure its not thicker than the stock arm by much or it will mess with your trim adjustability... my ss plate i get is .052" thick...right in the ball park of the factory arms.... i take a factory arm,,,flatten it,,and tranfer that onto the ss...drilling it can be tough,,it kills the tiny bits perdy quick..... easiest way ive found to cut them out is a cutoff wheel in a dremel tool,,after they are cut... i use a small belt sander with 120 grit paper to clean them up and make them the same overall size...quite simple,,just tough material to work with....
Thanks for the tips and make sure you add some more vids of the 30vg TT when you have finished dialing her in would love to see the end result when you get there......

Back