Scammer on ebay!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reasons above are the same reason that I no longer have and Pay Pal account, it took me about 10 days to figure it out who screwed who an I cam out the looser, on international orders I only accept Checks on a US bank or a Western Union money order, and do not ship until payment is received.

No if's ands or butts!!!!

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

I dont even want to think about how many thousands of dollars I have lost via paypal and their shenanigans. The best thing you can do is chalk it up to a learning experience, and never use them again. Trust me, you will not get your money back or your boat unless the guys comes clean. You probably dont want to hear that, but it is what it is.

Been screwed on here as well via paypal, its not just Ebay. Know who you deal with, or dont deal at all. Its the world we live in.

Nothing in this world worse than a thief.

Sorry man! good luck.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh come one, why do you guys think EVERYONE outside the USA is bad?
No Kris, but we already know about you guys in Oz! :D

Really, I haven't seen an Aussie online that I haven't liked or won't give a second thought about not trusting.

So far I've have very good luck (if luck has anything to do with it) with the members of this site and others like it. I have been singed but not completely burned by a kid that I dealt with years ago. One other case over on Jim's that almost put the guy out of business but we got things worked out.

Yes, I have shipped to Australia.

It takes forever ot get anything shipped to Canada. Although I've shipped to there a little more than 200 miles away, it still takes 7-10 days to get through customs. Germany was much faster at only 4 days!

Well I'd bought my first miss bud proboat off a guy in MO.. Well the pics and add showed the radio..When I got the boat ,no radio and the body had more cracks then what he said or showed..plus the motor took a dump in 20 seconds too...I didnt pay by paypal.payed by moneyorder..I'd reported the guy in ebay..payed 130 for the boat..Got 3/4 of my money back not the shipping and plus I got to keep the boat..I had to fax pics of the damages on the boat plus showed them the add,,If he didnt want to sell the boat with radio he shouldve stated it in his add,in which he didnt..So I'd kind of got lucky on that..I did had proublem with paypal account..they shut my account down..Told me there was subspicious activity in my account..They wouldnt tell me the exact reason was and that Pi**me off...So I had to open a new bank account to restart a new paypal account.. I bet it was Ebay when they throw hidden charges and de ducting from my account...Both are jacka**!! Ebay owns paypal too...That what I was told...I hope you get your boat or your money..Never sell to people out of the good old USA...Most adds say only sell to the lower 48 states...

Well I'd bought my first miss bud proboat off a guy in MO.. Well the pics and add showed the radio..When I got the boat ,no radio and the body had more cracks then what he said or showed..plus the motor took a dump in 20 seconds too...I didnt pay by paypal.payed by moneyorder..I'd reported the guy in ebay..payed 130 for the boat..Got 3/4 of my money back not the shipping and plus I got to keep the boat..I had to fax pics of the damages on the boat plus showed them the add,,If he didnt want to sell the boat with radio he shouldve stated it in his add,in which he didnt..So I'd kind of got lucky on that..I did had proublem with paypal account..they shut my account down..Told me there was subspicious activity in my account..They wouldnt tell me the exact reason was and that Pi**me off...So I had to open a new bank account to restart a new paypal account.. I bet it was Ebay when they throw hidden charges and de ducting from my account...Both are jacka**!! Ebay owns paypal too...That what I was told...I hope you get your boat or your money..Never sell to people out of the good old USA...Most adds say only sell to the lower 48 states...
I sold a boat on ebay 2 months ago, I stated that I ship USA only however the buyer clicked on the "buy it now". One thing, hes in F&%#!NG japan.

I thought I'd be a nice guy so I sent it out couple weeks before Xmas. Just recently I get an email from the buyer asking where its at....Oh brother, here we go again....I have no idea how long it takes something to be shipped to Japan, I'm just a little guy with a day job, with PayPal bangin' me from behind, its just not worth the hassle. I cant even close my PayPal, I keep getting a msg stating that I have to wait 3-5 bussiness days for pending transactions to clear, thing is, there hasnt been any transactions in almost a month. So I contacted my Bank to have them blocked...

Hi,

I am French. I am sorry for the trouble you had in selling your boat to a french man. I don't know the guy and can't really help you.

I just want to tell you that not all french people are like him. :rolleyes:

cheers

Pierre

Hi,

I am French. I am sorry for the trouble you had in selling your boat to a french man. I don't know the guy and can't really help you.

I just want to tell you that not all french people are like him. :rolleyes:

cheers

Pierre
We are not trying to throw you into a category just because you're French. I chatted with a guy who lived in Nigeria and as you might guess, had a helluva time trying to buy RC boat goodies from anyone. He was telling me how corrupt that country is just in everyday life.

BTW, a lot of us know one really nice Frenchman, Francois Peilleron. He tours the US every summer hitting boat races. He makes his living selling Christmas tress which struck me as odd as I never really thought of countries like France having Christmas trees. Live and learn.

Hi Tim,

I am French modeler. I am sorry for the trouble you had in selling your boat to a French boater.

two days ago, i sent you a PM...but you didn't show up !

i will be glad to help you.

actually, i contacted yet the French buyer.

he got actually your boat.

on ebay, the same day he ordered the boat, the same day he sent money to paypal.

I phoned to this French guy and he told me, that the money he sent to paypal has never been return to him. (it's a fact)

it will be a matter of time, be patious.

as soon i get some news, i will send you a PM (when i sent, make me a favor: send me back a mail)

hello Ron...François is a good friend of mine

regards

lionel

Hi Tim,

I am French modeler. I am sorry for the trouble you had in selling your boat to a French boater.

two days ago, i sent you a PM...but you didn't show up !

i will be glad to help you.

actually, i contacted yet the French buyer.

he got actually your boat.

on ebay, the same day he ordered the boat, the same day he sent money to paypal.

I phoned to this French guy and he told me, that the money he sent to paypal has never been return to him. (it's a fact)

it will be a matter of time, be patious.

as soon i get some news, i will send you a PM (when i sent, make me a favor: send me back a mail)

hello Ron...François is a good friend of mine

regards

lionel
If he never got his money why did pay pal take it back out of my account and now close my account due to being a -$316.50. that I will not pay because he has my boat. He needs to call pay pal. Thats the fact.

I try to not do international if possible. I have to say I have sold to the netherlands, Thailand, UK and a few others to people from IW and have had no problems. Actually the Thailand sale went smoother than some USA sales, go figure. I really hate paypal as well, knowing that they will cancel purchases for the shooting, hunting, and firearm industry, BS.

I have sold all over the world and have bought from all over the world I have been ripped off 4 times 1 time from Taiwan and 3 time from the U.S.A so it happens all over the place. As for Pay Pay they can kiss my fat #ss as they have never done any thing for me or by the sounds of it any one. just my 2 cents was feeling a little beat up after reading all this.

I closed my PayPal account. They can kiss my medium sized @ss too. The thing about PayPal is they are not a bank, they are not FDIC insured or subject to federal regulation. If someone hacks into your account, their is NO protection like you would have if it was thru your bank or credit card company.

The problem I have with ebay is when you get your sellers invoice I found mine to be subsantially larger than anticipated. if the add costs 55 cents a day and I run the add for 7 days, sell the item for 50 bux, then after I pay ebay & paypal the fees and the postage for mailing the $#%@ out, I more times than not, break even. I'm giving the stuff away for FREE.....

If he never got his money why did pay pal take it back out of my account and now close my account due to being a -$316.50. that I will not pay because he has my boat. He needs to call pay pal. Thats the fact.
It actually takes several weeks before the guy gets the money back on his account.

Why can't you just communicate with him via e-mail? You got his e-mail address right? Send him a new Paypal invoice, and he will send you your money.

How hard can it be?

I love Paypal, and I don't buy if the company don't accept Paypal! There is plenty other companies that want to sell RC boat stuff.

He replied to one of my emails over the weekend, I sent him. He says he never got money back. It could be very true. However Pay Pal wants to talk with him. He needs to cancel the claim and all should be good. Lets hope he does and it would all be good. However the case Pay Pal should NOT be so qwick to hold funds and close accounts either.

It looks like eBay/PayPal needs a good typing to. A lot of times overseas or for that matter, any neighboring country can take 10 or more days to get the shipment there.

Hopefully you can get things settled with the buyer.

This must be an example of poor communication?

First of all, don't use an old e-mail address as Paypal account!

Make sure that you get a tracking number that the buyer pays.

Stay in touch with the guy by e-mail or similar until he gets his stuff.

You don't have to use ebay, you can use the forums.

My two cents...

I live in Australia and buy a lot of my racing gear from the so called good old US of A.I have never had a problem with sending money or recieving my goods but some of you obviously seem to have people from other countries in a catagory of there own,i am sure that some of you would have been ripped off from your own country men.You would think people from overseas are all theives.There are scum bags no matter where you go but don't put us all in that category there are some top people to deal with.I hope you get your money so you aren't at a loss.

I did stay in touch the whole time.
Then why didn't you just send hin another invoice? He will get his money transfered back to his account in a few weeks, so he can either send you the money now or whenever his money is back, which-ever solution you guys agrees on.

Don't worry, just fix the problem and move on...

Back