TF443- Irwin Lower & Engine Combo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike

I do think that you are way off base on one thing. I'm sure that the board has it's reasons for this class,but the class is really one that can attract new boaters. It is the only class that you can walk in to your local hobby shop(this is wishful thinking)and buy a complete rig. Even though the off-the-shelf boat may not win,I don't think the newcomer will feel beaten so bad as he would if he tried to start out with a rigger. This class is the one that can keep things going when others are dying out.

How this all came out of brass in yer propshaft and shortening a flex six pages ago I'll never know,

Jack Black shots fer everybody, three each fer starts.............. :wacko:

Boogie till ya Puke!!!!!

Gener :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to know if this is consider stock.i took the bottom or lower end of a stock k&b ss and put it on my stock k&b water cooled motor it now looks just like the k&bsx but its not black like it.i had that foot lay around and not using it.

i was in altanta this past weekend to watch the racing action.i was talking to karla about the stock class if enough are interested they might cosider it.but what do i know iam not yet an impba member.i was going to start racing this year ,but blew my knee out at the end of last year had to have my acl replaced and the munsicus replaced so that halted that.i do plan on racing this coming year.

allen

Hey Guys,

I know nothing about the Sport Tunnel class or the motors. (electric guy B) ) But I've read the whole thread and can't figure what went wrong were to cause the shouting match. Lighten up. It is just a hobby and certainly not worth what I just finished reading. Also, I can tell you one thing I know for sure. There is no such thing as a beginner anything class.

Paul.

krpnova said:
MikeI do think that you are way off base on one thing. I'm sure that the board has it's reasons for this class,but the class is really one that can attract new boaters. It is the only class that you can walk in to your local hobby shop(this is wishful thinking)and buy a complete rig. Even though the off-the-shelf boat may not win,I don't think the newcomer will feel beaten so bad as he would if he tried to start out with a rigger. This class is the one that can keep things going when others are dying out.
Bob

If you are saying that im off base then you are saying that IMPBA is Off base.. Maybe we are.. Bottom line the intent of the class was not for the new racer..(i think i stated that a few times here someplace) this is why the IMPBA wrote in the Production ABS class... Clubs need to run this class to make it avalible to the new guy.. without the support of the clubs and the local shops the Production ABS or any other new commer class is going to fail.

Sport tunnel can attract new racers just like the rest of the classes.. how may guys do you see come in to Phils that have seen a hydro run.. what do they want.. a tunnel.. NO.. they want a hydro.. its fast and they want fast...

If they see a tunnel run and then they see your hydro on the counter what do they want.. 8 out of 10 times its the hydro.. its fast and they want fast..

All this until you start talking cost....

Bob i sold hobby crap retail for 10 years and i have seen it all.. Guys buying hydros only to come in later to get a tunnel... you have seen this too..

I for one think (might be a useless opinion, i will let you decide) think tunnel hulls are the best and i do mean best boat for the new RACER to join in with..

Is the sport tunnel class the best class for them to going in to? Maybe its D tunnel? It might be B mod… its not for IMPBA to decide. Its just that because of the nature (i.e. cost, easy to tune, easy to buid, etc,) of there purchase that the Sport Tunnel class has been getting picked on as the new guy class...

In the IMPBA its not.. Period..

Cheers and thanks for your concern..

Mike

grim,

man i love my tunnels and always will ,i have had a rigger a hydro but always go back to my tunnels.it like win i was in car audio or sound quaitly competion i was in the lowest class winning first place time after time,best of show 5 time in 3 years won points champion 5 times national champion.had people what me out of the class. i finnally quit their was knowthing left for me to win.i find a class that i like and stay with it knowmatter have long it takes my to get my first win.

allen

aamick1971 said:
grim,man i love my tunnels and always will ,i have had a rigger a hydro but always go back to my tunnels.it like win i was in car audio or sound quaitly competion i was in the lowest class winning first place time after time,best of show 5 time in 3 years won points champion 5 times national champion.had people what me out of the class. i finnally quit their was knowthing left for me to win.i find a class that i like and stay with it knowmatter have long it takes my to get my first win.

allen
Dude.. im with you.. i just love dem tunnels...

You like me.. are a compitition junky.. you are the kind of guy the IMPBA is looking for...

Welcome

grim

Hi grim

what i have been doing is when there is someone at the lake just watching i make sure that i try to make them feel welcome than believe or not i ask them if they are intrested in rc boats. if so i want to know in they want to run one. if so i fuel up one of my tunnels and through it in and let them run until the tank is dry. usely be then you have them hooked. but the only thing i need to do is to be able to answer questions like where i can get a boat, engine, radio at. well i keep a list of hull mfg's and where to get radios and engins. and i include all of the hull mfg's not just me.

usealy they will show up two or three sundays to watch and sometimes we wind up with a new boater and some times we do not. i wish we had a lake bigenough to race on that really brings them in. and by the way i do not knock anyones hulls or engines when talking to them. that type of talk does nothing but turns them away.

this is the best thing that i have found to do right now. i have been thinking about what the airplane club that is located here does. they all got togather and everyone donated enough things to put a trainer togather just for interested people to fly and see if they like it before spending the mony to get in the hobby and it has really worked for them. maby a few clubs could try this.

well i need to get back to work see ya later jimmy

Jimmy,

I can not do this as our water is IMPBA water..

I can however tell them all i know.. Some like to stay and watch a few races.. its cool.

Mike

jydracing said:
Hi grim
what i have been doing is when there is someone at the lake just watching i make sure that i try to make them feel welcome than believe or not i ask them if they are intrested in rc boats. if so i want to know in they want to run one. if so i fuel up one of my tunnels and through it in and let them run until the tank is dry. usely be then you have them hooked. but the only thing i need to do is to be able to answer questions like where i can get a boat, engine, radio at. well i keep a list of hull mfg's and where to get radios and engins. and i include all of the hull mfg's not just me.

usealy they will show up two or three sundays to watch and sometimes we wind up with a new boater and some times we do not. i wish we had a lake bigenough to race on that really brings them in. and by the way i do not knock anyones hulls or engines when talking to them. that type of talk does nothing but turns them away.

this is the best thing that i have found to do right now. i have been thinking about what the airplane club that is located here does. they all got togather and everyone donated enough things to put a trainer togather just for interested people to fly and see if they like it before spending the mony to get in the hobby and it has really worked for them. maby a few clubs could try this.

well i need to get back to work see ya later jimmy
Big thumbs up to Jimmy! Labor day was the first time in a year that I had ran my boats, and I had two observers give it a shot. It's the only way to truly spark interest. I hope that more out there will do the same.

David

hi grim unfortunaly our water is not impba i wish it was than we would be racing. the way the airpland club does it is the spectator only flies the plane after it is airborn and the radio is hooked up to a buddy box. i do not know if it is legal acording to there rules or not. but they found out this is the only way to get members. it workes this way and anyone that has kids know what i am saying any time a youngion sees something new they want to do it no matter the cost. but the parents are werry becouse they do not know if the child can do it and the cost. the ones that do get involved they will tell you that the reason they did was the way the members made them feel and that they let the child or adult try the flying.

it sure worked on my son about 4000.00 worth but i am glad it gives him a place to go and have fun and make friends and stay out of trouble. well worth the money. who in the impba could tell us if this is aganst the insurance rules or not i not sure but i think that it sayes in the insurance that the coverrage only is in efect at sanctioned events if so are the clubs getting sanctions to run on sunday afternoon. hey mike maby you could help with this.

see ya soon jimmy

jimmy

Mike

I think you have seen my point. Outboard tunnels rule! This means that the most obvious class for a beginner would be the "slowest" outboard class. This would be Sport 21 Tunnel. Since I don't work on commission,I point the new customer to what I think they can handle, both physically and financially. I dread seeing a "newby" showing up at the pond with a rigger. I have yet to see,or hear about,a race with the ABS boats running. I wish it would become popular,as it would reduce the start up costs for the beginner.

Grim

Is this going to be over or not................... or are people going to keep pointing fingers at me........... It's time for this to drop...!!!!!!!

You know that if you really think about the things in the " Email " not to mention Emails to Brian.....that some people would take a disliking to.........IE; the intent.........go back and really read it with a open mind....the Email...

And remember that you had a whole forum to promote your product .. I don't want to be forced to post the Email and then go back through and pull out the three pages of post nipits to prove that it's not all my fault that it got to were it was...... Remember you did say ....THIS DO GET UGLY DON'T IT....AND WHEN THE DUST SETTLES !!!!!!!!! THAT.....and that there were :lol: :lol: :lol: at the end of the dumb a$$ statement ,you call it....

LETS DROP THIS HERE AND NOW EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MOVE ON TO SOMETHING GOOD............BECAUSE THERE IS PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND!!!!!!!! ON EVERYONES WORDS......

SO AS FAR AS I SEE IT, IT ENDS HERE AND NOW FOR EVERYONES COMMENTS.... not good words for you right now..... LET IT DIE A FAST DEATH !!!!!!!

YOUR BUD........{.not the smoking or drinking kind } ;)

WB

:blink:

p.s. We had to break some kind of record: 8 pages,113 posts, 2,372 views.......!!!

Guy's Till Jims engines get here, I really dont think there is much else to be said that would be constructive,

Again just my perception,

Gene :D

Back