TANK HOLD DOWNS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david cox

What are the options for securing the fuel tank in the boat? I have used elastics in the past but they are not nitro friendly, and therefore don't last very long. I am looking for someting that is strong, lightweight and fuel proof. Has any one tried velco? Thought of giving it a try but didn't know if it is fuelproof.

Thanks, David

Velcro works just fine. I use it all the time. In times of desperation silicone works well but you'll need to check after a few races to make sure it's still strong.

Another thing that works good is make some wood rails to run the length of each side of the radio box, side to side or front to back, it doesn't matter, screw hooks, like the picture frame hooks ( I forget the exact name) in to the wood rails and strap the tank down with rubber bands. Last you can get thin sheet aluminum and make a U-shape or horse shoe pattern to fit around the tank and you can screw that down into the wood rails.

In my mono's I like to make a nice wooden tray that my fuel tanks fit into, I fiberglass wood rails w/eye hooks (that's the name) inside the boat, slide it in and rubber band it down. This way you can do maintanence on the tank or on the boat etc...

Remember, the best way is the way you do it! ;)

I'd say use radiobox tape it holds down just about anything for me and doesn't seem to losen if taped before getting oily

Just use zip ties in place of the rubber bands. Easiest to try. No mods needed.

Mike

Dudes.. i have looooooooooonng hair.. hair bungies.. they last a whole summer..

O yea.. i still use O rings in my tunnels..

Grim

Dont you also use "scrunchies"?

Grimracer said:

Grim

96848[/snapback]

Speedway said:
Dont you also use "scrunchies"?
Grimracer said:

Grim

96848[/snapback]

96869[/snapback]

O yea.. thats right.. hea.. its a long hair thing.. :D

grim

Back