The Boat Formerly Known As Project 'Hydro-plow'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:project 'Hydro-plow'

wow,

you beat my Pheonix boat deal with that one- 300 for an entire setup?? jeez!

a great deal like that has GOTTA go red and black. ;)

how did it run?

Joe

It drove like a town car. Smooth, fast, and cornered great with out trim tabs! But the flex shaft was too long and broke after a few laps. I wil try it again tomorrow. :D

Well, with the site down for a couple of days I was able to get something done on this...

Eric...what do you think? The strut is slotted for adjustment of + or - 1/4".

Looks good! Did you take her out yet? Hey never mind about hull color for my scarab. I ran it into a rock at 45+ this weekend! :'( Looks like I need a new hull.

Hey PJ that it starting to look real serious back there. Where did you get that strut at? Very weird offset on the bracket -but it looks like it was ment for your boat.

If you would of got purpple anodized hardware it would of put a tear even on "Prince"... and please no more quotes from purple rain the movie or sound lirics ;D

Yeah, the offset is a bit weird looking...but it WAS custom made for this boat--by me! ;D

I cut the strut out of an old street sign, and the bracket is just a piece of aluminum angle.

RCBL...........OUCH!!! :eek:

Not enough left for reconstruction? So...uhh...you got an engine and some hardware for sale? :p

Hey PJ

You really did a nice job on the rear end! I'll bet it gets up this time.

I'm in the middle of doing the Mike P finishing thing on my on my 12

right now. Seems to be working out pretty well. Should have some pictures up soon.

Don

How about a OPS .65 gold head with only a half tank of 15% run through! Comes with a Octura rubber mount, two flex hex couplers, and two pipes. One is muffled and the other in not. Running hardware... Well I don't think anybody would want it. It's pretty bent up. The hull could be fixed, but who has that kind of time?

Make an offer!

PJ

wow,

lookin purdy now....especially the strut.

RCBL,

that pretty much sucks- sorry, but i don't know any other way of putting it....i'd seriously consider buying your engine, but if i was to get a boat of that size it would have a gas engine in it. do you have any other rides?

Joe

Everythng I have is still being worked on. I won't have time to complete them untill mid summer or next year! I'm selling some of my extra engines and buying a gas RTR. I just want to go out tear up some water!!!

Well, at the end of another day of testing, I've decided I need some Hydro-therapy! (Or some sort of therapy!)

It looked a whole lot better, and actually got up to around 10 MPH! :eek:

I took the cam along this time and I'm editing the pics right now...

WOW PJ, a whole 10mph, :eek: I hope you didn't blink, otherwise you couldn't tell if it was moving or not!! just kidding. I wish I had some advice to give, but I am clueless as to what is going on. ???

Oh you can definitely tell it's moving by the trench it cuts!

Octura V938/3...

This was the 10 MPH run. (wowwwwwww...it blurred the pic! : :) )

Octura X438...courtesy of Mr. Eric Perez. (yup, it worked the best)

On a positive note...my retrieval boat does much better with the 2400 NiCd pack I got from Lax..... ;D

It looks to me like the tub can't break free from the water. Can you lower the sponsons at all? How about a really fast launch with more throttle? Rain-X?? :-

Latest posts

Back