The Boat Formerly Known As Project 'Hydro-plow'

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know. But.......even if the specs are on the optimistic side, it's not bad for the price.

Hey PJ,

A good buddy loaned it to me for the trials, I really dont know the exact specs but, carb was off a Rossi I believe, he opened and tapered out the throat a bit, porting was just GONZO, dont know numbers, but it reved so hard I knew the rod was gonna let go, but it didnt, Absolute screamer!!!!!

Gene ;D

Crap, I just got a fatal error on this post, Sheeesh!!!!

Oh well least it came up..........

wow,

109$ sounds like a bargain for that thing.....but since you probably arnt too concerned about meeting specs to race the thing in a ROAR stock car or whatever, get the outlawed one! they've got it on tower, a bit more than 109$, but maybe worth it.

bug,

if i were a guy making engines i'd definitly put the VERY BEST specs i could get and maybe round up a tad, but it still ain't ebay! ;D

you do have a point though,

especially since the engine only costs 109.

We have hashed this out in the past post's !! with the OS tr-p , Rossi black pixi, and the Sirio . The Sirio @150.00 was the winner , out hp'ed OS @ 200.00and the Rossi @240.00 Even Hammer said the Sirio was hard to beat the bang for the buck. All this was in the HH .12 post's

Ya'll do and say what you want to I'm staying the hell out of it !!! ;D :p 8)

I got a .12 WB that has 3.2 hp !!!!

THE FATAL ERROR'S BACK WITH A VENGENCE !!!!

Well here is my spin on it, for 218 bucks plus shippin, ya buy two of them, mod the poop outta one and ya got a full set of spares with the other, But I'm a little STRANGE :eek: BUGGITTY, BUGGITTY, BOOOOOO ;)

Gene ;D

MAN no kiddin I got two error's in the last five minutes here!!!!

I forgot they are just" running" at the pond !!

Not "racing" every two weeks or month at the pond !!

That's more than I want to spend on this little venture. I doubt I have more than $150 in the whole project.

$100-$120 I can swing...any more and I'd have to start sellin' off my K&B stash.

SAY WHAT?

K@B stash? Outboard stash? Hmmmmmmm..........

Gene ;D

Crap this one timed out too, Its gettin nutz..........

Yahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

You need to hook up with Eric and get one of those cheap Traxs/ force .12 or .15 that he has the article on the hop- up's that turns them into screamers !!!!!

NITRO TOURING I think !!!!

That **** fatal error !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*(

solution:

sell me some hardware!

:D lol

that's why i got the ol KB .18 - cheapest little nitro i could find! then again i'da much rather payed the extra for that picco, sheesh, all i'd need was a pullstart to fit it and theres almost twice as much power for 30 bucks more!

150 in the whole thing's good, considering you can spend twice that on one aspect alone [300$ engine, 300$ hull, 300$ radio, 300$ other stuff]

Joe

Gene...if you only knew. 8)

WB...I'm running the TRX that Eric did the Turbo mod article on.

Hi Guy's

All this talk about specs is like a p#$$ing contest. Numbers don't matter squat it's how it actually goes in someones hands who has a clue that's important.

Me I'm a Nova Rossi fan but hey I'll run anything that goes hard. I've noticed that most of these motors seem to just be Nova clones anyway. LOL

Just my .10c (why not exagerate like ALL the engine sellers do)

GT :p

If you go with an SG shaft, what do you use for a flywheel?

Don
Don, I'm using a 5mm smooth bore to .130 flex coupler on my newest project. I've ground a flat on the Traxxas IPS (Very similar to SG shaft) for the setscrew to sit against. If I can ever get caught up at work I might actually be able to run the new TRX2.5 engine and let you all know how it worked out.

MIP has a heavy flywheel for the TRX engines it's like $11 plus shipping that will fit the traxxas

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...p?&I=LXUR90&P=7

If my smooth flex works -Then It's an option. For what ever reason the SG engines are usually the ones on sale ???

That's what I'm thinking but a lot of the good engines only come with the SG shaft. Sure wish some one would make flywheels for those!

Hi Guy's

A flywheel design for SG shafted engines is easy - it's getting someone to machine the flywheels and flex couplers thats the hard bit.

GT : :)

Hammers .12 had the SG shaft, he said it's not a problem just cut it off. He must have the parts that fit. He also had an aluminum flywheel on it.

-MikeP

Back